Author Topic: Personal Trainers Talk  (Read 132641 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Personal Trainers Talk
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 01:13:24 PM »
Yeah. I thought the US was big on all of that.

The same here. I am certified in nutrition, but my staff is not. I am very strict with them. I do not allow them to put anything in writing. I do all dietary advice.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »
I think it would depend on the gym of who's doing that (based on who's privy on liability issues).

I would have to say most gyms I know here in So Cal will not & do not offer nutritional advice unless they are a certified nutritionist.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
Although I no longer do personal training on a regular basis, when I did it I gave out free 30 day supplement kits with every fitness package and a free supplement of their choice with single sessions to attract more customers.  Some gyms will allow you to do it so you'll need to check.

And flower is correct, you must be a certified nutritionists to do diets for most major commerical gyms.  Even so, if you are not certified, you shouldn't giving diets to begin with.  You'll screw up someone's kidneys or something.....  ;)

Hope you're listening 240 ;D
A

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 08:12:50 AM »
So Mike, are you a certified nutritionist, or does your World's not care?    The one here I believe will fire you if they find out you actually gave a diet.

our  Worlds has it's own diet (ultra -fit diet devoloped by IFBB PRO JOHN DEFENDIS)
we have to know that diet inside and out before we teach it to clients
it's pretty much a basic bodybuilding diet with some differences

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »
I think the one here has something like that, but you have to buy all these products or something?  That is the only one you can use (unless certified) I believe.    I think they even do a training/diet package thing.   :P

yea ours is the same
id post it
but i think id get in trouble

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 01:15:25 PM »
So they have you recommend a bodybuilding diet to non-bodybuilders or does it fit regular diets?   

We use apex supplements at my gym (www.apexfitness.com) and it's really pretty simple, calories in-calories out.  It's primarily based around different kinds of Multi-Vitamins, MRP's and Nutritional Bars (yes, they have sugar, but they're only 160 calories).  These seem to work the best for your average soccer-mom-looking-to-drop-a-few.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »
MANNNNNNNN i soo wanna post it

it's a bb diet geared toward the masses

body88

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 02:09:04 PM »
Just post it but change it around.. change words a food source to something comparible etc

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 05:24:10 PM »
MANNNNNNNN i soo wanna post it

it's a bb diet geared toward the masses

Don't.

This site is linked to your site...Why risk them finding out you posted it? If anyone really wants it they can pm you.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 08:14:51 PM »
Apex!  That's what the World's here pushes I believe. 

Apex actually has some pretty decent supplements
:

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 02:56:23 AM »
APex is made by World Wide (at least their drinks)

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »
They do have RTD's but they're "re-evaluating" them, I don't think that's their market.

If you own a PT studio or a smaller gym I would HIGHLY recommend gettin on the Apex bandwagon.  Check out 24hr fitness, they have a killer Apex program. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »
They do have RTD's but they're "re-evaluating" them, I don't think that's their market.

If you own a PT studio or a smaller gym I would HIGHLY recommend gettin on the Apex bandwagon.  Check out 24hr fitness, they have a killer Apex program. 

Please feel free to expand on this point :)

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 01:21:09 PM »
All Apex products/supplements work in conjunction with each other, call it, a supplement system (marketing).  Each new member/client fills out a Vitamin Supplement Questionnaire, which pretty much asseses they're supplement needs (Gain weight, lose weight or maintain) and they're dietary restictions (low carb, anemic, pregnant, obese, etc) and prints out a specialized "shopping list" of supplements that will help in reaching their goal.  Give it to them, go over it with them and you're done. 

Also, they can buy all their supplements on the website, the catch is they need a username and password.  They have to use your gym's name and their designated passord so you get a cut of that as well.

finally, you can't buy Apex products at Walmart, GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, only Apex Certified Clubs.  This means that no one can undercut you on price and you pretty much have a stranglehold on your clients supplemetal needs.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2006, 09:46:51 AM »
My store has a small fitness studio in the back.  It has a multi smith machine, leg press, hack squat combo machine, a life cycle stepper and about 1200 lbs in free weights.  With just these 3 multi use machines and the free weights, they're is not a bodypart that can't be worked and developed any better than in a 10,000 sq ft Worlds Gym.  Plus it's a private 1 on 1 session and you'd be supprised how many clients I have that were made to feel like a trainers specital in a large gym.  Most of the older woman like the privacy, no mater how bad they think they look, no ones looking at them here.  The great thing about My personal training business is that I also own the store and am certified to write diets.  I have a computerized program that gives a very impressive and useful diet that works and is easy to follow.  Having a store I also sell them whatever supplements they need, water, workout clothes.  In other words I'm all inclusive, which clients like not having to run here to get this or their for that.  Plus I do their body fat for them monthly.  I usually don't train more than 6 people a day and only 2 on Sat.  The $$$ is good and when you develop a working releationship with your clients and they will see results, I have some people who I've been training for over 5 years, 4 times per week.  If your gonna do it, do it the right way, not just training, but do it all.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

swatranger

• Getbig I
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »
I need some guidance if someone can help me. I am on my way to starting my own personal training business and I am going crazy trying to make the right decision on my logo for my business cards and flyers. Everyone knows the photo of the barbell with about 12 total 45 plates on it and the bar is bending pretty good. Well, I was going to have that with a outlined photo of one of the IFBB pro's under it. Not their faces or anything just the silhoutte of their body. Does anyone think I should also have a fit female standing next to him maybe military pressing some 5 pound beautybells so that I dont scare off the middle aged housewife who only sees this massive man holding 800 pounds over his head. I know that the middle aged housewife is the going to be my base in this town. Let me know!!! Peace and Train insane!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 09:07:45 AM »
I need some guidance if someone can help me. I am on my way to starting my own personal training business and I am going crazy trying to make the right decision on my logo for my business cards and flyers. Everyone knows the photo of the barbell with about 12 total 45 plates on it and the bar is bending pretty good. Well, I was going to have that with a outlined photo of one of the IFBB pro's under it. Not their faces or anything just the silhoutte of their body. Does anyone think I should also have a fit female standing next to him maybe military pressing some 5 pound beautybells so that I dont scare off the middle aged housewife who only sees this massive man holding 800 pounds over his head. I know that the middle aged housewife is the going to be my base in this town. Let me know!!! Peace and Train insane!!!!

my card...................(feel free to steal any ideas from it)

swatranger

• Getbig I
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 02:46:26 PM »
Good looking basic card. That is what I wanted. I have seen some cards that have about 200 words on them and that is not what I want. Thanks Bro!!!!!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
Good looking basic card. That is what I wanted. I have seen some cards that have about 200 words on them and that is not what I want. Thanks Bro!!!!!

no problem!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

Look around for a small store front.  I only pay 600 a month in rent.  A gym would take that much a month with nothing in return.  With the storefront you can do what I do.  Get em comming and going and with the right business plan a bank will loan yuu the roughly 30k you would need to set the place up right.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »

DO NOT put that bodybuiler guy on your card, please!!!!  Get something classy, something with bold colors and nice lines.  I can't imagine you're going to get too many dudes who want to train to get big.  Most people will want to lose weight and feel better.  Stick with a business plan and design geared towards them and their needs, save the BB mentality for the gym.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 01:40:03 PM »
All Apex products/supplements work in conjunction with each other, call it, a supplement system (marketing).  Each new member/client fills out a Vitamin Supplement Questionnaire, which pretty much asseses they're supplement needs (Gain weight, lose weight or maintain) and they're dietary restictions (low carb, anemic, pregnant, obese, etc) and prints out a specialized "shopping list" of supplements that will help in reaching their goal.  Give it to them, go over it with them and you're done. 

Also, they can buy all their supplements on the website, the catch is they need a username and password.  They have to use your gym's name and their designated passord so you get a cut of that as well.

finally, you can't buy Apex products at Walmart, GNC or Vitamin Shoppe, only Apex Certified Clubs.  This means that no one can undercut you on price and you pretty much have a stranglehold on your clients supplemetal needs.

Don't forget to mention the most important part about Apex Supplements.  They give you free inventory software designed to auto-order when you are running low on product.  I believe its along with the specialized forms customers fill out. 

If I ever run a gym, I'll definitely stock Apex
A

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 04:05:09 PM »
Hi all,
After a few weeks of being on GetBig, I finally got around to the other boards.

I am also a certifed PT.    I love all of the advice that I've read so far.

I am an independant.  I work out of Apollon Gym in NJ.  Pay the club $55. a month.  Charge clients $50.00 per session, $60.00 if I train in your home or outdoors.
Business flucuates.  Right now it is pretty good.

My business card is short and sweet.  For flyers, I use pics of people that work out in the gym or clients.  Nothing like a person that looks like you working out.  It lets beginners know that not everyone is perfect shape.
Sandra

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2006, 08:36:04 PM »
Hi all,
After a few weeks of being on GetBig, I finally got around to the other boards.

I am also a certifed PT.    I love all of the advice that I've read so far.

I am an independant.  I work out of Apollon Gym in NJ.  Pay the club $55. a month.  Charge clients $50.00 per session, $60.00 if I train in your home or outdoors.
Business flucuates.  Right now it is pretty good.

My business card is short and sweet.  For flyers, I use pics of people that work out in the gym or clients.  Nothing like a person that looks like you working out.  It lets beginners know that not everyone is perfect shape.
Sandra

I'd charge more for an In-home.  You lose the half hour before the session and the half hour after for travel time.  I always do at least 1 1/2 times my gym rate.  If you explain it that way, they usually understand. 

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 08:38:14 PM »

Don't forget to mention the most important part about Apex Supplements.  They give you free inventory software designed to auto-order when you are running low on product.  I believe its along with the specialized forms customers fill out. 

If I ever run a gym, I'll definitely stock Apex

Yes they do, but it always has you order too much, I think that's the point though. 

It is a very easy way to keep track of inventory, you can even sync it up with your Point of Sale software.