Author Topic: Help for Left/right imbalance  (Read 1787 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Help for Left/right imbalance
« on: October 13, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »
First things first, yes I tried jacking off more with the other hand, and beating my wife with the other hand, no luck.  ;D

ok, seriously, i have an imbalance going on with my left right sides of my body. i am right handed/right footed. But my left arm, shoulder, pec, quads and calf have a more classic shape and are about 1" bigger around on each body part (cept for chest, hard to measure that so easily).  For instance, left arm in 18, right arm is 17 (remeasured, seemed too big, haha)  The veins on my left arm are classic looking, one vein down middle of bicep, classic forearm veins.

My right side can be flexed a bit harder, and is a little more cut, but has less size, and has a mess of squiggly veins, not adhering to classic shape.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?? Vascular issues?  something else?

It also seems like I can get a better pump on my left side.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Help for Left/right imbalance
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
you ever tried to curl with more weight on one hand? for example you curl db on your left arm at 50lbs and your right with 55lb

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
you ever tried to curl with more weight on one hand? for example you curl db on your left arm at 50lbs and your right with 55lb

no, but i'll try it for sure!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »
I have the same asymmetry. Not much you can do about it. For example, I do a lot of pull-ups/chins - one lat is noticeably bigger than the other. And one bicep is peaked; the other more rounded. Just get on with it. Life: ya know? 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 02:35:44 PM »
I have the same asymmetry. Not much you can do about it. For example, I do a lot of pull-ups/chins - one lat is noticeably bigger than the other. And one bicep is peaked; the other more rounded. Just get on with it. Life: ya know? 

I suppose, its just annoying.  I have put on a decent amount of size in the last year, and when i take off my shirt, i don't want people to say something akin to, "dude, why is that side of your body wasting away?" I know its probably imperceptible to anyone but me, but I feel like one of those crabs with one big claw and one small one, haha

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
I suppose, its just annoying.  I have put on a decent amount of size in the last year, and when i take off my shirt, i don't want people to say something akin to, "dude, why is that side of your body wasting away?" I know its probably imperceptible to anyone but me, but I feel like one of those crabs with one big claw and one small one, haha
Ha! I'm gonna steal that one. It is what it is. The funny thing with me is my non-dominant side is the larger/better. Now, that blows.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 02:39:43 PM »

X2

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
not much you can do about it. mother god fucked you up like that. not many people are 100% symmetrical.

anyways post pics of it. maybe it's mostly in your head.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
A left/right imbalance won the fridge 4 Olympia titles.
Get a 46 inch waist and you could be on your way to the title too.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
not much you can do about it. mother god fucked you up like that. not many people are 100% symmetrical.

anyways post pics of it. maybe it's mostly in your head.

Ha, i'm about 25lbs away from posting pics.  I'd get torn apart here.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
Anyone with any medical thoughts care to chime in?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »

x2

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
My ball sacks also has a slight imbalance

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
The length of your limbs could be different - go to a doc and check if your hips are ok.
Imbalances can certainly harm your spine.
Also elbow joints suffer if your arms aren't equal in length and you train with a barbell.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 03:12:15 PM »
Most people have it mate, look at the Olympia competitors too, clearly noticeable on most :)