Author Topic: Mike Tyson is old but in SHAPE - vs Jake Paul  (Read 2182 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Damn Mike Tyson is old but in SHAPE
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2024, 06:22:40 PM »
Tyson is  shell of his former self. He is old. Yes he can turn it on for a video for 15 seconds. Can Tyson fight a good journey man who has youth and endurance on his side?  I see Tyson gassing then getting tagged left and right. I doubt his reactions are still in tact.  Even his physique doesn't even look remotely close to how he looked. Tyson in retirement has gone on an alcohol and pot road. He says he has quit the alcohol finally but it's damage is done.  If Tyson doesn't win in a quick convincing manner it will elevate that journey man into something he's not. I just wish Jake would fight some current top five fighter in his weight class.

I too wish this fight weren't happening but unfortunately it's gonna generate a ton of dough.  For that, I'm happy for Mike and anyone on the undercard who benefits from it.  That being said, Jake should not be expected to fight a top 5 fighter yet.  After Tyson, I'd like to see him run it back with Tommy Fury.  If Jake wins there, than somebody in the top 20-25 would be a reasonable expectation. 

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2024, 09:11:44 PM »
Tyson is  shell of his former self. He is old. Yes he can turn it on for a video for 15 seconds. Can Tyson fight a good journey man who has youth and endurance on his side?  I see Tyson gassing then getting tagged left and right. I doubt his reactions are still in tact.  Even his physique doesn't even look remotely close to how he looked. Tyson in retirement has gone on an alcohol and pot road. He says he has quit the alcohol finally but it's damage is done.  If Tyson doesn't win in a quick convincing manner it will elevate that journey man into something he's not. I just wish Jake would fight some current top five fighter in his weight class.

Still he is going to destroy that white nerd. White people should stick to chess and leave sports to the animals.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2024, 09:54:37 PM »

So who will win...

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2024, 10:00:05 PM »
So who will win...

They include "Insta followers" as if it is a relevant metric...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2024, 03:23:41 AM »

Seriously, how fucking stupid is that.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2024, 03:22:11 PM »
It matters to the social media loving twats of today.
Seriously, how fucking stupid is that.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Tyson is old but in SHAPE - vs Jake Paul
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2024, 04:11:16 PM »
mike tyson quit is his last two real fights. the roy jones fight was a work.  roy jones was knocked out several times in his career and tyson never had him in trouble. it amazes me that people think that mike tyson  is the goat of hws  far from it. 

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2024, 04:49:42 PM »
Old, lol, he'd knock out every single getbigger on this board.
Who, Paul? Most likely!  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2024, 04:50:51 PM »
Here are some stats I found. Note Mike's age is incorrect. So who knows what else is wrong.

Edit - I just saw this is Logan Paul's stats. LMAO!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2024, 04:54:48 PM »
Jake's stats here when he was paired with Fury.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2024, 05:00:30 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/tyson-fury-reckons-mike-tyson-vs-jake-paul-pretty-even-fight-who-s-not-intrigued/ar-BB1kbhSB

Tyson Fury Reckons Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul ‘Pretty Even' Fight: ‘Who’s Not Intrigued?'

Not everybody is on board with Jake Paul's next fight, but Tyson Fury sure is.

After boxing YouTubers, UFC fighters, and pro boxers like Fury's brother, Tommy, Paul (9-1) now takes on an all-time great, who is far past his prime in Mike Tyson (50-6).

The announcement has gotten the attention of the world and concern emerges for Tyson as he will be 58 years old by the time he enters the ring against the much younger and faster Paul on July 20 in Dallas, TX.

As for WBC Heavyweight Champion Fury's thoughts on the controversial matchup, he sees a great opportunity for the sport to grow.

"I think it's fantastic for boxing," Fury told 'The Stomping Ground'. "You've got a legend in Mike Tyson. You've got a YouTube boxer [Jake Paul]. He has come into the game and blew it up and he's got millions of followers and millions of views and millions of eyes. Good, bad or indifferent. Some people love him, some people hate him. So, I think it's a really good spectacle for boxing. Brings a lot of people to the game."

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2024, 05:04:10 PM »
Still he is going to destroy that white nerd. White people should stick to chess and leave sports to the animals.
Fury vs Wilder, remember that?! You're full of shit!

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2024, 10:18:58 AM »
Fury vs Wilder, remember that?! You're full of shit!

This is great. Never been so happy to be proven wrong. White power.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2024, 07:28:16 AM »

Yup......  the world we live in .......  Sad

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2024, 01:52:52 PM »

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2024, 04:22:29 PM »
Tyson looks  fearless in those edited ticktock/YouTube /IG “shorts”.

In real life ?   Or Netflix life ?  We’ll see

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2024, 11:52:04 PM »
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/1890133/Conor-McGregor-Mike-Tyson-Jake-Paul-fight

Conor McGregor not alone in Mike Tyson concerns as Jake Paul accusation made

UFC superstar Conor McGregor ripped into the upcoming exhibition bout between Mike Tyson and Jake Paul - and Oscar De La Hoya has aired similar concerns.

Former world champion Oscar De La Hoya has criticised Jake Paul’s decision to fight Mike Tyson as he worries for the boxing icon amid concerns surrounding his age and health. Paul and Tyson are set to meet in a blockbuster exhibition bout this summer, fighting before 80,000 fans at AT&T Stadium as well as the millions due to tune into the event being streamed live on Netflix.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2024, 12:09:16 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2024, 12:22:42 AM »
Here are some stats I found. Note Mike's age is incorrect. So who knows what else is wrong.

Edit - I just saw this is Logan Paul's stats. LMAO!

Can we get pounds instead of stones?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2024, 07:21:14 AM »

I Don't see it quite that bad.

I thought Tyson gave up drinking years ago when he lost all that weight and really started heavily smoking weed.

I would say that smoking weed would be problematic but he does still train boxing. He went 6 rounds with Roy Jones Jr a few years ago and wasn't completely gassed.

So, I see this fight being similar to the RJJ farce, there's probably a handshake agreement to pull their punches. It will go the distance and result in a draw. I don't follow Jake Paul. Ive seen some of his highlights.  He's not a terrible boxer. He's beaten guys who were professional fighters and even mma champions. The only boxers he actually fought were undersized and the one, Tommy Fury, actually beat him
 Tommy is a light heavyweight and Paul fights around 190 - 200 lbs, i think? His proportions make him look larger than he really is. Id guess Tyson is probably around 210 - 215. He doesn't have the same muscle as his youth, where he weighed around 220 -225 but he's still muscled.

As an older fighter it's fairly easy to look impressive in training.  Hitting the bag, hitting the pads, skipping rope etc... but the reflexes/reaction time is different,  joints are stiff, the punch resistance and overall shock absorption are totally different. Notice Mike isn't doing any actual sparing?

In summary:

It's hard to know how much Mike has left. He still trains but smokes weed and is 58 years old.

Paul isn't great but he also isn't an entirely bad boxer either. He may actually be smaller than Mike.

In order to continue for each to make money/save face, expect a scripted waltz with manufactured drama and an amenable result for both.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2024, 07:27:50 AM »
I Don't see it quite that bad.

I thought Tyson gave up drinking years ago when he lost all that weight and really started heavily smoking weed.

I would say that smoking weed would be problematic but he does still train boxing. He went 6 rounds with Roy Jones Jr a few years ago and wasn't completely gassed.

So, I see this fight being similar to the RJJ farce, there's probably a handshake agreement to pull their punches. It will go the distance and result in a draw. I don't follow Jake Paul. Ive seen some of his highlights.  He's not a terrible boxer. He's beaten guys who were professional fighters and even mma champions. The only boxers he actually fought were undersized and the one, Tommy Fury, actually beat him
 Tommy is a light heavyweight and Paul fights around 190 - 200 lbs, i think? His proportions make him look larger than he really is. Id guess Tyson is probably around 210 - 215. He doesn't have the same muscle as his youth, where he weighed around 220 -225 but he's still muscled.

As an older fighter it's fairly easy to look impressive in training.  Hitting the bag, hitting the pads, skipping rope etc... but the reflexes/reaction time is different,  joints are stiff, the punch resistance and overall shock absorption are totally different. Notice Mike isn't doing any actual sparing?

In summary:

It's hard to know how much Mike has left. He still trains but smokes weed and is 58 years old.

Paul isn't great but he also isn't an entirely bad boxer either. He may actually be smaller than Mike.

In order to continue for each to make money/save face, expect a scripted waltz with manufactured drama and an amenable result for both.
I still love that interview where the other black man reminded him he is a convicted rapist (if he really did it i don´t know) but he was convicted.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2024, 07:50:47 AM »
I still love that interview where the other black man reminded him he is a convicted rapist (if he really did it i don´t know) but he was convicted.

Ha! Yeah, that was crazy. His manager was caught somewhere "this is great for the promotion!" And "Holy shit! WTF is Mike saying right now!?"

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2024, 07:52:19 AM »
mike tyson quit is his last two real fights. the roy jones fight was a work.  roy jones was knocked out several times in his career and tyson never had him in trouble. it amazes me that people think that mike tyson  is the goat of hws  far from it.

That is not true it was an exhibition between two guys who respected each other. Tyson and JP do not respect each other. JP wants to get a highlight KO on Mike and Mike knows it. His only defense is to KO JP. The big difference is Tyson mindset he didnt want to be fighting his last couple real fights. He wasn't having fun against Roy. Now he is having fun and he wants to fight that is a big problem for JP.

rick doot

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2024, 08:03:06 AM »
I hope that Mike batters the count.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2024, 08:17:31 AM »
Ha! Yeah, that was crazy. His manager was caught somewhere "this is great for the promotion!" And "Holy shit! WTF is Mike saying right now!?"

Matt le Blanc was Tysons promoter?