Author Topic: Jehovah's witnesses  (Read 4524 times)

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
Jehovah's witnesses
« on: October 28, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »
I spoke with a couple of JWs this morning. We discussed ebola and Isis and Obama. The JWs showed me some verses from The Book Of Daniel that prophesied these events thousands of years ago. The JWs know the score.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Jehovah's witnesses
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »
I once opened the door straight out of a dead sleep at 11:30 am, no shave for 4 days, in a dog hair covered robe that had no belt so had to be held closed with a sort of Napoleon pose.  Halfway through the conversation I discovered good sized puddle of drool under my mouth which I wiped off with the free arm of the robe that held The Watchtower and then I had to swap The Watchtower to the Napoleon arm so the drool arm could return to pick dog hairs out of my mouth.  They didn't even blink.  These people have seen some shit.  I bet they all meet up in the evening and trade freak-of-the-day stories.  I like to think I'm remembered as Dog Man of Alcatraz.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »
my pitbull used to like to chase jehovah witnesses down the street back in the day,it was a very fun game for my pit.let me tell u guys something about watching a 82 lady running full speed with a huge pitbull after her ass,its very entertaining to say the least
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
Jehovah's witnesses are harmless good people. They are a very closed religious group. They tend to keep to their own and marry their own. I think the religion was started by a guy who sold hats in the 40's. They believe everything in the bible should be interpreted literally. They are Christians with small differences from other Christian religions that they put all their energy into. Like Jesus's real name was Jehovah. Jesus had short hair. Heaven will be made on earth and only Jehovah witnesses will be saved.

yes oldtimer u r correct,the only thing i didnt like was when i went to the kingdom hall where they meet and worship.there where all these dudes in the parking lot before the service all asking eachother about their cars and bragging about the stereo systems they got put in and the extra features ???dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with being proud of your car but i dont think church is the place to be worshipping materialistic things.this was in 98 and i had a 84 280ZX and i can see a smirk on acouple of their faces kinda saying what a loser i was when i told them my year of the car, it was clear as day. ok i can accept that i might not be a huge success in life but i always thought church was the one place where people didnt care what u have or what u done in your life, im sure GOD aint exactly proud of those people representing his name
R

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
Jehovah's witnesses are harmless good people. They are a very closed religious group. They tend to keep to their own and marry their own. I think the religion was started by a guy who sold hats in the 40's. They believe everything in the bible should be interpreted literally. They are Christians with small differences from other Christian religions that they put all their energy into. Like Jesus's real name was Jehovah. Jesus had short hair. Heaven will be made on earth and only Jehovah witnesses will be saved.

They do not believe Jesus is Jehovah...They believe Jesus is Jehovah's son...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
I know a former Jehovah's Witness. He's been excommunicated now and has told me a lot about them. Seemed quite sinister to what he described.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
I know a former Jehovah's Witness. He's been excommunicated now and has told me a lot about them. Seemed quite sinister to what he described.

he was telling u the truth bro,they r about money period
R

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 11:04:28 AM »
he was telling u the truth bro,they r about money period

Yeah, he mentioned the financial side of it - the guys at the top (or elders) are very wealthy (suprise surprise).
However, the way he described the everyday routine, it seemed more like a school - members would have to write regular reports on how much evangelism they did and would get marked for it. Poor marks will lead to disciplinary action.
Also, if you leave, you get excommunicated and members are told not to speak to you.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
I once opened the door straight out of a dead sleep at 11:30 am, no shave for 4 days, in a dog hair covered robe that had no belt so had to be held closed with a sort of Napoleon pose.  Halfway through the conversation I discovered good sized puddle of drool under my mouth which I wiped off with the free arm of the robe that held The Watchtower and then I had to swap The Watchtower to the Napoleon arm so the drool arm could return to pick dog hairs out of my mouth.  They didn't even blink.  These people have seen some shit.  I bet they all meet up in the evening and trade freak-of-the-day stories.  I like to think I'm remembered as Dog Man of Alcatraz.
You're not the only Getbigger that enjoys a robe thrown recklessly open, I can tell you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »
I disagree with you. I typed a long explanation but then I thought it would be insulting to your beliefs. I will leave this thread.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »
Mormons bro, Mormons...

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »
I spoke with a couple of JWs this morning. We discussed ebola and Isis and Obama. The JWs showed me some verses from The Book Of Daniel that prophesied these events thousands of years ago. The JWs know the score.
I Don't know why People Condemn/demonize JWs and call them FAKE/FALSE believers/followers.A JW came to my house about 2 or 3 years ago, but at the time I wasn't to FOND of GOD. How is going out into the world and sharing Scripture being FAKE/FALSE Believer/follower ????

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 05:00:42 PM »
Yeah, he mentioned the financial side of it - the guys at the top (or elders) are very wealthy (suprise surprise).
However, the way he described the everyday routine, it seemed more like a school - members would have to write regular reports on how much evangelism they did and would get marked for it. Poor marks will lead to disciplinary action.
Also, if you leave, you get excommunicated and members are told not to speak to you.
only the top guys at the watchtower have everything provided for them

elders have to work like everyone

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
I go into lockdown when I see guys in suits get out of a toyota on a hot summer day.  How come these people stay out of rich joo neighborhoods?

SchmoeTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »
because all religions prey on the poor, desperate and uneducated. Easy sell

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:09 AM »
You're not the only Getbigger that enjoys a robe thrown recklessly open, I can tell you.

I've been down the park a lot practicing my Front Double Unfurling in anticipation of this year's Basile Invitational.  This time the Golden Trenchcoat is coming home with me!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:13 AM »
Yup, any 'church' that practises shunning of ex members is not the real deal.

My last church (pentecostal) I had friends for up to 10 years, who refused to talk to me when I moved to another church?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:11 AM »
Yup, any 'church' that practises shunning of ex members is not the real deal.

My last church (pentecostal) I had friends for up to 10 years, who refused to talk to me when I moved to another church?

They may be jealous of your muscles and using church as an excuse Big Cyp.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 06:08:46 AM »
They may be jealous of your muscles and using church as an excuse Big Cyp.

Shit I never thought of that.

It's like when Shizzo got banned from family gatherings and they told him it wasn't because they hated him, they only hated his drinking. People are snakes man

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 08:21:23 AM »
Shit I never thought of that.

It's like when Shizzo got banned from family gatherings and they told him it wasn't because they hated him, they only hated his drinking. People are snakes man

Yes it's not uncommon for small men to be like "God says we can't be friends anymore sorry" when in reality they are insecure over their lack of jawline and weak, flaccid limbs.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
Yes it's not uncommon for small men to be like "God says we can't be friends anymore sorry" when in reality they are insecure over their lack of jawline and weak, flaccid limbs.

I know right? People should leave their insecurities in the church car park and let big men praise God freely.

I was even so consious of my bulging arms, that I didn't lift up my hands in the worship like the smaller guys - didn't want to do a sunday morning Sergio and throw everyone off rythm.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »
Couple of years ago i was visiting a friend when they knocked at the doot..my friend was in the shower so i played that i lived there and was very interested to join jehovas and gpt some broschures and they asked if i want to habe them back so they can have a lecture about jehovas and ssked me to bring friends.  My friend was not happy, she wanted to kill me cause after 2weeks 6-8 jehovas stood behind the door with lots of books and stuff to show and they didnt give up when she told them that it wasnt my apartmentm came back alot of times to see if i was there lol

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:21 PM »
They do not believe Jesus is Jehovah...They believe Jesus is Jehovah's son...
[/quot

Let' see what the scripture says....

John 17 (actually read it, don't do a word search),

Matthew 7:21 - "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32 - "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.

Matthew 11:27 - "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Matthew 26:53 - Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

John 8:54 - Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

John 20:17 - Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 08:13:12 PM »
Jehovah is known through many cultures history to be god's name. Most bible translations have it removed completely and replaced with titles like god or lord. Psalm 83:18 is a popular scripture that has god basically telling everyone what his name is. Old king James has is in there but the new king James bible takes it out...

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 12:49:48 AM »
Being raised since age of 5 as a JW I find a lot of these post hilarious... especially the ignorant ones who are posting out of hearsay vs. actual knowledge.