Author Topic: poor man's diet  (Read 2202 times)

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
poor man's diet
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
is there a poor man's diet? what i mean is i don't have money to go out and buy sirloin steak,salmon,swordfish or any of that other stuff..so can someone put up a diet that has the same amount of effectiveness as one of the awesome diets you see in magazines or even up on this board...thanks for any help anyone can give me.. ;D
FIYAAAH!

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: poor man's diet
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
Iīll help you out. Diet for muscle gain.

Breakfast: 5 whole eggs, bowl of oatmeal/cereals+glass of orange juice+vitamins
+2 hours: whey shake
lunch: chicken legs, rice, milk
+ 2 hours whey shake
dinner: groundbeef, potatoes, milk
+2 hours whey shake
tuna/cottage cheese, toast, water
+2hours whey shake+vitamins

Ps. This might look like expensive, but itīs really not, buy groundbeef and chicken in bulk and freeze. You can get ok whey for quite cheap and buy a lot in once. Vitamins are also cheap and important. Rice and potatoes cost next to nothing, if you canīt afford this or you canīt follow it then this "game" aint for you. Good luck and start gaining.

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »
You can get good deals on canned tuna.  I just bought 10 cans for $6 at the supermarket.  Buy egg whites in large cartons.  Generic brand oatmeal is cheap as well.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »
i was going to post but your avatar disturbs me
Z

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
thanks luolamies much appreciated..other than the whey shake i think everything else is actually in order..i think i saw some whey at target the other day so i'll get right on that...

Bluto..it'd only be disturbing if that was a guy getting plowed...but since its a girl with a phat azz..well..you are the only one that doesn't seem to like it..lol..no worries ;D
FIYAAAH!

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
Iīll help you out. Diet for muscle gain.

Breakfast: 5 whole eggs, bowl of oatmeal/cereals+glass of orange juice+vitamins
+2 hours: whey shake
lunch: chicken legs, rice, milk
+ 2 hours whey shake
dinner: groundbeef, potatoes, milk
+2 hours whey shake
tuna/cottage cheese, toast, water
+2hours whey shake+vitamins

Ps. This might look like expensive, but itīs really not, buy groundbeef and chicken in bulk and freeze. You can get ok whey for quite cheap and buy a lot in once. Vitamins are also cheap and important. Rice and potatoes cost next to nothing, if you canīt afford this or you canīt follow it then this "game" aint for you. Good luck and start gaining.

I heard you should never eat protein without carbohydrates. Your body needs insulin to utilize the protein and without carbs your body won't produce insulin. You can maintain muscle without carbs but you can't build new muscle.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:35:44 AM »
thanks luolamies much appreciated..other than the whey shake i think everything else is actually in order..i think i saw some whey at target the other day so i'll get right on that...

Your welcome!
If thats the case good for you, you can get whey at places like that and itīs allright. You can add carbs if you want to, but other than right after a workout itīs not necessary, unless you have very high metabolism.

Hey one thing i forgat to write was, when you buy whey make sure it has at least 80% protein, because if it doesnīt it has too much fillers (ash). BTW i have used allmost every protein powder there is and i havenīt noticed any difference between the most costly and cheapo (regarding muscle gain). Donīt believe hype like muscletech, protein powder is just that protein powder, no less no more. There might be a difference in taste, but i dont drink it for the taste so it doesnīt matter.
Good luck Sarge.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 07:30:05 AM »
I heard you should never eat protein without carbohydrates. Your body needs insulin to utilize the protein and without carbs your body won't produce insulin. You can maintain muscle without carbs but you can't build new muscle.

Whey protein actually causes an insulin response, so you do not need to eat carbs with your protein to make it effective.  If you don't need carbs to maintain muscle, then that means that the protein is effective without them.  So you can still build muscle without carbs.  Your muscles might not feel as full because of low glycogen levels, but the actual muscle tissue will utilize the protein as long as adequate fuel is provided.

Carbs are OVERRATED!

!@#$%

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:48:20 AM »
Whey protein actually causes an insulin response, so you do not need to eat carbs with your protein to make it effective. 
Carbs are OVERRATED!

Is this something you read in Muscle & Fitness, the back of a can of protein powder or do you have a source for this claim?

If you don't need carbs to maintain muscle, then that means that the protein is effective without them.  So you can still build muscle without carbs.  Your muscles might not feel as full because of low glycogen levels, but the actual muscle tissue will utilize the protein as long as adequate fuel is provided.

I'm not sure if you need carbs to maintain muscle, I'm guessing that you don't.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »
the tue poor mans diet would be lots of brown rice and kidney beans. maybe some peanut butter too.

Lunarr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 11:12:34 PM »
Hi guys. A question. I know canned tuna is really cheap, but is it okay to eat it everyday?
They say it's not healthy if it's canned?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 08:06:11 AM »
Hi guys. A question. I know canned tuna is really cheap, but is it okay to eat it everyday?
They say it's not healthy if it's canned?

I eat ten cans per week, 2 per day Mon through Friday.  I've been doing that for two years without any adverse effects.  Once in awhile, I take a few weeks off from that and eat canned chicken breast.  If you stay away from albacore and just buy light tuna, its perfectly healthy.

Lunarr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 07:42:32 PM »
Okay man. Thanks !

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
is there a poor man's diet? what i mean is i don't have money to go out and buy sirloin steak,salmon,swordfish or any of that other stuff..so can someone put up a diet that has the same amount of effectiveness as one of the awesome diets you see in magazines or even up on this board...thanks for any help anyone can give me.. ;D

Yeah eat less and you will save money and lose weight.  I guarantee that you will keep your muscle and lose fat.  Don't slack on your weight training and forget about cardio.  Try it for a month and you will start to really look like a BBer.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 06:12:16 AM »
My diet (when not deployed) is all tuna, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, and mixed veggies.  And I use IronTek protein and creatine.  That's about as cheap as you can get.  And I'm 6'0", 250 lbs, at about 9-10% BF.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
My diet (when not deployed) is all tuna, eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, and mixed veggies.  And I use IronTek protein and creatine.  That's about as cheap as you can get.  And I'm 6'0", 250 lbs, at about 9-10% BF.

sounds like me too , and i have chicken drumsticks , cheap and dont eat the skin