Author Topic: Not going to start boxing again until i average 30 reps of dumbell squats a day  (Read 850 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
its pointless to do anything else unless im actually stronger on a weekly average of reps

somedays ill get 25 reps somedays no reps but on a day i dont workout the next day i can get almost 40 reps

its like this

day1 32 reps
day 2 0 reps
day 3 35 reps
day 4 13 reps
day 5 20 reps

ect ect

reps not getting that high my average is around 20 reps a day with two 125 pound dumbells. i usually hoist the weight up with my upper back traps but on the descent all the way down its all lower back and legs

because its really hard to explode up from the bottom position on dumbell deadlifts with that much weight unless you are totally fresh from not training for a few days or if you sit down all day and dont do anything so i really hoist the weight with traps.

also until i average 30 a day everyday i dont see the point in making my training more dynamic untill i reach that level of strength it wouldnt make sense. by adding in boxing right now i garantee my dumbell squat average would be like 14 perday and that would suck

A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
its pointless to do anything else unless im actually stronger on a weekly average of reps

somedays ill get 25 reps somedays no reps but on a day i dont workout the next day i can get almost 40 reps

its like this

day1 32 reps
day 2 0 reps
day 3 35 reps
day 4 13 reps
day 5 20 reps

ect ect

reps not getting that high my average is around 20 reps a day with two 125 pound dumbells. i usually hoist the weight up with my upper back traps but on the descent all the way down its all lower back and legs

because its really hard to explode up from the bottom position on dumbell deadlifts with that much weight unless you are totally fresh from not training for a few days or if you sit down all day and dont do anything so i really hoist the weight with traps.

also until i average 30 a day everyday i dont see the point in making my training more dynamic untill i reach that level of strength it wouldnt make sense. by adding in boxing right now i garantee my dumbell squat average would be like 14 perday and that would suck

Johnny I think by what you are saying your recovery from training is not keeping up with the intense training every day so the body is telling you something maybe a a couple of days rest from training is in order, just my opinion and from what I have learned.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Johnny I think by what you are saying your recovery from training is not keeping up with the intense training every day so the body is telling you something maybe a a couple of days rest from training is in order, just my opinion and from what I have learned.

anytime i take time off from training "mathmatically" my daily average goes down

what is fascinating is my traps can get a repeat soreness 3-4 times a week from the heavy weight

perhaps i need more corn bread
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
what im trying to say is what is the point in taking a days off if it means

day 1 you bench 800 pounds
day2 you take day off dont bench shit
day3 you take day off dont bench shit
day4 you bench 800 pounds

as apposed to this routine
day 1 you bench 500
day 2 bench 500
day 3 bench 500
day 4 bench 500

with the second routine your actually stronger is what im saying

your ACTUALLY stronger with the second routine because your average is higher

and if taking days off actually worked then people would grow to maximum potential size right?

but people seem to think , or get caught up in the idea of routine number 1 means you have more muscle cause you benched 800 two days a week as apposed to benching 500 for 4 days a week
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
anytime i take time off from training "mathmatically" my daily average goes down

what is fascinating is my traps can get a repeat soreness 3-4 times a week from the heavy weight

perhaps i need more corn bread
Corn bread should provide more energy corn was maybe the first food of the American Indians, light water and soil gave them energy to build and do work daily. Corn a good source of vitamin C and Folic Acid which is essential to bodily functions such as repair from training.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
what im trying to say is what is the point in taking a days off if it means

day 1 you bench 800 pounds
day2 you take day off dont bench shit
day3 you take day off dont bench shit
day4 you bench 800 pounds

as apposed to this routine
day 1 you bench 500
day 2 bench 500
day 3 bench 500
day 4 bench 500

with the second routine your actually stronger is what im saying

your ACTUALLY stronger with the second routine because your average is higher

and if taking days off actually worked then people would grow to maximum potential size right?

but people seem to think , or get caught up in the idea of routine number 1 means you have more muscle cause you benched 800 two days a week as apposed to benching 500 for 4 days a week

Muscle size grows at rest Johnny you gotta have rest to grow or whats the end number 1000 reps or a million?  A human cant keep upping reps until infinity there has to be a stopping point.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Muscle size grows at rest Johnny you gotta have rest to grow or whats the end number 1000 reps or a million?  A human cant keep upping reps until infinity there has to be a stopping point.

lets be realistic no one has the time for 1000 reps so thats why i gave the example in poundages

sure there is an absolute limit

but its not provable that more off days means more muscle growth because if that were ACTUALLY true then we would have alot more stronger people
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Corn bread should provide more energy corn was maybe the first food of the American Indians, light water and soil gave them energy to build and do work daily. Corn a good source of vitamin C and Folic Acid which is essential to bodily functions such as repair from training.

yep i just add butter milk to the self rising house of autry corn mix , and fry it in some vegetable oil, tastes so good

its almost even tastier after you cooked it and let it sit in the fridge and eat it cold
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
yep i just add butter milk to the self rising house of autry corn mix , and fry it in some vegetable oil, tastes so good

its almost even tastier after you cooked it and let it sit in the fridge and eat it cold
Wonder what it is that foods taste better the next day I noticed this myself? Any explanation for this our resident nutritionist and leader in science.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Wonder what it is that foods taste better the next day I noticed this myself? Any explanation for this our resident nutritionist and leader in science.

probably enzymes maturing in the food
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
The ancient Hunzans ate cultivated plants included barley, millet, wheat, buckwheat, turnips, carrots, dried beans, peas, pumpkins, melons, onions, garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, apricots, mulberries, walnuts, almonds, apples, plums, peaches, cherries, pears, and pomegranates.

They have some of the longest living people in history says something for vegan. Garlic, onions and cabbage are particulary good for the heart.