Author Topic: Larry Craig is a smug man  (Read 1052 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Larry Craig is a smug man
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:16:20 AM »
he's cocky and smug in the NBC interview with Matt Lauer.

and his wife is even smugger than he is.

Some women are incredibly stupid.

Mons Venus

Re: Larry Craig is a smug man
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 04:49:36 AM »
And some men are incredibly gay.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »
And now he's making himself out to be a victim.

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH HHAAAAAAAAAAA

I absolutely love watching these moron Christian Conservatives that run on family first and anti-homosexual platforms get humiliated for being closet gays.

The best part of all this is he tried to cover it all up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwx8sV1LV1A

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:24:59 PM »
He and his wife are so deep in denial . . . it was painful to watch  :'(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21303825/

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 07:56:35 AM »

Matt threw some good questions his way: "You say you're not gay.  Is it possible that you're bi-sexual?"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »
Matt threw some good questions his way: "You say you're not gay.  Is it possible that you're bi-sexual?"

Actually, the consensus is that Matt Lauer did a very poor job in that interview.

NBC's Matt Lauer, Making the Least Of an Opportunity
By Tom Shales

One thing, at least, was made painfully clear by Matt Lauer's interview with Sen. Larry Craig on NBC last night: Matt Lauer is no Mike Wallace. Lauer was anything but hard-hitting or confrontational with the Idaho Republican, arrested in June for alleged homosexual solicitation in a Minneapolis airport men's room.

For Lauer, self-important co-host of NBC's "Today" show, the interview was obviously seen as a potential career- and credibility-builder, but even when he did ask an arguably tough question, he essentially apologized for it. He prefaced a question about whether the senator might be bisexual by saying to Craig, "You're going to have to forgive me for this."

What? This is a journalist practicing journalism? Lauer's like a virgin veteran, an old hand who seems inexperienced. Diane Sawyer, to name one example, would have done a much better interview. Anyone on "60 Minutes," Wallace or another member of the vaunted team, would have done a better one. Lauer's former "Today" co-host, the much-maligned Katie Couric, also would likely have done a more effective job.

Craig -- seated on a couch in what looked like the family den next to his wife, Suzanne -- pleaded guilty to nothing during the interview except having pleaded guilty (to "disrupting the peace") in the first place. "It was a very, very big mistake," he said of his hasty decision to enter the plea to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct. He should have called his lawyer immediately, he said: "I sought no counsel. I made a very big mistake."

Lauer wore his concerned, caring face throughout the interview, but he appeared to be an actor in a role, with every facial expression, gesture and use of props (a pair of glasses, a pen) calculated for effect. Craig was less than convincing in his denials, even if the airport incident did sound, as it has from the beginning, like a case of entrapment . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/16/AR2007101602494.html?nav=hcmodule

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 03:52:54 PM »

I can't imagine Mike Wallace even using the term 'bi-sexual', let alone attempting to engage anyone in a conversation about it.

I'm ok with him prefacing the question with an apology - Craig is still a U.S. senator and I'm ok with Lauer affording his office some small level of respect. 

The guilty plea, clearly entrapment, but I cannot understand why he never contacted an attorney...unless he had something to hide.