Author Topic: If God ordered you to kill a child..........  (Read 19440 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
If God ordered you to kill a child..........
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »

Anyone see just how stupid that is?  God ordering someone to kill a child?

He ordered the Jews to murder the amalikite children.

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.  He can stick that order in his ass.  And if he sends me to hell he's a hypocrite and cannot possibly be god.  And if he really is GOD, then to hell i go, becuase i'd rather burn in hell than kill a child, becuase if that's what i'm supposed to do to go to heaven then forget it.  I will not kill a child so that i can go to heaven.

i will not lose my soul becuase GOD couldn't in all "his wisdom and power" find a better answer.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: If God ordered you to kill a child..........
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 02:03:41 AM »

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.  He can stick that order in his ass.  And if he sends me to hell he's a hypocrite and cannot possibly be god.  And if he really is GOD, then to hell i go, becuase i'd rather burn in hell than kill a child, becuase if that's what i'm supposed to do to go to heaven then forget it.  I will not kill a child so that i can go to heaven.

i will not lose my soul becuase GOD couldn't in all "his wisdom and power" find a better answer.

Since it is fiction, it matters little.
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:15 AM »
OzmO, killing children is no big deal at all to the Hebrew god. He killed every first born child in Egypt. He could have spared them, in his infinite power and wisdom, but he killed them.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:49:04 AM »
OzmO, killing children is no big deal at all to the Hebrew god. He killed every first born child in Egypt. He could have spared them, in his infinite power and wisdom, but he killed them.

He would have spared them, had Pharoah released the Israelites, the other NINE times he was told to "Let my people go". Once again, my point made earlier regarding what happened to the Amalekites is made. Sometimes when you do wrong, you are not the only one who pays for it. Pharoah's stubborness led to the death of his people.

Would you do it?

Ummm.....last time I checked, if you end up in the lake of fire, you've already lost your soul. Furthermore, nowhere is it stated that killing a child was a prerequisite to entering the pearly gates. And the Bible gives full explanation as to why the Amalekites got punished the way they did. But, instead of recognizing such, you'd rather go on a tirade, because God doesn't do things the way you think he should.

At the end of the day, He (not you or I) is the Creator. As He is the giver of life, it would follow that He has the right to take life away, when He sees fit, whether we agree with it or not, whether we understand why or not.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 06:19:51 AM »
He would have spared them, had Pharoah released the Israelites, the other NINE times he was told to "Let my people go". Once again, my point made earlier regarding what happened to the Amalekites is made. Sometimes when you do wrong, you are not the only one who pays for it. Pharoah's stubborness led to the death of his people.

Ummm.....last time I checked, if you end up in the lake of fire, you've already lost your soul. Furthermore, nowhere is it stated that killing a child was a prerequisite to entering the pearly gates. And the Bible gives full explanation as to why the Amalekites got punished the way they did. But, instead of recognizing such, you'd rather go on a tirade, because God doesn't do things the way you think he should.

At the end of the day, He (not you or I) is the Creator. As He is the giver of life, it would follow that He has the right to take life away, when He sees fit, whether we agree with it or not, whether we understand why or not.

Spoken like a true fundy nutcase. That is an explanation that explains essentially nothing, hence it is not an explanation.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:05:28 AM »
Spoken like a true fundy nutcase. That is an explanation that explains essentially nothing, hence it is not an explanation.

Of course it doesn't explain anything. That statement wasn't supposed to be an explanation. It simply made a point.

BTW, aren't you still due to answer a few questions poised to you that you've ducked for the past 2-3 weeks (regarding certain historical documents)?

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:47:33 AM »
the bible was written to lead people back to God.  It was written to be descriptive (telling what happened to people who obeyed and disobeyed him) and prescriptive (telling what to do inorder to be apart of his kingdom).
I am a grown ass man

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 10:28:49 AM »

So then answer the question.....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 02:25:08 PM »
becuase i'd rather burn in hell than kill a child, becuase if that's what i'm supposed to do to go to heaven then forget it.  I will not kill a child so that i can go to heaven.

Well, OzmO, you can kill all the children that you want to kill, but that will not get you into heaven.  If you think that the Bible teaches that in order to go to heaven you must kill children, then I'm glad that you are not a Christian.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 08:21:40 PM »
Well, OzmO, you can kill all the children that you want to kill, but that will not get you into heaven.  If you think that the Bible teaches that in order to go to heaven you must kill children, then I'm glad that you are not a Christian.

Blah blah blah,

i knew you and McVay, and even bet hustle man will do everything you can NOT to answer the question.

You will dodge and distract as much as you can.

I'm asking you right now......God orders you to kill a child, will you do it?

P.s.:  And I'm not at all surprised you think  i think killing children is a way to get in heaven.  It's a straight forward question...do you have the nads to answer it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 12:38:16 AM »
Of course it doesn't explain anything. That statement wasn't supposed to be an explanation. It simply made a point.

BTW, aren't you still due to answer a few questions poised to you that you've ducked for the past 2-3 weeks (regarding certain historical documents)?

It was an ill considered point.

With regards to the other comment, I have been busy.

I answered questions over and over but magic books are hurled again and again and when I post things like former fundy, Bart Ehrman and his scholarship showing how the bible is riddled with copyist errors, mistakes and interpolations, that stuff IS ignored. If a person wants to believe in magic books without evidence, then there is no evidence you can present to convince him otherwise. Same goes for the creationist folk and evolution.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »
the bible was written to lead people back to God.  It was written to be descriptive (telling what happened to people who obeyed and disobeyed him) and prescriptive (telling what to do inorder to be apart of his kingdom).

No, the bible was written by ignorant, nobody goatherders looking to glorify themselves and their tribe through invention, fairy tales and fiction.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 03:54:27 AM »

Blah blah blah,

Blah blah blah what?  Kill all the children that you want to kill.  That won't get you into heaven.  Don't ever become a Chrisian if that's what you think the Bible teaches.

i knew you and McVay, and even bet hustle man will do everything you can NOT to answer the question.

You will dodge and distract as much as you can.

I'm asking you right now......God orders you to kill a child, will you do it?

You are twisting and distorting the word of God, which is very indecent of you. God does not just order anybody to kill a child. 

Had I been king Saul?  Yes, unlike Saul and unlike you, I would have obeyed God and completely destroyed the Amalekites, both out of obedience to God and to project my people from this 300+ year threat.  But that does not guarantee entrance into heaven.  Only faith in Jesus Christ can do that. 

There is your answer.

P.s.:  And I'm not at all surprised you think  i think killing children is a way to get in heaven.  It's a straight forward question...do you have the nads to answer it?

You shouldn't be surprised, because that is what you said.

becuase i'd rather burn in hell than kill a child, becuase if that's what i'm supposed to do to go to heaven then forget it.  I will not kill a child so that i can go to heaven.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »
No I wouldn't kill a child and I don't believe killing a child is a prerequisite to getting into heaven. 

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
LOL @ God telling you anything. Monster schizophrenic listening to voices in your head.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
No I wouldn't kill a child and I don't believe killing a child is a prerequisite to getting into heaven. 

What would you have done in Abraham's position?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »
Have a problem with a Biblical verse?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAB7viNJp8o

this is a good video.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 09:49:40 AM »

ANY god is imaginary!
are you delusional?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 09:57:30 AM »
What would you have done in Abraham's position?

I'm not certain what I would have done if I was alive over 2000 years ago and was someone else.  What I can tell you today is that if God or anyone else "ordered" me to kill a child my answer would be "no." 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »
Blah blah blah what?  Kill all the children that you want to kill.  That won't get you into heaven.  Don't ever become a Chrisian if that's what you think the Bible teaches.

You are twisting and distorting the word of God, which is very indecent of you. God does not just order anybody to kill a child. 

Had I been king Saul?  Yes, unlike Saul and unlike you, I would have obeyed God and completely destroyed the Amalekites, both out of obedience to God and to project my people from this 300+ year threat.  But that does not guarantee entrance into heaven.  Only faith in Jesus Christ can do that. 

There is your answer.

You shouldn't be surprised, because that is what you said.

So you would have killed 2 year, 3-year, 4 year, old children babies and the like?

And would you do it today?   If God told you to go kill the 1 year old off spring of terrorist would you do it?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 06:26:28 PM »
So you would have killed 2 year, 3-year, 4 year, old children babies and the like?

OzmO, I have already answered your question. 

Had I been king Saul those thousand years ago, then yes, I would have completely destroyed the Amalekites to obey God and to protect my people from this 300+ year old threat and to finally put an end to it.  At least I would hope that I would not be as weak a king Saul was.

And would you do it today?   If God told you to go kill the 1 year old off spring of terrorist would you do it?

Today? No.  How is God going to ask me to do that today?  That's the beauty of Biblical Christianity.  Christians are not to listen to little voices in their heads, not even to angels, but only to the Bible, "Sola Escritura"(Scripture alone.).  And the Bible does not teach that in order to enter heaven you must kill children.  I have no idea where you go that from.  In the contrary, why do you think it is Christians who oppose and take action against legal abortions?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »

OzmO, I have already answered your question. 

Had I been king Saul those thousand years ago, then yes, I would have completely destroyed the Amalekites to obey God and to protect my people from this 300+ year old threat and to finally put an end to it.  At least I would hope that I would not be as weak a king Saul was.

Today? No.  How is God going to ask me to do that today?  That's the beauty of Biblical Christianity.  Christians are not to listen to little voices in their heads, not even to angels, but only to the Bible, "Sola Escritura"(Scripture alone.).  And the Bible does not teach that in order to enter heaven you must kill children.  I have no idea where you go that from.  In the contrary, why do you think it is Christians who oppose and take action against legal abortions?

I'm asking you whether or not you would kill a child if you were one of those jewish soldiers, not if you were saul.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
I'm asking you whether or not you would kill a child if you were one of those jewish soldiers, not if you were saul.

What's the difference and why do you keep asking the same question over and over again?  Do you really believe that you'll get a different answer?  If there is some point to this which you are trying to make, then go ahead and make it.

All the while you have ignored my questions.

Your attempts at portraying Jews and Christians as child murderers is futile, and indecent at best.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 08:09:50 PM »
It's a simple question loco and you are not answering it directly.

If you were a jewish soldier would you kill 2-3-4 year old, infant, amalikite babies if God ordered you to do it?

P.s.  stop playing the dumb card again.  You know I'm not trying to portray christains and jews as murderers.  I'm askikng a simple question and asking follow up questions to clarify your answers.

Can you answer it or not?

If you were a jewish soldier would you kill 2-3-4 year old, infant, amalikite babies if God ordered you to do it?

squirm squirm squirm  lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »

You made no specifications about whether Loco (or I) were a Jewish soldier vs. King Saul (to whom God gave the order), earlier. You got your answers and now, you're switching the questions.

It's a simple question loco and you are not answering it directly.

P.s.  stop playing the dumb card again.  You know I'm not trying to portray christains and jews as murderers.  I'm askikng a simple question and asking follow up questions to clarify your answers.

Can you answer it or not?

squirm squirm squirm  lol

You're not portraying the Jews as murderers? Excuse me! That's been the subject of your outrage every time this subject gets mentioned. Loco's answer was (regardless of whether he was a soldier or King Saul himself) that he would carry out God's instructions, protecting his people and put down an enemy that has been assualting his people for over three centuries.

My answer is similar. But, as I stated earlier, there's no one who's been assaulting my people or have been doing so for 300 years.

By the way, you have a question I don't think you've addressed. That would be why, if you claim that the Jews lied about the reason for Saul's orders to deal with the Amalekites, Saul lost his throne?