Author Topic: Kennedy......  (Read 3540 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Kennedy......
« on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
Released
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy (Ken Kennedy) as of today, May, 29 2009. WWE wishes Ken the best in all future endeavors.
A shame, too bad he couldn't stay healthy i enjoyed his work. Odd considering he just returned last week

Kennedy

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Kennedy......
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
I'm really surprised with this, you'd have to think that he's got some long-term injury problems which are going to prevent him having a decent career.  But with his personality and ability on the mic, surely they could have found him a role for him somewhere, he'd probably make a decent commentator.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 07:06:20 PM »
Something not right for sure. Didn't he have a WWE movie as well? He definitely had potential. See ya. Gone in a New York minute.

Yeah, Behind Enemy Lines 2 : Columbia.  I've never seen it.  I really liked the guy, he had natural charisma, good personality, mic skills, why not keep him around instead of some of the rubbish they've still got.  I'm wondering if they offered him a non-wrestling role, and he turned them down to try and get in-ring work somewhere else.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »
Wow, I actually just saw him back the other night and was glad to see it.  guy is good in the ring and on the mic.

He will be in TNA I bet.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:26 AM »
He's going to be one of their stars no doubt if his health permits.

I agree.  He's the kinda talent that could carry the show for them, with some seasoning.  Hope his health is good enough.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 04:01:41 AM »
Here's the story...

While the full details behind the release of Mr. Kennedy by WWE are still not known, some new reports that have come out over the last 24 hours indicate that a discussion between Kennedy and WWE Champion Randy Orton may have pushed things more along.

As noted earlier, Orton and Kennedy had a discussion after this past week's Monday Night Raw taping. It wasn't a heated discussion and was more Orton telling Kennedy to be careful out in the ring. Orton was said to have been a little upset about a back suplex given to him by Kennedy during the main event on Monday night where he was dropped more on his shoulder instead of his back, which happened to be the same area where he broke his collar bone last year putting him out of action for a good amount of time.

Kennedy didn't argue with Orton or talk back when told this after the show. While there were reports that Kennedy suffered an injury to his wrist taking an RKO from Orton during the main event, it wasn't believed to be that serious and many WWE sources who discussed it didn't seem to think it was going to keep him out of action at all. Some have suggested his release may prove the pull Orton might have in WWE right now, while others think it is a combination of many things including how Kennedy hasn't progressed much in-ring wise and continues to have health problems. Either way, his release definitely surprised many on Friday.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:20:47 AM »

Around 30 second mark.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:02 AM »
Randy Orton has a way bigger future than Kennedy. Plus, Kennedy is always injured and or prone to injury. He also supposedly hurt his wrist in that match as well. You can tell that Orton was noticablly pissed off at that 30 second mark.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 05:02:37 PM »
Randy Orton has a way bigger future than Kennedy. Plus, Kennedy is always injured and or prone to injury. He also supposedly hurt his wrist in that match as well. You can tell that Orton was noticablly pissed off at that 30 second mark.

Yeah, I noticed that, he bounced back up for a second, then went down again.  I still don't get why they released him.  Vince wouldn't get rid of him for one botched move, you could fire half the roster for that, and I don't think he'd fire him on Orton's opinion.  It's more likely that they wanted him to take on a different role due to his constant injuries, and he turned it down because he wants to wrestle.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 04:09:19 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that, he bounced back up for a second, then went down again.  I still don't get why they released him.  Vince wouldn't get rid of him for one botched move, you could fire half the roster for that, and I don't think he'd fire him on Orton's opinion.  It's more likely that they wanted him to take on a different role due to his constant injuries, and he turned it down because he wants to wrestle.
His botched suplex on the fed's bigget star carrying the ball right now was only part of it. They released him because he his extremely injury prone. At the end of that match he supposedly hurt his wrist while taking Orton's RKO and was going to need extended time off. That was the real reason. He is CONSTANTLY hurt.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »
Source: ProWrestling.com

While Randy Orton did indeed confront Mr. Kennedy about his botched suplex during their match last Monday night, rumors saying that Orton essentially had Kennedy fired are reportedly untrue.

According to F4Wrestling.com, Kennedy initially viewed the complaint from Orton, who has made an effort to mature and improve his respect level in the lockerroom, as a stern warning about tightening up his in-ring efforts. Unfortunately for Kennedy, Orton was not the only respected WWE performer who viewed Kennedy's work as a liability.

Sources say that two "major, major stars" (long-term main-eventers) used the Orton incident as a platform to express their disapproval of Kennedy to WWE Chairman Vince McMahon. McMahon, who was already reportedly upset over the "Denver Debacle," harshly criticized Kennedy on the plane ride home, citing his recklessness, lack of business instincts and liability as a "green" worker. No influential staff members came to Kennedy's defense, which ultimately meant that his time was numbered. Sure enough, this past Friday, Kennedy received his WWE release.

F4W adds that two other major WWE superstars had also expressed condemnation for Kennedy's "horrible and clumsy" work. Few insiders came to Kennedy's defense, with an unnamed source saying that the wrestler had been consistently reckless in the ring and "with his mouth."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »
Source: ProWrestling.com

an unnamed source saying that the wrestler had been consistently reckless in the ring and "with his mouth."
That will get you fired right there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 04:16:34 AM »
More on the Kennedy firing as per PDI. See below:

More details are now surfacing about the situation involving Mr. Kennedy and WWE. For those still in the dark, you should read the original article about why Mr. Kennedy got fired specifically and what went down backstage at RAW that night. It is on the newsboard if you go back a few days.

As far as the update is concerned, it appears that not just Randy Orton went to Vince McMahon to complain about how dangerously clumbsy Kennedy is in the ring and how green he is. While no one is named directly, apparently two or three top, multi-time world champions (one should already come to mind) were among those that went directly to McMahon to vent their frustrations.

According to sources, McMahon was already in a bad mood due to the NBA/Denver Nuggets situation and reportedly went insane with anger on a plane ride back home. McMahon apparently said Kennedy is now on the WWE's "do not call list" which very few people are on. It's the cream of the crop when it comes to testing the often-preeched "never say never" slogan in WWE.