Author Topic: Florida, my god... Florida  (Read 9125 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Florida, my god... Florida
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »
Isn´t Florida full of Alligators?  :-X

Least of your worry. Behind lightening.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
I go to Ybor, Temple terrace, Tampa, and every other place without a gun or drama.

WTF are you talking about, Willis?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »
Thank you Florida for making Texas look great.  :D
A

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »
aren't both shizzo and genova in Florida?

they could hook up and benefit each other, genova would finally get his cock sucked and shizzo could be an internet star via the delray misfits.

they could call it shizzova
"

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 11:22:16 AM »
I go to Ybor, Temple terrace, Tampa, and every other place without a gun or drama.

WTF are you talking about, Willis?

Ever been to Overtown in MIA?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »
Ever been to Overtown in MIA?

Spent nearly 8 months in Orlando with no problems.

Only visited Miami Beach for a week but there were no issues.

Maybe it's you.  :)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
aren't both shizzo and genova in Florida?

they could hook up and benefit each other, genova would finally get his cock sucked and shizzo could be an internet star via the delray misfits.

they could call it shizzova

They sure are. Genova is in Delray and Shizzo is probably in some trailer in Port St. Lucie. It's about an hour drive, but worth it for Genova since Shizzo supposedly loves to suck the cock

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 03:14:09 PM »
Even the "nice" places have crime that's off the charts. The Dindus are fucking animals. No shit, if you are in Fort Lauderdale outside of the green zone and you see a black face, either shoot or prepare to die.

Lived 3 years in Delray Beach just north of Boca. I know what I am speaking.

Fort Lauderdale sucks in general now because all the trash is moving north from Miami. I wouldn't consider Boca or Delray in that category yet. It will be down the road though.

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 04:59:38 AM »
I used to live in Hutchasin island,that's where pepper park is)it's a retirement community absolutely no violent crime just some drugs, but that's everywhere.rambone how do you know about port St. Lucie?

drkaje

• Getbig V

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 08:09:44 AM »
I used to live in Hutchasin island,that's where pepper park is)it's a retirement community absolutely no violent crime just some drugs, but that's everywhere.rambone how do you know about port St. Lucie?

I occasionally have to drive up there for work. Haven't spotted Shizzo at the local Publix yet, but I have ran into Genova many times.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
Even the "nice" places have crime that's off the charts. The Dindus are fucking animals. No shit, if you are in Fort Lauderdale outside of the green zone and you see a black face, either shoot or prepare to die.

Lived 3 years in Delray Beach just north of Boca. I know what I am speaking.

After some googling I understand that Dindu means black person?
The crackhead who chased us was white, the guy with the shotgun and his mom were white, and I think the convenience store owner was also white (or maybe latino or something?). There actually weren't many black people in Daytona from what I remember at all...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
After some googling I understand that Dindu means black person?
The crackhead who chased us was white, the guy with the shotgun and his mom were white, and I think the convenience store owner was also white (or maybe latino or something?). There actually weren't many black people in Daytona from what I remember at all...

Dindus come in all colors, Man. :)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 10:26:18 AM »
Dindus come in all colors, Man. :)

Ahh I see. Then yes, many Dindus around that are  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »
For a brief few months I lived in Port Charlotte. This was in the early '90s when my bro had a house there. Some wild times. I drove his Caddie across the huge bridge several times each week to lift at a local gym. Can't remember what that town's called.

I have cool memories of Florida. Humid as duck balls, though!

Miami Vice is one of my all-time faves (Crockett rules) and the early '90s Tampa death scene yielded some of my fave classic DM bands.

P.S. That manitee tub-o'-lard is pure gross. Throw the menstrual deal into it and I'm about to hurl.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 11:16:44 AM »
Something weird is always going on in Florida. I'll be in Tampa and then Columbia, SC next week.

If anything unusual (for Florida) happens I'll post about it.

The open government laws in Florida are the most expansive in the United States.  Every document in Florida is public record. As a result, every crazy court case is free to be reviewed by anyone who requests it, so more of the ridiculous stories get out.  If New York and California had the same open government laws Florida does, they would have more crazy stories too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_information_legislation_%28Florida%29#Open_Meetings

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2016, 02:57:40 PM »
For a brief few months I lived in Port Charlotte. This was in the early '90s when my bro had a house there. Some wild times. I drove his Caddie across the huge bridge several times each week to lift at a local gym. Can't remember what that town's called.

I have cool memories of Florida. Humid as duck balls, though!

Miami Vice is one of my all-time faves (Crockett rules) and the early '90s Tampa death scene yielded some of my fave classic DM bands.

P.S. That manitee tub-o'-lard is pure gross. Throw the menstrual deal into it and I'm about to hurl.

nice, I played in bands in port charlotte in 1997-2005.  Know the place well.  hurricane charlie set the place back 20 years.

Least of your worry. Behind lightening.

there was a 15 foot gator that came out of the canal nearby recently... a few people took cell pics of it, everyone just lost track of it.  no biggie, they're not fast.

Lightning killed 2 and injured 1 in a single strike last year on ft myers beach.  I had one moment right after that - playing a gig on the beach - caught in lightning with a cart full of PA speakers... I admit, I was more scared in that 120 seconds of running for the car, than I was in almost anything I've ever been thru.  Lightning hitting 100 feet away and I'm pulling a metal cart... scary stuff, you're powerless against it.   Musicians tend to push it too close when they're playing for a crowd.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »
nice, I played in bands in port charlotte in 1997-2005.  Know the place well.  hurricane charlie set the place back 20 years.

there was a 15 foot gator that came out of the canal nearby recently... a few people took cell pics of it, everyone just lost track of it.  no biggie, they're not fast.

Lightning killed 2 and injured 1 in a single strike last year on ft myers beach.  I had one moment right after that - playing a gig on the beach - caught in lightning with a cart full of PA speakers... I admit, I was more scared in that 120 seconds of running for the car, than I was in almost anything I've ever been thru.  Lightning hitting 100 feet away and I'm pulling a metal cart... scary stuff, you're powerless against it.   Musicians tend to push it too close when they're playing for a crowd.

No shit. I knew a guy that was a paramedic down there and the weirdest thing he caught was a person that got struck by lightening while walking with a cell phone. He used the term "inside out" to describe the scene.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 03:08:35 PM »
A buddy of mine is a cop in the Maitland area. The stories he tells are fucking crazy! He's also known to start conversations with "Jake. There was a black guy pulled-over on a bike last night... Was it you?" or some other crazy thing.

Cool guy but I couldn't do that job.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
This thread took a turn that I did not expect.

This is why I love GetBig
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04:12 AM »
No shit. I knew a guy that was a paramedic down there and the weirdest thing he caught was a person that got struck by lightening while walking with a cell phone. He used the term "inside out" to describe the scene.

i eat clean, avoid taking bad streets, carry lots of glockage, and generally don't do dumb shit.

finding myself pulling a cart of speakers for 1/4 mile thru the beach district as lightning hit all around was definitely the dumbest thing I've done since getting married.

I'll admit tho - in a state full of lazy stoners, with more excuses than IQ points, i love it.  it makes things easy.  I'd hate to live in a place like china where people will work very hard 24/7 for pennies.  It's not all that competitive here.  I work when I want, where I want, pick and choose because most people are lazy stoners in flipflops who need alcohol to function and are late to everything as a rule.  Florida rocks if you grew up elsewhere and don't function like they do.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 01:20:42 AM »
AJ is definitely the type of guy that strokes the laminated picture of Travis Haley in his tactical Blackhawk wallet for luck every time he smells fried chicken. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2016, 06:23:21 AM »
Nile Crocodiles Found Really Far Out of Africa. In Florida.

The Nile crocodile, which inhabits sub-Saharan Africa, can grow to 21 feet long and weigh one and a half tons. It eats just about anything — including humans.

Now four have been found in Florida, although none were that large. They were probably brought from South Africa and kept as pets or zoo displays.

One was a hatchling about a foot long sitting on a porch in Miami. Another was found on the property of a private zoo in Homestead, Fla., and a third, a 10-pound female, was captured in a public park, also in Homestead.

Finally, five months later, in March 2012, a three-foot-long female was trapped in a canal in Homestead, above. This one was tagged and released.

She turned up again two years later and 29 miles away, having grown to five and a half feet long.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/science/crocodiles-in-florida.html?_r=0
a