Author Topic: Moving towards other things in life.....  (Read 8104 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Moving towards other things in life.....
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »
im sure many of you guys have gone through this,at one point one has to make a decesion about other priorities in life, for me i have come in to the terms that Gym is just "part" of my life,to be honest i love being an enthusiast and push myself for 90 minutes in the gym and try eating good.ill try my best to balance it out.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Moving towards other things in life.....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24:29 AM »
I came to this spot in my life when my daughter was born,  my priority now is being healthy and not being big.  I am a lot lighter nowadays but I want to be around for my grandkids someday.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »
This is a big positive, creating more dimensions to yourself by diversifying. The only thing is the transition to something new, that takes some effort to do and to figure out the best new arrangement. Might take some trial and error to get to the best new arrangement.

There's no reason that some of the better things from old can't be retained in the new lifestyle, if desired. Can still train in similar ways by using different splits, fitting things in when time allows and reducing volume but keeping the intensity high. I did that decades ago and still have good BB workouts in less time.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
This is a big positive, creating more dimensions to yourself by diversifying. The only thing is the transition to something new, that takes some effort to do and to figure out the best new arrangement. Might take some trial and error to get to the best new arrangement.

There's no reason that some of the better things from old can't be retained in the new lifestyle, if desired. Can still train in similar ways by using different splits, fitting things in when time allows and reducing volume but keeping the intensity high. I did that decades ago and still have good BB workouts in less time.
thanks pumpster, i was really gettin disapointed and frustated, felt like im going no where on this, from the past one year, i beleive now my eyes are opening up,but still i would love to do, wht really changed my life,

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »
You shouldn't stop man
That plastic trophy is staying waiting, you shall and will remain an iron brother for the rest of your life whether you like it or not.

Now stop posting and buy some vitargo

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
You shouldn't stop man
That plastic trophy is staying waiting, you shall and will remain an iron brother for the rest of your life whether you like it or not.

I love this !.... I was just having a conversation with some co-workers about why I am dieting and killing myself in the gym. It is hard for someone to understand I quess unless they have been up there. I finally just said, " but I have a chance to win a $15 plastic trophy !". The looks on their faces were priceless.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »
LOL about the trophy.......I workout for myself, not to compete, but it's always been about pushing myself to do what I couldn't do just a couple of weeks ago.
Now I've taken up a little strongman training for cardio and I really like it, it adds a different dimension to the workout and cardio itself.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
Money…
Trophies…
Girls…

It doesn’t matter much what your motives are.
So long as you enjoy it, it makes sense to keep at it.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 11:15:54 PM »
what i feel is there has to be a balance in life,,, i still love pushing myself but at this point i want to set somewhere as per my qualification ,average guy/girl will never understand the typical bodybuilding lifestyle, of course its a money game,  ;)

im still there brothers,,,,,,i wont die without a fight :P

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 11:24:06 PM »
dont want to complain much, with some nagging injuries, i feel burned out,hanging it for a while wont do me harm but will mak me more stronger to be at it next time?what say :)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 11:25:18 PM »
You shouldn't stop man

good one bro

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
Can't be 22 forever.....life catches up.   I laugh now when I hear a young 20-somethin say, "I'll never stop training....I'll never give up bodybuilding."   Most eventually stop altogether.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 05:52:34 AM »
I came to this spot in my life when my daughter was born,  my priority now is being healthy and not being big.  I am a lot lighter nowadays but I want to be around for my grandkids someday.

Same here, no kids yet, but to me the bodybuilding lifestyle in the extreme is ruthless to the people you live with.

Diet makes you cook your own meals, training sets you apart from other's activities, and drugs ultimately make you a criminal and might ruin your health.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »
Same here, no kids yet, but to me the bodybuilding lifestyle in the extreme is ruthless to the people you live with.

Diet makes you cook your own meals, training sets you apart from other's activities, and drugs ultimately make you a criminal and might ruin your health.

QFT

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »

+1  - When my daughters where born, I would rather play with them at the end of my day vs. come home, cook / prepare meals for the next day ect...

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:26 AM »
Very cool reading this thread!  My first child is due on the 4th of May, will this mean the end of my gym career?  And will this be a good thing?
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »
Very cool reading this thread!  My first child is due on the 4th of May, will this mean the end of my gym career?  And will this be a good thing?

Congratulations!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 07:18:30 AM »
Solution=don't get married! Then no one can bitch at you for what you want to do, be lifting or whatever else...
I hate the State.

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »
Solution=don't get married! Then no one can bitch at you for what you want to do, be lifting or whatever else...

but then who will have your post workout meal ready to have when you get back from the gym, without someone there to cook for you, you will miss the valuable 45 minute window!
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

Well, and then no one will greet you when you come back from gym and say "Hi Darling, i have already prepared your whey shake for you! Have you done cardio today, because otherwise you could down that shake and then fuck me senseless this evening. I will get MY after cardio protein shake straight from the tap if you don't mind!"

;D ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 07:25:36 AM »
but then who will have your post workout meal ready to have when you get back from the gym, without someone there to cook for you, you will miss the valuable 45 minute window!

hahahah, epic thinking alike!  ;D ;D

smaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 07:26:16 AM »
hahahah, epic thinking alike!  ;D ;D

guess we're both happily married  ;D
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 07:31:14 AM »
guess we're both happily married  ;D

hehe, looks like it.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
Just a guess that most married people are unhappily married.

I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
Just a guess that most married people are unhappily married.

You have an obsession with marriage. If you don't want to get married, just don't get married.

But where is the point to be NOT married and NOT wanting to get married and constantly saying how shitty it is? If you had 3 divorces on your count, i would say ok, but like this?

The best thing is that i would say you are really deep inside of you wishing for a nice woman to support you and comfort you, a woman you can rely on that would be by your side like only a wife can be.
Being married definitly makes a difference, and although i would agree with you that many people are unhappily married i wuold say that marriage makes a great relationship even better.
Btw, i think that most of the people are in unhappy relationships, that's because their ego is too big to really be close to someone.