Author Topic: Some Call for HBO Boycott in Wake of Bill Maher's Derisive Tweet About Tim Tebow  (Read 9632 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
So you did see Maher show no respect for Francis Collins.  Collins on the other hand was very respectful and nice to Maher.

Maher showed no respect for those truckers and did nothing but ridicule and aggravate them.  The preacher on the other hand was very nice to him.

The priest from the Vatican was being very critical of other Christians and of the Church.  Of course Maher liked this priest.

Yes, we saw the same thing. 

Apparently you missed the part where Maher said to the truckers thank you for being "Christ Like" and not just calling yourselves "Christians".

You consider this "No Respect"?

Wow... We must interpret things differently.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Apparently you missed the part where Maher said to the truckers thank you for being "Christ Like" and not just calling yourselves "Christians".

You consider this "No Respect"?

Wow... We must interpret things differently.
lol bro for every one and there probably arent many vids like this there are 10 to counter it.

Its obvious that his tweet wasnt out of respect for tebow, just give it a rest

again, who is mahr to determine what is "christ" like and what isnt?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The bold words are vague. This conversation is going to go nowhere until someone defines that stuff in more detail. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

All you have to do is watch about 10 minutes of that idiot to know he hates Christianity.  The fact he praised 911 terrorists doesn't help his cause either. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
lol bro for every one and there probably arent many vids like this there are 10 to counter it.

Its obvious that his tweet wasnt out of respect for tebow, just give it a rest

again, who is mahr to determine what is "christ" like and what isnt?

I think we are all capable of understanding what is "Christ like".

I feel very comfortable in saying that I've read enough of the gospels to understand what is "Christ Like".

Of course I don't consider myself Christ like, but then I don't claim to be.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
All you have to do is watch about 10 minutes of that idiot to know he hates Christianity.  The fact he praised 911 terrorists doesn't help his cause either. 

Everything you just typed can be true, and my point still stands. Going back and forth saying something is "nice" or "rude" or "hateful" or "kind", etc is pointless unless something specific is brought in and words are given precise definitions. That's like 2 people arguing whether something is orange or red when it is in between being clearly red and being clearly orange.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Everything you just typed can be true, and my point still stands. Going back and forth saying something is "nice" or "rude" or "hateful" or "kind", etc is pointless unless something specific is brought in and words are given precise definitions. That's like 2 people arguing whether something is orange or red when it is in between being clearly red and being clearly orange.
your professors have pumped you full of the post modern bull shit magoo, either that or youre just trying to be a smart ass.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Stop telling this bold lie Mark... he did not praise them.

He said they were not cowardly... To put your life on the line for a cause is NOT cowardly... That's a fact.

You don't like what they did, and neither do I, but stop fucking lying. It just makes you a bigger asshole.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

::)

This post makes absolutely no sense.

Please define:

"Everything"
"Typed"
"are"
"stands"
"forth"
"or"
"unless"

and

"something"

Until I see some hard definitions from your douchebag ass, your post is nothing more than meaningless dribble, not fit to grace the pages of the political board.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

To put your life on the line for a cause is NOT cowardly... That's a fact.

Bullshit...that's OPINION.

I think people who commit suicide are cowardly.  Living is hard.  Living is tough.  Killing yourself...and in this case, taking others with you...is cowardly.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V

::)

This post makes absolutely no sense.

Please define:

"Everything"
"Typed"
"are"
"stands"
"forth"
"or"
"unless"

and

"something"

Until I see some hard definitions from your douchebag ass, your post is nothing more than meaningless dribble, not fit to grace the pages of the political board.

do you know what vagueness means? I was talking about the problem of vagueness in language (in this thread as it applies to arguments). Cute try though.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Bullshit...that's OPINION.

I think people who commit suicide are cowardly.  Living is hard.  Living is tough.  Killing yourself...and in this case, taking others with you...is cowardly.

What the hell are you willing to die for?

I can name 2 maybe 3 things on this EARTH... and 2 of them are my kids... so no... it takes a lot of strength and courage to die for something you believe in.

Sorry dude.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
your professors have pumped you full of the post modern bull shit magoo, either that or youre just trying to be a smart ass.

I don't think you know what post modernism is. I hate post modernism. The art is crappy and the books suck. I was trying to help along the argument by pointing out the problem that vague words pose for this thread. Those two guys (i don't care enough to see who it was) could go back and forth for hours saying something was "nice" or "mean" or "rude" or "generous", etc.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
do you know what vagueness means? I was talking about the problem of vagueness in language (in this thread as it applies to arguments). Cute try though.

More incomprehensible dribble.

Please define:

"you"
"talking"
"problem"
"in"
"this"
"Cute"

and

"though"

Until then, you're just not making any sense.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
What the hell are you willing to die for?

I can name 2 maybe 3 things on this EARTH... and 2 of them are my kids... so no... it takes a lot of strength and courage to die for something you believe in.

Sorry dude.

I don't agree, ME's don't even have the same values on life we do, and doesn't change the fact that it's your OPINION.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

I don't agree, ME's don't even have the same values on life we do, and doesn't change the fact that it's your OPINION.

Ok Skip... Well in MY OPINION, it's not cowardly at all to die for what you believe in.

Do you think that people who fight in wars for what they believe in are also cowards?

Well, ok then... I'll tack on everyone that fought in pretty much every war ever, knowing they were most likely going to die a coward.

Nice to understand your stance on this.

Or is this one of those double standard things? It's only brave if the cause is also what YOU believe in?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Ok Skip... Well in MY OPINION, it's not cowardly at all to die for what you believe in.

Do you think that people who fight in wars for what they believe in are also cowards?

Well, ok then... I'll tack on everyone that fought in pretty much every war ever, knowing they were most likely going to die a coward.

Nice to understand your stance on this.

Or is this one of those double standard things? It's only brave if the cause is also what YOU believe in?

Oh brother...somebody doesn't agree with Tu so he starts acting like a child.

Grow up.

Then we'll discuss.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I think the smarter you are - the less likely you are to pledge your allegience and purpose for being to a book written by mortal men.

The smarter you are, the more you realize we humans really don't know much about how we got here and where we go when we die.

Nothing wrong with saying "I don't know the answer..."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Oh brother...somebody doesn't agree with Tu so he starts acting like a child.

Grow up.

Then we'll discuss.

I will consider your response the equivalent of "but, but, but".

My points are quite valid, but I guess you don't like them.

Quite sad, I thought you were better than that.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I will consider your response the equivalent of "but, but, but".

My points are quite valid, but I guess you don't like them.

Quite sad, I thought you were better than that.

Blah, blah, blah.

Grow up

Then we'll discuss.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't think you know what post modernism is. I hate post modernism. The art is crappy and the books suck. I was trying to help along the argument by pointing out the problem that vague words pose for this thread. Those two guys (i don't care enough to see who it was) could go back and forth for hours saying something was "nice" or "mean" or "rude" or "generous", etc.
post modernism is more than mere art and books is a way of thinking and your posts are saturated in it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Blah, blah, blah.

Grow up

Then we'll discuss.

That's what I thought.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
post modernism is more than mere art and books is a way of thinking and your posts are saturated in it.

actually it's more liberalism, some egalitarianism, and logic.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Everything I typed IS true.  He clearly hates Christianity and he praised 911 terrorists. 

Some words should be defined given the context their using, but I think you know what is being discussed here about that idiot Bill Maher.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Everything I typed IS true.  He clearly hates Christianity and he praised 911 terrorists. 

Some words should be defined given the context their using, but I think you know what is being discussed here about that idiot Bill Maher.

Liar!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Some words should be defined given the context their using.

Eh, that whole interpretation thing is a lot more subjective than objective.