Author Topic: Sylvia to leave UFC?  (Read 1594 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Sylvia to leave UFC?
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:15:15 AM »
"I have one fight left on my contract i want to stay with the UFC but i am going to go were the money is right now Brock is making more money then me that has to change I have a better name then him and i am a better fighter then him, in case you didn’t know my manager runs m1 so I have a pretty good in so we will see what happens in the next few months."

::)

If people wanna see Brock more than Sylvia, for whatever reason, then Brock is gonna get the bigger check. That simple.

Sylvia earned $160,000 total for his fight. ($100,000 for the fight, $60,000 for fight of the night) I doubt he will make that kinda money anywhere else.

What a moron. He doesn't have the fanbase. He doesn't have the title. He didn't win his fight. And he thinks this is a great opportunity to try to blackmail Zuffa!  ::)

Z

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Sylvia to leave UFC?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:46:13 AM »
"I have one fight left on my contract i want to stay with the UFC but i am going to go were the money is right now Brock is making more money then me that has to change I have a better name then him and i am a better fighter then him, in case you didn’t know my manager runs m1 so I have a pretty good in so we will see what happens in the next few months."

If people wanna see Brock more than Sylvia, for whatever reason, then Brock is gonna get the bigger check. That simple.

Sylvia earned $160,000 total for his fight. ($100,000 for the fight, $60,000 for fight of the night) I doubt he will make that kinda money anywhere else.

What a moron. He doesn't have the fanbase. He doesn't have the title. He didn't win his fight. And he thinks this is a great opportunity to try to blackmail Zuffa!  ::)

All the UFC fans will morn the loss of Frankenstein's chicken legged monster, Tim Sylvia.  If he joins M1 he can start juicing again.
I think other organization would be eager to have him considering he was UFC champion but your right he has absolutely no fan base and I would not and other UFC fans I know would not go out of their way to see him fight.  He is a terrible headliner for any organization.
A

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:41 AM »
I'll be ok if I never have to see the guy fight again

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »

All the UFC fans will morn the loss of the Frankenstein's chicken legged monster, Tim Sylvia.  If you can join M1 he can start juicing again.
I think other organization would be eager to have him considering he was UFC champion but your right he has absolutely no fan base and I would not and other UFC fans I know would not go out of their way to see him fight.  He is a terrible headliner for any organization.

yeah. he's not in a position to start making demands. $100,000 isnt a bad payday for him. and that fight of the night (with $60,000 that payout has never been higher) is just a pretty nice bonus... it's debatable if it WAS fight of the night to begin with...
the only legitimate way for him to get a higher pay was WINNING the fight and getting the title... then he can talk.

"hey zuffa! i just got SUBMITTED, how about paying me more?!"  ::)
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
I don't think tim's style is suited for the ring as (opposed to the cage).....in a ring he's probably gonna find himself on his back a lot more often.......

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:39:53 AM »
I don't think tim's style is suited for the ring as (opposed to the cage).....in a ring he's probably gonna find himself on his back a lot more often.......

maybe even fall out of it...  :-\
Z

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 07:53:14 PM »
i dont think m1 will sign such a shit fighter like sylvia. if he couldnt defeat a nogs out of shape and of the steroids how is he going to beat any in m1

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »
i dont think m1 will sign such a shit fighter like sylvia. if he couldnt defeat a nogs out of shape and of the steroids how is he going to beat any in m1

He will just go back to juicing like he did before he got pinched.  Watch some of his earlier fights, there is a huge difference in his physique.
A

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 06:14:26 AM »
i would love to see sylvia leave the ufc...send his punk ass over to m1 or whatever and feed him to fedor

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
if tim leaves the ufc he fades into oblivion.

guy doesn't understand that pro fighting is all about entertainment. if you got nothing to sell, you don't dra flies no matter how good you think you are.

real or not, brock has a huge fan base. he has the physique, the attitude and, as uncharismatic as brock may be, he has way more charisma than tim.

oh, and unfortunately for time he looks like down syndrome mutant love child of his brother and sister.

sorry tim, anyway you look at it, you suck.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 02:07:29 AM »
This again reminds me why nobody can stand Sylvia.

If he wants a lil extra cash, Dana should offer him a job of being a bouncer at the UFC shows.
$

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 07:05:03 AM »
hes just a big clumsy clown shoe girl who aint as good as he thinks. If he goes to M1 he will get owned by Fedor its that simple. His manager is Monte Cox who happens to be M1s president so dont be surprised if he gets in there.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 07:44:41 AM »

The first claim is laughable. That's not even debatable.

The second is actually IMO questionable.

Brock Lesnar gets owned by the Frank Mir's of UFC, but I don't see Tim Sylvia taking down Brock and breaking his arm.

...you know, Sylvia is usually the guy getting his neck cranked or arm broken. His strength is in the standup, and I doubt he would be able to hold off a tank like Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar vs Sylvia would be awesome to watch, and I predict Lesnar to absolutely destroy that fcuking Ogre. ;D

(And I don't even like Lesnar all that much)
As empty as paradise

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 07:47:54 AM »
UFC made a mistake to match Lesnar with Mir. They should've put him up against someone with as little submission skills as he has. Then it would've been all stand up or gnp!
Z

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 08:02:05 AM »
UFC made a mistake to match Lesnar with Mir. They should've put him up against someone with as little submission skills as he has. Then it would've been all stand up or gnp!

very true