Author Topic: Neanderthal genome project launches  (Read 11541 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Neanderthal genome project launches
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 11:58:03 AM »
Holy Crap Beach... The human line did not come from Neanderthals.  If you don't believe in Neanderthals, you don't believe in Gorillas either.

I believe in gorillas, I just don't believe in evolution.  Even if I weren't a Christian I wouldn't believe in that cockamamie theory.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 12:06:20 PM »
Ever heard about "self-ownage"? That's what you're doing here.

No, I have never heard about "self-ownage."  Not in my dictionary (I just checked).  Sounds like some slag term that most intelligent people don't use. 

I was just pointing out how that lily-livered JA ran away because he couldn't stand the heat.  Picked up his bat and ball and ran home to his momma.  But that has nothing to do with you, "Martin."     

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »
I believe in gorillas, I just don't believe in evolution.  Even if I weren't a Christian I wouldn't believe in that cockamamie theory.   
::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »
Neanderthal genome project launches

Very charitable of you to volunteer for the project Jaguar.
The House that Ruth built

Tyrone Power

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 11:23:33 PM »
I wonder what happened to all the "Neanderthal" fossils?   :-\

Genuine La Ferrassie skull of Homo neanderthalensis from the Smithsonian Institution of Science.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 01:21:43 AM »

Genuine La Ferrassie skull of Homo neanderthalensis from the Smithsonian Institution of Science.

Looks like an ape to me.

Tyrone Power

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2006, 01:31:51 AM »
Looks like an ape to me.

There are alot of species of Apes. What "Ape" skull does it look like? Gorillas? Chimps? Which?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2006, 01:53:11 AM »

There are alot of species of Apes. What "Ape" skull does it look like? Gorillas? Chimps? Which?

Okay.  It looks like an ape, gorilla, and a chimp.  Doesn't look like a human or half human, half ape/gorilla/chimp.

Tyrone Power

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 02:00:41 AM »
Okay.  It looks like an ape, gorilla, and a chimp.  Doesn't look like a human or half human, half ape/gorilla/chimp.

There is no such "species" as "ape". Gorillas and Chimpanzees are both "Apes".

However you say it looks like both a Gorilla and a Chimp?

Here is a Gorilla skull.

Here is a Chimpanzee skull.

Not only do Chimps and Gorilla skulls look very different...They both look completly different from Neanderthal skulls.

Neanderthal skull

So it's obvious to me that not only do you know nothing about molecular genetics, You also know absolutely nothing about Primate anatomy. Implying the Neanderthal skull looks like both like a Chimp and Gorilla skull when the Chimp and Gorilla skulls are themselves totally different.

Tyrone Power

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 02:16:24 AM »
Crime artists reconstruction of skull taken from the Gibraltar Neanderthal child.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »

There is no such "species" as "ape". Gorillas and Chimpanzees are both "Apes".

However you say it looks like both a Gorilla and a Chimp?

Here is a Gorilla skull.

Here is a Chimpanzee skull.

Not only do Chimps and Gorilla skulls look very different...They both look completly different from Neanderthal skulls.

Neanderthal skull

So it's obvious to me that not only do you know nothing about molecular genetics, You also know absolutely nothing about Primate anatomy. Implying the Neanderthal skull looks like both like a Chimp and Gorilla skull when the Chimp and Gorilla skulls are themselves totally different.

Dude, it's a monkey fossil okay.  I couldn't give a rip about the technical differences between a chimp, gorilla, monkey, ape, etc.  Bottom line is it ain't a transitional fossil.  I don't need to know anything about molecular genetics to understand the absence of transitional fossils.  I'm in VERY good company when it comes to those who either don't believe in the evolution of species, or have significant questions about Darwin's theory.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »
Crime artists reconstruction of skull taken from the Gibraltar Neanderthal child.

Wow.   A crime artist invents the picture of a purported human ancestor that looks like . . . a human.  Go figure.  Stop the presses.

Tyrone Power

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 03:43:42 AM »
Dude, it's a monkey fossil okay.  I couldn't give a rip about the technical differences between a chimp, gorilla, monkey, ape, etc.  Bottom line is it ain't a transitional fossil.  I don't need to know anything about molecular genetics to understand the absence of transitional fossils.  I'm in VERY good company when it comes to those who either don't believe in the evolution of species, or have significant questions about Darwin's theory.   

Do you even know the difference between a "monkey" and an "ape"?

If you don't care about the "differences between a chimp, Gorilla or monkey" how can you make absurd claims about the fossils themselves?

It's like saying "Ok, That aint no Chevy! I don't know a damn thing about trucks or even what a Chevy looks like but that aint no Chevy!"

Ok,Ok...Let me get this straight...

• You don't know what the skull of a "Chimp" looks like.
  • You don't know what the skull of a "Gorilla" looks like.
  • You claim Chimp and Gorilla skulls look alike.
  • Then you claim the Neanderthal skull is a chimp or gorilla skull despite them looking nothing alike.

Did your mommy drop you when you were a baby?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »

Did your mommy drop you when you were a baby?

Quite a statement  ::)
R

bjorn_fairhair

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »
they were just humans wit disese or fake