Author Topic: Need some advice Lee  (Read 5539 times)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Need some advice Lee
« on: January 21, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »
Lee can u please tell me how many cheat meals you recommend when dieting? 

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Need some advice Lee
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 10:22:23 PM »
OK heres the thing in cheat meals--- and this is how lee works it,

When Dieting and on a consistant calorie intake the body adapts to this consistency after about 6-8 days, thus the metabolic rate slows, so in order to "kick start the metabolic rate back up you can do one of two things:-
1)You can either dramatical cut your calories which causes a metabolic shift or
2)You can dramatical increase your calories  which also causes a metabolic swing
    One is not the preferred option as theoretically you should be already in a negative caloric state to be burning fat for energy-- and dropping Cal's even more would just eventuate in muscle loss !!
    Two on the other hand is the far better option for it speeds the metabolic rate up higher for longer due to the increased glycogen storage which ifs fuel for the metabolic  system and you don't suffer muscle loss !!!
    The trick here is to make sure you really over eat on your cheat day to force the body to speed its rate dramatically to compensate for the huge influx of Cal's:-

Example --- Lee eats around 3400 Cal's per day whilst dieting getting down to around 2900 at his lowest----- so on his cheat day he would aim for at least 6-8000 Cal's min to force the metabolic enhancement.
Now trying to eat 8000 Cal's in clean food is  pretty damm hard so junk food does come into play but he always has his first and last meal according to plan , and he also keeps a large protein intake in as well, so he Cheats from around 10 am to 8pm at night .

This is a very effective way to enhance your metabolism and some of you might have done this with out knowing, lets say you watch what you eat all week and then an Sun day you grab a burger and a pizza cause you just cant be screwed with rice and chicken any more , then on Monday morn you wake up starving !!! thats a metabolic shift !!!

As lee gets closer to a show (4-3 weeks out) the cheats come down to one meal and with in this meal around 3000 Cal's are consumed---- then last week it is all clean , !!!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:58:13 AM »
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.  One question, how come Lee doesn't respond to me?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:53 AM »
He,s busy dieting and traveling around dragracing as the drag season has just started--- nothing personal to any one !!!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 03:17:06 AM »
How do you know him so well?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »
He owes me millions of dollars so I like to keep a eye on every move he makes !!!!

gary67

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 12:57:18 PM »
hi marc, what kind of cheat meals does lee eat to make up that difference in calories?  can you give us examples of what cheat foods he eats.   thanks  marc

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 01:09:30 PM »
we will go to propably 2 restaurants on a cheat day(usually a sunday)and there he will order a starter,main (usually steak)and desert----but also through out the day he will eat Doughnuts(if the hot sign is on at Krisppy Cream), Burgers , KFC and usually icecream and some chocolate bar is in there some where.

But remember meal one and his last meal is always clean, and he still takes his supplements as per normal.

Lee knows his away around city's via the locations of restaurants, his memory of restaurants and what they serve is quite amazing realy---- bordering on a dinning out disorder one could say !!!

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 02:27:57 PM »
HRDCOR...great answer man,,thats exactly right..Good Job

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »
we will go to propably 2 restaurants on a cheat day(usually a sunday)and there he will order a starter,main (usually steak)and desert----but also through out the day he will eat Doughnuts(if the hot sign is on at Krisppy Cream), Burgers , KFC and usually icecream and some chocolate bar is in there some where.

But remember meal one and his last meal is always clean, and he still takes his supplements as per normal.

Lee knows his away around city's via the locations of restaurants, his memory of restaurants and what they serve is quite amazing realy---- bordering on a dinning out disorder one could say !!!

So, eating that much junk food on a cheat won't make your fall behind too much?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 06:20:30 PM »
So, eating that much junk food on a cheat won't make your fall behind too much?
I think how much you can get away with is relative to the individual, it's another one of those things where everyone is different. For instance, I couldn't get away with that much cheat food in a day while dieting, but then again I'm not Lee, our bodies don't react the same. For myself, when dieting, cheat day is usually on Saturday and consist mainly of just more of the same foods I already am eating, i.e. extra oats, extra rice, etc. I know pretty exciting. But I will also add in 1 meal that is pretty much whatever I want, for some reason a lot of the time I crave Mexican for that meal. I'll do this 1x wk through diet, but the first couple of wks I stay clean the whole time, this helps me get into the groove of dieting a little better. And then the last 4 wks of diet I get a little stricter, and by the end there are no cheat meals.

That aside I'll add this, not only is cheating, be it 1 meal a wk or 1 day a wk, a good way to keep your metabolism reved up, it is also helpful in maintaining sanity.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 07:37:17 PM »
Good answer arnold jr, you took my post away !!! :D

Jake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »
Hey HRDCOR

first off thanks for giving us some info on Lee.

Now that you covered his routine for cheat meals during diet I would like to ask you how
long does it takes him to get contest ready? what does his cardio routine thru out the diet look like? If you could outline a
a normal day of his food intake and supplementation it would be great.
What would you estimate his body fat % to be before he starts his prep. I really hope he kicks ass this year both in bodybuilding
and in racing. Best of luck with every challenge you have Lee, and HRDCOR thanks again for letting us get a glimse into the world of Lee Priest.

Peace
Jake