Author Topic: online supplement website business  (Read 4595 times)

spiderman405

• Getbig II
online supplement website business
« on: December 19, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
is it profitable to do an online supplement website and work from your home?
Would i need alot of money to buy in bulk?

i am very limited on extra money and am at a dead end job and looking for a way out. I would open up a store if i had the money. i am going to look into getting a business loan.

what about an online website? i would just like some suggestions on this.

thanks

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: online supplement website business
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:44:07 AM »
I don't have a supplement business, but I own an office supply company.  I use a drop shipper, which means I sell the product and submit my orders to this company to ship.  They sell me the merchandise at wholesale prices, and do my billing for me.  When the comsumer pays, I get my order back to resell.  I'm sure it is a little different with supplements, but a drop shipper is good so you don't have to personally warehouse the stuff.

Hope that helps a little.
Most are all show no go!

spiderman405

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 08:36:29 AM »
thats a very interesting idea. i have never heard of a drop shipper. I looked it up on the web and understand more of it.

so what kind of companies would work with me like this?
would one like www.bodybuilding.com do this?

I could design a nice website and when the customer orders i place an order to bodybuilding.com????

what kind of companies would work with someone doing this???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »
I could design a nice website and when the customer orders i place an order to bodybuilding.com????

yes.   Find a web designer (like myself!) who will set up a nice website to showcase specific products you recommend, certain "stacks" (product combinations), free diet/training plans, maybe a members forum (where they pay $10 or 15 a month to ask questions which you answer on the members-only forum once a day.

When the user "adds to cart", it scoots you to the BBing.com website, and you get soemthing like 15% of the price.  They dump it in your paypal once a month.

Hit me up for more, ciscorob5@aol.com or www.300website.com

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 08:25:03 AM »
thats a very interesting idea. i have never heard of a drop shipper. I looked it up on the web and understand more of it.

Try American Bodybuilding too.  They actually are distributors as well I think.  The first step is to draw up a little business plan, website costs, seperate phone ect.  I would get as much info as you can, and walk into a drop shipper with it all together.  You may "I did" need to start a corporation, and get a tax id number and a resellers number.  go to www.sba.org i belive it is.  small business administration and there is a lot of stuff -guidance- too.  It all sounds complicated, but it isn't, it is actually fun once you start.  Keep on researching.
Most are all show no go!

spiderman405

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »
Try American Bodybuilding too.  They actually are distributors as well I think.  The first step is to draw up a little business plan, website costs, seperate phone ect.  I would get as much info as you can, and walk into a drop shipper with it all together.  You may "I did" need to start a corporation, and get a tax id number and a resellers number.  go to www.sba.org i belive it is.  small business administration and there is a lot of stuff -guidance- too.  It all sounds complicated, but it isn't, it is actually fun once you start.  Keep on researching.

thanks. I will do some more research.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 05:15:26 PM »
is it profitable to do an online supplement website and work from your home?
Would i need alot of money to buy in bulk?

i am very limited on extra money and am at a dead end job and looking for a way out. I would open up a store if i had the money. i am going to look into getting a business loan.

what about an online website? i would just like some suggestions on this.

thanks

If you get some good suppliers and take care of your customers then you can do very well in the online supplement business.  The key really is advertising and its good to send an email to your customers for monthly specials and something on paper like a flyer or newsletter ever 3-6 months. 

I basically don't do much for my business and I get checks in the mail every day and online orders.  Its pretty nice but I had to put a lot of work behind it in order to accomplish it
A

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »

If you get some good suppliers and take care of your customers then you can do very well in the online supplement business.  The key really is advertising and its good to send an email to your customers for monthly specials and something on paper like a flyer or newsletter ever 3-6 months. 

I basically don't do much for my business and I get checks in the mail every day and online orders.  Its pretty nice but I had to put a lot of work behind it in order to accomplish it

So you don't do much for your business yet you have to put a lot of work behind it?   ???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 08:38:28 PM »
So you don't do much for your business yet you have to put a lot of work behind it?   ???

please read again, dumass.  The word used is "had" as in the past tense of spending years developing relationships with distributors, doing market research, and taking care of my customers needs and problems. 
A

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 05:24:34 AM »

Dude, setup takes a helluva lot more work than maintaing a business.  24hr day's literally you're life for 6-12months.  I understand all of what he is saying.

Eat sleep drink shit f*)K your business till its up and running.
Most are all show no go!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 09:46:22 AM »
Dude, setup takes a helluva lot more work than maintaing a business.  24hr day's literally you're life for 6-12months.  I understand all of what he is saying.

Eat sleep drink shit f*)K your business till its up and running.

Yep, I didn't make an actual profit for at least 3 years.  The reason was I simply invested all the money I had back into the business.  By recycling the funds, it allows the business to grow much faster than spending up the profits. 

You have to make some sacrifices but its worth it.  I like getting checks in the mail for products and seeing new orders.  I have a database of all of my customers with all of their mailing and email information and I simply send out an email advertising my new deals.  That's it and it doesn't cost me any money to do
A

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 05:42:24 PM »

please read again, dumass.  The word used is "had" as in the past tense of spending years developing relationships with distributors, doing market research, and taking care of my customers needs and problems. 

Meltdown  ;D

p.s.  It's spelled dumbass...dumbass!!

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »

Most of the internet supplement companies do not carry any inventory at all. They only build the website and hire a supplement distributor to do the fullfillment. Bodybuilding.com does it and so does Europa. Bulk Nutrition, A1 supplement and a few more are all owned buy the same person/company. So, to answer your question? Yes.
The BBinsider

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 06:05:36 AM »
Most of the internet supplement companies do not carry any inventory at all. They only build the website and hire a supplement distributor to do the fullfillment. Bodybuilding.com does it and so does Europa. Bulk Nutrition, A1 supplement and a few more are all owned buy the same person/company. So, to answer your question? Yes.

That's what sets me apart.  I actually carry inventory so I can ship faster and give free shipping because of it and I keep more profit as well.  I'm actually about to redesign my store to where it will now become the main page and save me some time
A