Author Topic: What age do you plan to retire?  (Read 8482 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
What age do you plan to retire?
« on: December 15, 2006, 09:03:07 PM »
????

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: What age do you plan to retire?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 12:46:38 AM »
I moved to Hawaii when I was 31. I basically was retired.  I had money and figured I could do a few commericals a month here and make easy money and live well.  After just a few months of seeing Hawaii is far from LA in terms of commercials and money being paid I saw I woudl be working again.  Then I had a goal of 40.  Mostly because of the hype I had and fed from Purely Hawaiian. And rightfully so I should have retired.  But didn't workout.  Now I am hoping 50.  If not that 55 for sure.  I don't work full time now as it is.  I kind of just do stuff and get paid.  Very close to getting this gym here and then everything will be cool.  I have been appointed the Director of Franchising for Temple Gym now so I do have a regular job.  But fun

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 10:56:49 AM »
40, for sure.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 11:38:25 PM »
40 is very young to retire isnt it?.. i'm hoping to retire by the time i'm 55.  that should provide ample time to save enough money to live off of.. takes a lot more money to retire than most people think

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:29:28 AM »
40 is very young to retire isnt it?.. i'm hoping to retire by the time i'm 55.  that should provide ample time to save enough money to live off of.. takes a lot more money to retire than most people think

I guess I'm doing okay in life to feel comfortable enough to say that. Things could change if I have kids, obviously.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »
35, no matter what. If i have to retire and live off the basics its better than working for another 20 years. So i guess it wouldnt be retiring, but not working anymore. It a decision i made for myself years ago.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 10:50:43 PM »
what are u gonna do after you retire?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:55 AM »
Whatever pleases me. Right now my brother and I run a small business thats taking off like crazy. Im hoping to bank on it in the next 5-10 years and get myself a solid financial base. When I retire I will smoke pot, have barbecues, play with cars, all the finer things in life. I really dont care, as long as im not working my life away.Work to live not live to work brotha. Have any suggestions on what i should do when i retire?

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:35:23 PM »
Unless something goes very wrong, around 55.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 07:40:29 AM »
Whatever pleases me. Right now my brother and I run a small business thats taking off like crazy. Im hoping to bank on it in the next 5-10 years and get myself a solid financial base. When I retire I will smoke pot, have barbecues, play with cars, all the finer things in life. I really dont care, as long as im not working my life away.Work to live not live to work brotha. Have any suggestions on what i should do when i retire?

LOL!  Awesome. sounds like fun.

I wanna be done working by 50.  I'd probably still check the stocks every AM and probably spend an hours or two a day making sure the people who took over my franchises aren't running it into the ground. 

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 09:36:04 PM »
a lot of people seem to retire.. then realize that they're bored outta their minds.

just find a job you love and it wont matter

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 09:32:47 AM »
Yesterday...

...seriously 55. However I could see myself working part-time for another 5-10 years after that just for something to do.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 08:03:40 AM »
i'd go crazy sitting at home forever

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:57:39 AM »
just find a job you love and it wont matter

Agreed. Easier said than done, but it can be done. My father loves his job and is still working at 66 years of age. Not sure when I want to retire, but I just want to be financially secure from 30 at most.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 11:26:09 AM »
I just have this problem of the daily grind of work. Its so boring. When i wake up in the morning what I plan to do is decided for me instead of me deciding what it is i wanna do that day for myself. I go to work and do what i need to do because i need money(captain obvious). Outside of that i have no drive for business, there is no satisfaction for me in being successful in that aspect of life. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 05:24:58 AM »
Hopefully about 55 or 60.

I work for the government so I've got a decent pension lined up and the mortgage will be paid by the time I'm 40 so retiring in my late 50's seems realistic if I want some decent money behind me to finance a home abroad in sunnier climes.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
If I'm not retired by 50, something went completely wrong with my entire life/career plan. 18 long years to go...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:45 AM »
If I'm not retired by 50, something went completely wrong with my entire life/career plan. 18 long years to go...
your right, if your not financially secure by 50, you fucked up somewhere along the way

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »
I think we first have to define retirement. {lol}
w

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »
as soon as my kids are out of college, and when i can tell them to go fuck themselves.

granted, first i have to get married and have kids.
Deep Tissue Massage

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 10:52:41 PM »
when you retire, you die.  that sounds so true.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:58:17 PM »
I remember when my dad retired.  I was one uear out of high school.  He ended up being so bored he opened up a hardware store in Running Springs, CA and also a recreation park in the mountains during the winter where they rented inner tubes of all sizes to go down the mountain.  It was pretty cool.  But he ended up working as much after being retired as he did when he worked.  He said he got bored.  Even though he deep sea fished all the time and was a rock hound.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »
when you retire, you die.  that sounds so true.

It is true. My old man is still going at it and he's almost 64. But.....Having a 12 year old son who's going to need financial support as he gets older maybe has something to with why he continues to work.

As you get older you need to stay active. People tend to die very prematurely when they become completely inactive post-retirement. Sure, I brag about retiring at 40 but truthfully, it will probably be around 50. And even then I intend to stay busy with a purpose.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »
I think when retiring and you are married is different than if you are single.  My dad retired and was bored because my mom still worked.  He wasn't the type of guy to just sit home and do nothing.  I am pretty sure thats why he started a new business (2).  It kept him busy but doing something he enjoyed and had fun with.  I think if both people are retired then its fun and they can travel and do what they want.

But, when you are single you can retire and go have fun and travel and do what you want anytime.  Thats why retiring at a young age is so desired.  And retiring at a young age would only be comfortable if you are making enough to do what you want when you want and not have to worry about 40 years later.  Thats where I made the mistake.  I had enough money to do what I wanted when I wanted and live great but didn't think about 10 years later.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
I will pretty much end up being semi-retired.  When I get to be 50, I still want to work but not as much.  I'll work my business 5 hours in the morning and play golf in the afternoon.  Weekends, I'll basically travel and do some seminars or something
A