Author Topic: Moving towards other things in life.....  (Read 8105 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Moving towards other things in life.....
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »
You have an obsession with marriage. If you don't want to get married, just don't get married.

But where is the point to be NOT married and NOT wanting to get married and constantly saying how shitty it is? If you had 3 divorces on your count, i would say ok, but like this?

The best thing is that i would say you are really deep inside of you wishing for a nice woman to support you and comfort you, a woman you can rely on that would be by your side like only a wife can be.
Being married definitly makes a difference, and although i would agree with you that many people are unhappily married i wuold say that marriage makes a great relationship even better.
Btw, i think that most of the people are in unhappy relationships, that's because their ego is too big to really be close to someone.

I believe in relying on anyone but myself, anything else is a delusional fantasy. At the end of the day all you have is yourself, nothing to do with ego but even people you trusted can do a turn around all of a sudden, got to watch your own back, no one else will do it for you.

Marriage is just a tax benefit, a silly capitulation to the state.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 02:22:06 AM »
I believe in relying on anyone but myself, anything else is a delusional fantasy. At the end of the day all you have is yourself, nothing to do with ego but even people you trusted can do a turn around all of a sudden, got to watch your own back, no one else will do it for you.

Marriage is just a tax benefit, a silly capitulation to the state.

You must live a sad and lonely life.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 02:26:19 AM »
You must live a sad and lonely life.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Maybe, but no one is going to stab me in the back. Being married is a perfect way to have that happen.

And just because you are not married doesn't mean you don't have friends. Bunch of 'former' friends of mine got married and forgot everything else. Marriage, destroying lives, finances and friendships...
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 02:31:46 AM »
Maybe, but no one is going to stab me in the back. Being married is a perfect way to have that happen.

And just because you are not married doesn't mean you don't have friends. Bunch of 'former' friends of mine got married and forgot everything else. Marriage, destroying lives, finances and friendships...

I really don't understand you.....

I am married and happy, i have friends, being married was very good for my financial situation, i have "earned" a new family...

My parents in law treat me like their own son, and especially my father in law is a person i would trust with everything. I have got new brothers thanks to my marriage.

You know, the higher the mountain, the lower the valley they say. But you can't get to these highs without the risk of falling very deep. But that isn't a reason for me to not try and climb the mountain. You keep on living in the valley, surrounded by mountains never able to see the nice landscape and what's beyond the mountains just because you are afraid to fall down.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 02:43:17 AM »
I really don't understand you.....

I am married and happy, i have friends, being married was very good for my financial situation, i have "earned" a new family...

My parents in law treat me like their own son, and especially my father in law is a person i would trust with everything. I have got new brothers thanks to my marriage.

You know, the higher the mountain, the lower the valley they say. But you can't get to these highs without the risk of falling very deep. But that isn't a reason for me to not try and climb the mountain. You keep on living in the valley, surrounded by mountains never able to see the nice landscape and what's beyond the mountains just because you are afraid to fall down.

Eventuell hast du einfach Glueck gehabt, denn die grosse Mehrheit von Menschen findet sowas nicht. Die meisten von meinen verheirateten Bekannten sind elend, gestresst und wuenschen sich die guten, alten Tage des Soloseins zurueck. Du bist ganz einfach die grosse Ausnahme; Ausnahmen bestaetigen die Regel.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »
Eventuell hast du einfach Glueck gehabt, denn die grosse Mehrheit von Menschen findet sowas nicht. Die meisten von meinen verheirateten Bekannten sind elend, gestresst und wuenschen sich die guten, alten Tage des Soloseins zurueck. Du bist ganz einfach die grosse Ausnahme; Ausnahmen bestaetigen die Regel.

Kann sein, aber ich kenne noch einige andere Paare, die wirklich glücklich verheiratet sind...

Viele Menschen machen sich einfach die falschen Vorstellungen von einer Ehe. Eine Ehe macht ja nich taus einer normalen Beziehung ein Paradies auf Erden.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 03:19:33 AM »
Kann sein, aber ich kenne noch einige andere Paare, die wirklich glücklich verheiratet sind...

Viele Menschen machen sich einfach die falschen Vorstellungen von einer Ehe. Eine Ehe macht ja nich taus einer normalen Beziehung ein Paradies auf Erden.

ZODW!
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 03:32:47 AM »
ZODW!

Seriously, i know some guys that got married as their relationship was about to break up.  ::) ::)

THey thought it would all be better if they got married. Another bog mistake is to get married because you want to make the partner yours.  :-X :-X

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 03:38:25 AM »
Seriously, i know some guys that got married as their relationship was about to break up.  ::) ::)

THey thought it would all be better if they got married. Another bog mistake is to get married because you want to make the partner yours.  :-X :-X

Well...practically I have a friend who really loved his gf but just didn't want to get married and she kept on noergelning him but he kept on saying no so even though everything was quite good in the relationship they ended up breaking up.
I hate the State.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 03:45:30 AM »
Well...practically I have a friend who really loved his gf but just didn't want to get married and she kept on noergelning him but he kept on saying no so even though everything was quite good in the relationship they ended up breaking up.

That's a good example of two people being too selfish and egoistic. They were both wrong.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 05:20:35 AM »
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 05:22:52 AM »
???

It's a german speciality. German females can do this perfectly. It's the most annoying thing on earth.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
Can't be 22 forever.....life catches up.   I laugh now when I hear a young 20-somethin say, "I'll never stop training....I'll never give up bodybuilding."   Most eventually stop altogether.

Very true.  Many reach a point in life where they have to make a real living from having a real job. Thinking you got it made making 25K living with mom doesn't cut it when you get older. Getting up for a real job at 4:30AM and coming home at 7 PM puts a damper on training ambitions.  I see all the personal trainers in the gym and most of them are in their twenties.  Show me your in great shape without drugs when you're 50 and I'll listen to what you have to say about training.  It's all to easy to be in shape at 22.

I have been training my whole adult life.  Whether it's weights and or cardio training.  I just took a week off lifting.  Yesterday I ran a hard 5 miler and today a 3 mile run.  Monday it's back to lifting.  When you get to my age you will find very few guys that do anything physical.  Many of the high school and college athletes look like they never did anything physical in their life when they get over 45. 

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »
Very true.  Many reach a point in life where they have to make a real living from having a real job. Thinking you got it made making 25K living with mom doesn't cut it when you get older. Getting up for a real job at 4:30AM and coming home at 7 PM puts a damper on training ambitions.  I see all the personal trainers in the gym and most of them are in their twenties.  Show me your in great shape without drugs when you're 50 and I'll listen to what you have to say about training.  It's all to easy to be in shape at 22.

I have been training my whole adult life.  Whether it's weights and or cardio training.  I just took a week off lifting.  Yesterday I ran a hard 5 miler and today a 3 mile run.  Monday it's back to lifting.  When you get to my age you will find very few guys that do anything physical.  Many of the high school and college athletes look like they never did anything physical in their life when they get over 45. 

True, supporting a family with kids is very tough. When I went to my 10yr HS Reunion I'd say about 70% of the dudes were balding and had guts..sucks for them.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »
What is important to you?

3 years ago weight lifting and diet were my main priority.

Today, i'm just happy to feel the iron 3-4 days a week and lift weights half as heavy as i used to. my priority is now my business and then my girlfriend/family, with the gym coming in behind all of that. i still eat great, mainly because my girl cooks so well for me and i am still in a healthy eating mode. i lifted weights for about 10 years before i took a step back and realized there are better things in life than bodybuilding/powerlifting. i was self absorbed just like many and i only worried about myself, my diet, my training, my cycle and my resting periods. i look back and laugh sometimes but bodybuilding taught me how to be strict on myself and made me a more goal focused individual.

As far as marriage is concerned, it is NOT for everyone and i don't think anyone should get married just "because society says so". i think many people believe that they HAVE to get married but that is not true, i know many 40 year old single men who still train 5-6 days a week, but yet they still want more out of life.

One day you will meet someone who changes your perception on what "marriage" is all about. it's not about sharing bank accounts and tax breaks, it's about caring and support for someone you would give your life for, if you don't understand that and cannot comprehend that statement, then you should never even waste your time dating IMO.

People who are always alone usually lead very boring/depressing lives, at least from what i have seen.

8)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
Nice post !! overload , even i really liked your story in the steroid board,there are some priorities in my life i have to take care of, stepping down a lil wont do any harm, like everyone of us everybody is bitten by the iron bug, :)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 01:45:23 AM »

One day you will meet someone who changes your perception on what "marriage" is all about. it's not about sharing bank accounts and tax breaks, it's about caring and support for someone you would give your life for, if you don't understand that and cannot comprehend that statement, then you should never even waste your time dating IMO.

8)

qft.
unless you're sure, don't do it, when it's right, you'll know.

It hasn't helped...

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »
I think you can do both. The secret is......  balance. If you insist on training 4 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, eating 600 grams of protein every day and doing 4 grams of steroids a week, then no, it isn't going to be a long time activity...  but NONE of  that is necessary. Neither is working 60 or 70 hours a week so you can buy stuff you don't really need or support an overly materialistic wife's shopping obsessions.  Balance.  Train hard a few days a week for an hour or 2. Use only what you need to achieve your goals. Eat more sanely. Work a job you love, but after 8 or so hours, go to the gym, then go home. Its not THAT hard. Just takes some thought. My two cents.

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »
when it's time, it's time, just got this from my coach:

Dear Club Members,

I am writing  to inform all of you that effective immediately I am stepping down from my coaching responsibilities with the [...] Weightlifting Club.  My family responsibilities have grown and I want to spend more time at home.  However, I will remain connected with the club by maintaining my status as faculty advisor as well as assisting coaches with program design.  You can't rid of me that easily!

This was definitely a tough decision.  As most of you probably know weightlifting is not only my passion but my obsession!  It is not a question of if but when I return to coaching with the club.  Most likely when the children get a bit older, I will begin bringing (brainwashing!) them to practice.  Until then....

[...] will continue on in his role as coach [...]

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:30 AM »

Man I was having a great time reading your conversation. You guys Ruined it. Can someone pls translate this for me.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »

Man I was having a great time reading your conversation. You guys Ruined it. Can someone pls translate this for me.

Sorry.

I said i know quite a few couples that are happily married.

Some people just have the wrong ideas about marriage, a marriage doesn't make a paradise on earth out of a normal everyday relationship.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 02:30:04 AM »
Sorry.

I said i know quite a few couples that are happily married.

Some people just have the wrong ideas about marriage, a marriage doesn't make a paradise on earth out of a normal everyday relationship.

I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 02:36:50 AM »
im sure many of you guys have gone through this,at one point one has to make a decesion about other priorities in life, for me i have come in to the terms that Gym is just "part" of my life,to be honest i love being an enthusiast and push myself for 90 minutes in the gym and try eating good.ill try my best to balance it out.

Most people that pumps "to get HOOGE" should try out other sports as well in Debussey's opinion. For example, learning some form of effective martial art = great.

A lot of guys wanna beef up to get respect and learn how to handle themselves, but they are often unaware of how easily a real good fighter can drop them like a sack of potatoes.

Weights + other sport for a while = great. One can always return to the "hooge" thingn afterwards.