Author Topic: Acura NSX Has 573HP, Hits 191 MPH  (Read 13333 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Acura NSX Has 573HP, Hits 191 MPH
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »
lol...from laughter?

You don't like the way it sounds? I think even though a V6 it sounds sick !!

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
sounds like about 3.5 litre displacement

i see they have this eco boost thing and yup it's a 3.5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine
"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »

It sounds like it is farting and has a bad case of The Runs. Just like how BMW's Twin Turbo engines sound.
Oddly, Alfa's and Maserati's TT V6 sound better.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
It sounds like it is farting and has a bad case of The Runs. Just like how BMW's Twin Turbo engines sound.
Oddly, Alfa's and Maserati's TT V6 sound better.

The video you posted it sounded like garbage, The one I posted I think it sounds awesome. I love the new GT I think it's going to be a another huge success for Ford like the original was. I'm glad they went with a double clutch transmission seeing most American manufactures are dragging their feet , like Chevy , and Dodge , Ford is ahead of the curve for an American company , going with small displacement V6 twin-turbo it's where the market is going.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
But have you heard it?
[/youtube]

I'm sure it is a fine car, but at that price tag it is reserved for the mega rich. I'll stick with my GTR.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2015, 06:35:52 PM »
The video you posted it sounded like garbage, The one I posted I think it sounds awesome. I love the new GT I think it's going to be a another huge success for Ford like the original was. I'm glad they went with a double clutch transmission seeing most American manufactures are dragging their feet , like Chevy , and Dodge , Ford is ahead of the curve for an American company , going with small displacement V6 twin-turbo it's where the market is going.
That was the race car. It also had antilag. I suspect that there will more comments on the car's exhaust note when it comes to production. V6s tend not to sound as good as I6s, flat 6s, flat fours, V8s, V10s, or V12s. And Turbo V6s tend to sound worse Not unless it's a Ferrari Dino V6.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2015, 04:17:36 AM »
the motor may be too efficient for the ears.  it makes a lot of power at 1500rpm so you don't really have to wind it up and make it "sing"... based on the numbers though that thing should be a great "drivers" car...farts and all :)
"

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »

It's too expensive. Difficult market segment and it's still a Ford.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Twin turbos make pretty much anything sound awesome.

I'm sure it is a fine car, but at that price tag it is reserved for the mega rich. I'll stick with my GTR.....
The limited amount of Ford GTs are pretty much going to be bought be collectors, stored and resold years later for a handsome profit.

GTRs are not cheap, but yeah you see them on the road. Hell, my neighbor has a nice one tuned at Cobb tuning. That thing is sweet!!
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:27 PM »

People don't realize that most cars today make whispers and they are created exhausts with the rumble just for show.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
Garbage

When I was growing up we had an AMC Hornet station wagon that would run for five minutes after you turn It off.  AMC was the company that created the Gremlin by sawing two feet off the Hornet.  The initial Gremlin Sketch was done on an airplane air sickness bag.  The Hornet set my standard very low of what a car should be.  I've purposely never driven a BMW because I know I would never be willing to go back.  Bevo, it's understandable you would think American cars are garbage.  The problem is, you were exposed to Porsche's at an early age, so your standards are very high and expensive.    

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
When I was growing up we had an AMC Hornet station wagon that would run for five minutes after you turn It off.  AMC was the company that created the Gremlin by sawing two feet off the Hornet.  The initial Sketch was done on an airplane barf bag.  The Hornet set my standard very low of what a car should be.  I've purposely never driven a BMW because I know I would never be willing to go back.  Bevo, it's understandable you would think American cars are garbage.  The problem is, you were exposed to Porsche's at an early age, so your standards are very high and expensive.    

Don't know if this is any consolation but i was raised in an AMC family too we had three different cars, though they seemed very truck like. We also went through several concorde and eagle sedans which were total tanks, that you could drive until the wheels fell off. AMC eventually purchased Renault (or vice versa) so that meant we had to have one of their junks too! After the whole thing went caput we became a Chrysler family....haha something bizarre about the phenomenon of brand loyalty to American car makers.

the eagle was a tank

"