Author Topic: Dead Lifts and Afghan food  (Read 1216 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
Dead Lifts and Afghan food
« on: November 30, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »
Always love the Sunday morning work out! Today decided to work the back. Deads, chins, pull overs, and hyperextentions. My deepest apologies if any of you were there today. Last night went for Afghan food. Timesquare was poisonous this morning! It was straight up rude. This Asian women walked past the squat cage where I was doing deads and walked right into it. Made a funny face and grabbed her nose. I felt terrible!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Dead Lifts and Afghan food
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »
Always love the Sunday morning work out! Today decided to work the back. Deads, chins, pull overs, and hyperextentions. My deepest apologies if any of you were there today. Last night went for Afghan food. Timesquare was poisonous this morning! It was straight up rude. This Asian women walked past the squat cage where I was doing deads and walked right into it. Made a funny face and grabbed her nose. I felt terrible!
That's what you get for eating camel soup and spider legs.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
In the new Saveur there are a few Iraqi dishes that look awesome.  Last night I had Pomegranate and Walnut Duck.  8)

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 11:39:03 AM »
In the new Saveur there are a few Iraqi dishes that look awesome.  Last night I had Pomegranate and Walnut Duck.  8)
Hey man I just got the new Rick Tramonto cookbook Tru. It's really nicely done. Simple recipes made elegant. Beautiful photo's. I have the new Savuer. Haven't looked at it yet. Afghan food tastes good going down but I'm on the Pepto today!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »
Cheftim,

Are you cooking anything out of Alinea?  I have got mine but yet to try anything.  I did get a free sample of Tapioca Maltodextrin in order to make the powdered emulsifiers.  It is N-Zorbit from National Starch.

National Starch will give you a large free sample to try!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »
I also ran across this, www.alineaathome.com

Lady is cooking every single recipe in the book and blogging it.  She just finished Cooking The French Laundry from cover to cover. 

I think she used to be a speechwriter at one time for a president.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »
Cheftim,

Are you cooking anything out of Alinea?  I have got mine but yet to try anything.  I did get a free sample of Tapioca Maltodextrin in order to make the powdered emulsifiers.  It is N-Zorbit from National Starch.

National Starch will give you a large free sample to try!
With all cook books I have I never completely make anyone Else's recipes. I take some of there ideas and modify them into something new. That book is great for it's photo's and plating presentations. I get all my hydrocolloids from Tera Spice and Chef Rubber. Cool thing about Tapioca Maltodextrin is you can mix any fat into it. Including nut butters. And use it for sweet and savory applications.