Author Topic: Need help getting shredded  (Read 12438 times)

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Muscle!!! Get It!!!! GetBig!!!!
Need help getting shredded
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
I need help getting into low single digit bodyfat levels  :(
I'm lean but have never been shredded
my body just holds on to the fat when it gets down to a certain low bodyfat and I get stuck
any suggestions?
help would be greatly appreciated

ironjoe

• Getbig III
Re: Need help getting shredded
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:41:55 AM »
Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.  Cut all sugar.  Hope this helps.  Peace.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »
I need help getting into low single digit bodyfat levels  :(
I'm lean but have never been shredded
my body just holds on to the fat when it gets down to a certain low bodyfat and I get stuck
any suggestions?
help would be greatly appreciated

getting stuck at what caloric intake?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
The old school way of getting lean is low carbs, now people do crazy things and more bodybuilders nowadays are going no carbs, NO CARBS means NO CARBS, with the exception of greens such as brocoli and esparagus, Dennis James and Toney Freeman both claimed no carbs for the last Olympia. I mean if you really want to get shredded this will get you there and with this type of diet their is no plateau, the body will always respond, Now it depends how bad you want it and your will power. Good luck.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »
very ignorant man. This doesn'y apply to us because we take proper measures to make sure we don't lose any muscle. He is referring to people who eat 2-3 meals per day and get an average of 40-50 grams of protein per day, even with the worst genetics your body wouldn't give up 30 % of its muscle. As for his comment at the end saying people actually get fatter is outrageous and plan stupid.
Now to take good measures so no muscle is lost, take in protein consistantly throught the day at 2-4 hour intervals, and I believe BCAA can help prevent muscle loss as well, but even if a few pounds of muscle is lost and you achieve your required bodyfat levels its simply a small price to pay. This guy is just trying to stand out so of course this type of advise will get oppisition, and clearly more attention. Losing fat is incredibly simple in fact people make out to be rocket science but it really is grade 2 stuff. The problem isn't the foloowing instructions anyway, its being able to adapt to change.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:59:55 PM »
Losing fat is incredibly simple in fact people make out to be rocket science but it really is grade 2 stuff. The problem isn't the foloowing instructions anyway, its being able to adapt to change.

Yep..And that's it.

shit food is harder to kick than heroin.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
if a person only ate about 150 grams of protein a day around 600 calories would he get shredded very fast or look like an anorexic woman?  :-\

600 calories isn't enough.
E

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:11:47 PM »
1200 calories is the very least to go with if you take the recommended protein ratio.   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
if your gonna go lowest possible calorie (fastes possible fat loss)... i would recommend only eating lean protein and veggies for your entire caloric intake..  probably between 300-500grams protein per day depending on size and activity level.... a big pile of green leafy veggies at each meal...  that would be around 2000 cals per day.. but taking into account dietaqry thermogensis from the meats and veggies  its more like 1300 cals per day..

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »
if your gonna go lowest possible calorie (fastes possible fat loss)... i would recommend only eating lean protein and veggies for your entire caloric intake..  probably between 300-500grams protein per day depending on size and activity level.... a big pile of green leafy veggies at each meal...  that would be around 2000 cals per day.. but taking into account dietaqry thermogensis from the meats and veggies  its more like 1300 cals per day..

Oh brother.. ::)  WTF do you know...

;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
lmao its okay soemtimes i re-read my posts and i see why it seems like i think ima guru  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 09:20:34 PM »
if a person only ate about 150 grams of protein a day around 600 calories would he get shredded very fast or look like an anorexic woman?  :-\
Well he would get shredded really fast, but 150 may not be enough for the average hardcore lifter.
I also think he is talking about the average person who doesn't lift weights  :-\
how many calories grams of protein, carbs fat do you suggest?
if you don't mind
I typically will start my diet by cutting back all junk-desrts, snaks, pop, milk, fast foods and any greasy foods or foods with a lot of fats for 2 weeks then my style of diet is protein and vegetables for 3-4 days then I'll bring in about 250 grams of carbs (oatmeal, patatoes, rice, or yams,) per day for 2-3 days and I'll continue this for 4-6 weeks, so basically stagger my carbs, then I'll drop carbs days to 125 grams. Continue this for another 4-6 weeks. At this point I've lost 90% of required weight, so the last 10% is basically go all no carb days, and in the case I can't handle it, I'll bring 1 carb day just to keep sane :). I don't count green as carbs, so I'll eat 2-3 servings per day all the way through and my protein is consitant at 400-450 grams per day. No carb day I'll have some caffeine and some ephedrine to get through my training, my strengths don't even drop. Fats vary depending on the proetin source, but they are generally low, 20-40 grams. hope this helps. BTW right now I am at 2.5 % bodyfat 8)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »
lmao its okay soemtimes i re-read my posts and i see why it seems like i think ima guru  ;D

just fucking around dude.

Just to make it clear though I am straight.   ;D

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »
BTW right now I am at 2.5 % bodyfat 8)

pic?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »
lol homophobe dont worry i aint attracted to you

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 09:38:50 PM »
pic?
Scroll down the positive forum under ontimehard 6 weeks out, 3 pages , my latest pics is on page 3 of my legs, I think was 12 days ago, in that pic I am sitting at 4%, so now you'll have to wait till this Friday night before I take my water out, I'll post a pic, that way I'm fully carb loaded, and of course on sat. I'll post after pre-judgeing ;)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Scroll down the positive forum under ontimehard 6 weeks out, 3 pages , my latest pics is on page 3 of my legs, I think was 12 days ago, in that pic I am sitting at 4%, so now you'll have to wait till this Friday night before I take my water out, I'll post a pic, that way I'm fully carb loaded, and of course on sat. I'll post after pre-judgeing ;)

Wow.  You really will be shredded.  Great job.  Big time dedication.  I was expecting to see a Vince Goodrum definition of shredded...lol.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
Wow.  You really will be shredded.  Great job.  Big time dedication.  I was expecting to see a Vince Goodrum definition of shredded...lol.
lol, thanks man.

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »
thanks everybody for their input, it's very useful  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
u can get more help if u tell everyone what ur diet is like now, what type of cardio ur doing if any, and post a few pics. Then u could get lots of help :)

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
getting stuck at what caloric intake?
5500-6000 everyday  :D
I have always been able to eat a massive amount of food without gaining ANY fat
but it's hard losing it  :-\

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 12:36:37 AM »
u can get more help if u tell everyone what ur diet is like now, what type of cardio ur doing if any, and post a few pics. Then u could get lots of help :)
well, I eat 2800 cals (200g protein rest carbs)a day around for cutting, do about 45-1 hour of elliptical everyday
stuck at 11-12%  :-\

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »
5500-6000 everyday  :D
I have always been able to eat a massive amount of food without gaining ANY fat
but it's hard losing it  :-\

It's not rocket science, just make sure to get enough protein in and lower your daily calories until the desired rate of weight loss is reached. I went for aprox. 1lb/week on my current cut. I wouldn't go faster than 2lb/week.

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
It's not rocket science, just make sure to get enough protein in and lower your daily calories until the desired rate of weight loss is reached. I went for aprox. 1lb/week on my current cut. I wouldn't go faster than 2lb/week.
so eat 1500 cals a day for 3 pounds loss a week?   :-\
and get enough protein from that?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
so eat 1500 cals a day for 3 pounds loss a week?   :-\
and get enough protein from that?

You can certainly get enough protein from 1500 cals. But I don't think you should have to go that low. I did my cut on 2000cals. Why do you want to lose that fast?