Author Topic: Yankees Cleveland thread  (Read 4691 times)

body88

Yankees Cleveland thread
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »
Last night was a close one. Tough loss , Andy looked great. Indians are a great team.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Yankees Cleveland thread
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
I had confidence they would beat the yanks,not so sure about Boston.but I hope tribe goes all the way
DAWG

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:13 AM »
I had confidence they would beat the yanks,not so sure about Boston.but I hope tribe goes all the way

Just a good, solid, young baseball team. Cleveland has banged with the big boys and come out on top. Nice hitting, good solid base running and great pitching. CC will be MUCH better his next start. The jitters will be gone. He is a beast.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
CC is a monster but he needs to keep his weight down. Way too heavy at 290-300lbs, which can make him more vulnerable to injuries as he gets older.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »
If they're swept, it'll literally be the bronx zoo..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »
andy did what he does best for the yanks,big time pitcher.dosen't fold like moose,johnson...they never get the big hit in the close playoff games anymore.extra innings there done like 4-10 this year,after 11 innings its usually a loss  :-\,they cannot improve anymore with payroll it;s not working ,it's not 04 and under anymore,young talent with good veterans win,there starting to get it now,if they bow out early at least next yr the pieces are there.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:42:47 PM »
CC is a monster but he needs to keep his weight down. Way too heavy at 290-300lbs, which can make him more vulnerable to injuries as he gets older.

so...you root for the baltimore orioles to?
DAWG

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:05:40 AM »
That was a big relief ;D
I wish Torre only used Joba for 1 inning so he could pitch tonight if needed.
Hey Bod,that Damon guy sure has game in the playoffs huh ;)

body88

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 08:07:39 AM »
That was a big relief ;D
I wish Torre only used Joba for 1 inning so he could pitch tonight if needed.
Hey Bod,that Damon guy sure has game in the playoffs huh ;)

He aint bad. You should see Manny, Ortiz, Becket and Schill postseason  ;) I hope to god the Yankees play Boston in the ALCS. It would not feel right if the two did not battle it out.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
He aint bad. You should see Manny, Ortiz, Becket and Schill postseason  ;) I hope to god the Yankees play Boston in the ALCS. It would not feel right if the two did not battle it out.

I knew the Angels were in big trouble with Vlad and Matthew hurt but I was at least hoping for a long series :-\

body88

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 09:46:42 AM »

I knew the Angels were in big trouble with Vlad and Matthew hurt but I was at least hoping for a long series :-\

Vlad played. Every team has injury's my friend. Ortiz tore it up this year with a torn meniscus and screwed up shoulder. Imagine if he was healthy? Manny just came back from missing 24 games with a strained oblique. Both guys are tearing it up in the postseason. What Ortiz is doing with the injuries shows how good the guy is. The sox simply dominated the halo's.

Yankees would provide a great challenge for the red sox. Resting Manning and co was a great decision. All the pundits saying it was and excuse need not look further then the way Manny, Ortiz , Youk and other's are swinging the bat. Although that talk went out the window when the sox finished the season with the best record in baseball and won the AL east.

I hope to see a sox yanks series for the ALCS. Yankees have all the tools to come back and get a few w's to move on.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »

yea lets see the best teams that money can buy fight it out :-\
DAWG

body88

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 10:40:41 AM »
yea lets see the best teams that money can buy fight it out :-\

It is not Boston nor New Yorks fault they are big market teams. People are sports crazy in these areas. Especially for baseball. Boston and New York have been around since it all started. It is scary to think the Yankees outspend the sox by tens of millions still.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »
It is not Boston nor New Yorks fault they are big market teams. People are sports crazy in these areas. Especially for baseball. Boston and New York have been around since it all started. It is scary to think the Yankees outspend the sox by tens of millions still.

whats scary is the tribe is holding there own with these teams.Bostons payroll doubles the tribe and yanks almost triple it.
DAWG

body88

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 12:06:48 PM »
whats scary is the tribe is holding there own with these teams.Bostons payroll doubles the tribe and yanks almost triple it.

They are a great baseball team no doubt. The sox and Yankees took note of thre smaller teams doing it through the farm and revamped there own farm systems. Most of the future players on both teams are off the farm. Ellsbury , Clay B, Hughes etc etc.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »
INDIANS, FCVK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
follow the arrows

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »
Had a good time talking to you guys.  Good luck with your team.
Y

body88

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
Yankees get bounced!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
Joe Borowski is the epitome of the heart attack closer. The dude lead the league in saves yet had an ERA over 5, that's just incredible.

body88

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 09:27:52 PM »
Joe Borowski is the epitome of the heart attack closer. The dude lead the league in saves yet had an ERA over 5, that's just incredible.

Indians clearly the better team.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
Yes, they were. The Indians are a great team and the ALCS is going to be a battle. Carmona is pretty much unhittable when he's on.

body88

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »
Yes, they were. The Indians are a great team and the ALCS is going to be a battle. Carmona is pretty much unhittable when he's on.

I agree. Great young baseball team. I was hoping to see the sox beat the yankees. Oh well to bad so sad  ;D

body88

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »
B fury you know nothing about sports. I delete you posts because you are banned from this board for constant trolling and baseless attacks. Read the rules. You had more chances then you should have.

I am a passionate sports fan. If people would like to see certain topics they should start them. It is not my responsibility to post other peoples material for them. There is plenty of diversity on this board. I (as does everyone else) have the right to talk about my favoritie sports team without constant flaming and argument driven posts.

You have proven time after time your main focus on this board is to stir the pot. Every thread you post is inflammatory. You are not being "censored" because you no longer can have your daily troll threads which serve no purpose other then to start an argument.

People like grape ape are great fans. You are just here to act like a 10 year old.

Hit the bricks troll.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 02:59:50 AM »
one highly over paid team down.one to go.
DAWG

body88

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 04:38:29 AM »
one highly over paid team down.one to go.

I think the sox may give you more of a series. Although I think cc will be lights out the second time around. Cy Young vs Cy Young in game one.