Author Topic: a look at ANDREAS MUNZER  (Read 20863 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: a look at ANDREAS MUNZER
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 12:46:03 AM »
No wonder he was that ripped, if you saw what he took.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »
No wonder he was that ripped, if you saw what he took.

and you actually believe munzer was taking all that gear week in week out...... ::)

a) he couldnt afford it.

b) it would take him more time to take his weekly doses than it would to eat his weekly food.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 01:12:05 AM »
i can't remember what was on that list of drugs that muntzer was supposedly taking but i recall it reading like a pharmaceutical stock order form.

i don't know how much/what he was taking but from all accounts the guy was extremely dedicated, maybe obsessed is the right terminology. he literally lived for bbing, nothing else. worked at gym, no kids, no social life, nothing but bbing 24/7.

he was a bbing monk.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 01:20:17 AM »
Munzer OBVIOUSLY abused drugs - he died from them FFS.  Let's not be naive and suggest anything other than that.  However, that stack may be a little nuts.  But he definitely something EXTREMELY crazy given that drugs killed him.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:57 AM »
Munzer OBVIOUSLY abused drugs - he died from them FFS.  Let's not be naive and suggest anything other than that.  However, that stack may be a little nuts.  But he definitely something EXTREMELY crazy given that drugs killed him.

agreed..."abused" being the key word.....

theres a book by "jon hotten" called "muscle".....in it a doctor said that " Andi's liver was almost completly dissolved"....

you should read it, its a good book....focuses on dorian and kerry kayes and also andreas munzer

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 02:13:25 AM »

Hey Matt do you have any readings on what exactly Munzer died from? Did ALL of his organs shut down? I'd like to know so we could maybe dissect what drug or drugs played the biggest part in his death.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
Hey Matt do you have any readings on what exactly Munzer died from? Did ALL of his organs shut down? I'd like to know so we could maybe dissect what drug or drugs played the biggest part in his death.

There are some good resources online that I could dig up later.  Basically his liver melted.  What drug or combination of drugs would cause that?  I'm not exactly sure.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »
There was speculation that Cytraden eliminated any adrenal response. He was bleeding to death internally from AAS abuse and didn't even know till too late. I guess that drug amts to chemical removal of the adrenals. A normal person would know something is seriously wrong and get to the ER,  he had no idea and just collapsed is the story. I think that was the most reliable story I heard. Long term massive doses of 17-alpha orals. RIP Andreas.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »
There was speculation that Cytraden eliminated any adrenal response. He was bleeding to death internally from AAS abuse and didn't even know till too late. I guess that drug amts to chemical removal of the adrenals. A normal person would know something is seriously wrong and get to the ER,  he had no idea and just collapsed is the story. I think that was the most reliable story I heard. Long term massive doses of 17-alpha orals. RIP Andreas.

No pun intended...

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
to all the future BB champs ...here is a pic of Munzer today....
The Number 2 in Scranton

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
We all end up like that. The lucky ones in 1 piece. ;D

I'd rate Andreas one of the best. That says a lot about how far this BBing thing has gone.
It's hard to imagine how far it will go....  400lbs ripped? Look at WWEs Big Show. The human Body CAN get that big.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »
There are some good resources online that I could dig up later.  Basically his liver melted.  What drug or combination of drugs would cause that?  I'm not exactly sure.

Well that makes it easy if it was just his liver. Even if he was taking just a fraction of the "Munzer Cocktail," all of those orals over a long period of time will eat your liver up. Add Cytadren to that and you have successfully shut your liver down. That's too bad if that were the case because the liver is one organ that can regenerate itself. All he would of had to do was take a nice long break from any orals he was taking. Oh well.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
it has also been stated that he was always in contest shape and never really got into an offseason weight...which of course is unhealthy in itself as the body needs bodyfat to work properly...

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
his condition was legendary but i don't think he ever came close to winning any major show.
That shows you how the judging is so bizarre.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 03:45:07 PM »
whats that pose called. front ballerina?

when did he compete, he should have been mr olympia looking like this, better then yates by a long mile

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 04:20:59 PM »

agreed..."abused" being the key word.....

theres a book by "jon hotten" called "muscle".....in it a doctor said that " Andi's liver was almost completly dissolved"....

you should read it, its a good book....focuses on dorian and kerry kayes and also andreas munzer

yeah, i read it. it is pretty good. however, he kind of glosses over the synthol problem

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »
his condition was legendary but i don't think he ever came close to winning any major show.
That shows you how the judging is so bizarre.

his overall structure was poor. he was too blocky

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
Awesome conditioning..

What shows did he manage to win?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 04:45:14 PM »
Too BLOCKY???? Have you not seen our CURRENT Mr. Olympia, with absolutely NO striations ANYWHERE to be found on his entire body? We reward refrigerators like Cutler and men like Munzer never even placed.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 05:01:55 PM »
hepatis peliosis was supposedly what he died from.

he had a bunch of blood filled cysts.

i have an article that tries to explain it all. ill find it.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 05:47:35 PM »
how he ever lost the 93 NOC is beyond me. he had mass and his super cuts at that show.

even in the "hush about politics" 90's the mags were making noises that Porter won the show because of politics...
Flower Boy Ran Away

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
his overall structure was poor. he was too blocky

lmao poor structure???....too blocky?

can tell you read that somewhere and you're just repeating it....

munzer had great structure....he was a bit narrow but his muscle bellies where great especially legs and lats from the front......too blocky is nonsense....

how long have you been a fan of bodybuilding??? im curious ::)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »
I would NOT call Munzer "BLocky".
Tim Belkenap & Rich Gaspari, I would call BLocky, but both great BBers.

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 06:29:09 PM »
There is a video of Munzer on youtube of him posing at one of the Arnold Classics I believe. The commentator makes some comment like he is a little below his normal conditioning today, and appears to be living off his striations. Haha I could'nt believe it when I heard it. What a jackass

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2007, 07:48:26 PM »
Again, the blockiest guy around is the current Mr. Olympia.