Author Topic: Please explain  (Read 2990 times)

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Please explain
« on: July 13, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »
I seem to remember when I was much younger everyone tapered up their dose, peaked, then tapered off their cycle to avoid being shutdown. I never remember anyone having gyno either. Now everyone takes as much shit as they can then abruptly stop then take a bunch of other drugs to counter act the effects of anabolics?

What is the thinking here.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
Re: Please explain
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »
I seem to remember when I was much younger everyone tapered up their dose, peaked, then tapered off their cycle to avoid being shutdown. I never remember anyone having gyno either. Now everyone takes as much shit as they can then abruptly stop then take a bunch of other drugs to counter act the effects of anabolics?

What is the thinking here.

I'm always vexed by the dosages people purport using now compared to "back in the day".  That said they all shut you down whether you taper off or not.

A post cycle PCT is an attempt to pharmacologically kick start the boys!

So it's crucial that you restore the levels of LH, FSH and testosterone to their normal levels as soon as possible to prevent this new muscle from being broken down and to avoid total lethargy.  It is even more important to bring these levels back to baseline or there is a high risk that your body will stop producing testosterone permanently, a condition called ‘steroid induced hypogonadism’.  

I know guy's in their late 20's with hormone issues due to steroid abuse. They are already on prescribed trt.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what the typical Pct buck in the 70s and 80s was? I'm assuming serms weren't in use or weren't available back then?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 01:07:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know what the typical Pct buck in the 70s and 80s was? I'm assuming serms weren't in use or weren't available back then?

None.

You went on a certain number of weeks pre-contest and went off after the contest.

You only used pre-contest.

No blast and cruise like the idiots of today. 

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »

Like IN said most just used leading up to contests (powerlifting and bodybuilding). I was around some; however, that stayed on for long periods when training for big contests.

The dosages would be chuckled at today and I believe there was less gyno because of this. The higher the dose the more your body has to aromatize to estriodol. High E2 can lead to gyno.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6489180

During im testosterone administration, E2 and DHT levels exhibit saturable increases with dose. The rate of whole body aromatization is higher in older men, partly related to their higher percentage fat mass, SHBG, and testosterone levels.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2913038/

The first time I remember seeing HCG in powdered form was the later 80's.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 07:53:33 AM »
Yes, the later 80s is when things changed.

WalterWhite

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:00:39 PM »
Yes, the later 80s is when things changed.

Yes but not even close to the craziness that came later. ???