Author Topic: Can anyone name the 12 pros who defected over to McMahon's WBF?  (Read 7840 times)

ChinoXL

Re: Can anyone name the 12 pros who defected over to McMahon's WBF?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 08:37:40 PM »
You are a sailor and a gentleman, ChinoXL

Fixed, but thanks just da same.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Bodybuilding Pro.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 08:49:41 PM »
WTF?!  ??? ??? ???

Yeah that's pretty weird, huh?  I still can't figure this moose clown out.  What a tool.

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 08:51:03 PM »
 Aaron Baker, Mike Christian, Vince Comerford, David Dearth, Berry DeMey, Johnnie Morant, Danny Padilla, Tony Pearson, Jim Quinn, Mike Quinn, Eddie Robinson, Gary Strydom, and Troy Zuccolotto.

Moosejay

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »
Whoa, calm down there, cupcake.  I'm not the one going around bragging about being "wealthy" ::)

Yeah, true. But you are never serious and call others crude names. Calling me a quack or whatever...friend, do you not expect retorts?

Mike

Moosejay

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
WTF?!  ??? ??? ???

Yes....a monolithic tragedy....spelled a word wrong...add something postive, Matt C...you have shown yourself as an intelligent one in the past.

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
Yeah that's pretty weird, huh?  I still can't figure this moose clown out.  What a tool.

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »
Aaron Baker, Mike Christian, Vince Comerford, David Dearth, Berry DeMey, Johnnie Morant, Danny Padilla, Tony Pearson, Jim Quinn, Mike Quinn, Eddie Robinson, Gary Strydom, and Troy Zuccolotto.

Right...that makes 13, which is the correct number. Very good!

Mike

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Yeah, true. But you are never serious and call others crude names. Calling me a quack or whatever...friend, do you not expect retorts?

Mike

I've tried to be civil with you, I really have.  But you insist on insulting me and my bros on here, so what should I do, sit back and take it? ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »
I've tried to be civil with you, I really have.  But you insist on insulting me and my bros on here, so what should I do, sit back and take it? ::)

I will truce with you guys....although I am not given to insulting anyone unless provoked.

I am an old man...please have lenience on me :)

Mike

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 04:14:43 AM »

I got both shows on VHS (ordered them on pay-per view if i remember correctly)
also got the magazines (WBF) and watched all the tv shows back in the day (WBF body stars?)

Moosejay

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 04:27:49 AM »
I got both shows on VHS (ordered them on pay-per view if i remember correctly)
also got the magazines (WBF) and watched all the tv shows back in the day (WBF body stars?)

Mike...for the second show, do the videos show how bad most of them looked because they had to get off the sauce?

Mike

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 04:28:46 AM »
Mike...for the second show, do the videos show how bad most of them looked because they had to get off the sauce?

Mike
Yes and the videos are on youtube somewhere.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 04:35:05 AM »

He has a terminal disease, so keep cool, "Panda-e-monium".

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:59 AM »

Mike

im sorry to say..................... ..yes

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:26 AM »
Mike says he might be competing in May this year!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 04:47:55 AM »
im sorry to say..................... ..yes

And that second show of the guys off the sauce was horrible.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 04:51:29 AM »
Gary Strydom still looked good in that second show (1992) ,1991 was the first show i believe
Strydom was just about the only one who did look good

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:35 AM »
even there magazine sucked but it actually was probably one of the first magazines to show the bbers pale and smooth and in most cases offseason condition,probably due to the fact they had no other pics to use because they were now vinces boys.and getting acess to musclemag or flex pics was a no/no.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 07:58:17 AM »
ferrigno actually signed a contract and then backed out......
actually he tried to get 20 bucks from the photographer who was shooting the press release picture for a magazine and got mad and quit when he wouldn't pay it.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »
The first show, the top 5 guys all looked good, Strydom, Christian, DeMay, Jim Quinn and Ed Robinson-I think that was the top 5.  Ferrigno signed and it was big news in BB.  McMahon got busted for roids and decided the next WBF show would be tested I guess at the meeting where he announced it Strydom stood up and said he wasn't afraid and was still gonna win or something like that.  Ferrigno bailed and the show went on.  Second show Strydom, Jim Quinn and Demay looked pretty good, Dave Dearth and Aaron Baker looked really good.  Christian fell waaay off but I think he had problems with coke at that time.  The rest of the guys fell off as well.

I heard that wieder told alot of the mags a the time that if they covered the WBF's second show that they would not be allowed into IFBB shows afterwards so that didn't help matters.....
nasser=piece of shit

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
Correct...he thought the forthcoming Master's O was tailor-made for him. Robby showed him otherwise.

Mike

This is incorrect. Ferrigno signed a contract late '91, and then backed out in '92 when the drug testing hammer dropped. This allowed him to compete in the '92 Olympia where he placed 12th. He again competed in the '93 Olympia with a gift 10th placing. He didn't compete in (and lose) the Master's Olympia until 1994.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 09:08:17 AM »
This is incorrect. Ferrigno signed a contract late '91, and then backed out in '92 when the drug testing hammer dropped. This allowed him to compete in the '92 Olympia where he placed 12th. He again competed in the '93 Olympia with a gift 10th placing. He didn't compete in (and lose) the Master's Olympia until 1994.

lou didn't look as good in that first masters O as he had in his previous 2 olympia outings plus he had those awsoem looking calf implants that probably didn't help matters. 
nasser=piece of shit

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »
the second wbf show was the most stringently tested pro bbing show ever, yet strydom somehow beat the test...

i remember seeing some pics from lonnie's column in muscle mag of strydom actually off the sauce (having a break post wbf going defunct) and i couldn't believe my eyes. he looked like a skinny version of average joe walking down the street. seriously, nothing was there to even hint that he was a bber, never mind a pro bber.

i've got to give him credit though. he took a few pics at golds with him and his skinny (not even toned) arm doing a concentration curl with a 10lb dumbell.

when uncle schmoe gave him the green light to compete in the ifbb again, he started training with cormier and mcclinton and literally blew up to his former self within weeks.

i guess those pics pretty well convinced me that he used a few more supplements than the icopro that fred hatfield was pushing through the wbf at the time.

lugar, jim quinn and aaron baker also looked 'on' in that second contest.

very bad luck for the ifbb defectors because the feds were absolutely annihilating mcmahon and the wwf at the time and, as usual, the bbing show became the sacrificial lamb.

am i the only one who thinks that jew weider's very powerful supplement empire had something to do with the sudden interest in mcmahon???

seeing the pdi collapse almost as soon as it started brought back memories and i would like to point out here that none of those 13 came close to reaching their former glory attained in the ifbb. can anyone say, 'lee priest'?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
the second wbf show was the most stringently tested pro bbing show ever, yet strydom somehow beat the test...

i remember seeing some pics from lonnie's column in muscle mag of strydom actually off the sauce (having a break post wbf going defunct) and i couldn't believe my eyes. he looked like a skinny version of average joe walking down the street. seriously, nothing was there to even hint that he was a bber, never mind a pro bber.

i've got to give him credit though. he took a few pics at golds with him and his skinny (not even toned) arm doing a concentration curl with a 10lb dumbell.

when uncle schmoe gave him the green light to compete in the ifbb again, he started training with cormier and mcclinton and literally blew up to his former self within weeks.

i guess those pics pretty well convinced me that he used a few more supplements than the icopro that fred hatfield was pushing through the wbf at the time.

lugar, jim quinn and aaron baker also looked 'on' in that second contest.

very bad luck for the ifbb defectors because the feds were absolutely annihilating mcmahon and the wwf at the time and, as usual, the bbing show became the sacrificial lamb.

am i the only one who thinks that jew weider's very powerful supplement empire had something to do with the sudden interest in mcmahon???

seeing the pdi collapse almost as soon as it started brought back memories and i would like to point out here that none of those 13 came close to reaching their former glory attained in the ifbb. can anyone say, 'lee priest'?
DEMEY,BAKE,DEARTH did compete for a few yrs each after 92 debacle,baker reached his biggest and in shape during that run.demey done by 95,dearth well he has had ups and downs ...