Author Topic: Why are conservatives happier than liberals?  (Read 6982 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Why are conservatives happier than liberals?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »
i have a conservative friend who makes me look like a clinton. he has no money, but is the happiest guy alive. doesnt look at anyone with jealousy, and hes contempt with the choices he's made, like not going to college.

you have this concept wrong. conservative are contempt with what other choose. they do not believe life is unfair, like a liberal.

KH - so you're saying that your conservative friend is filled with self-loathing over his choices in life and that conservatives in general have scorn and disdain for the choices of others??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
What you just wrote is precisly the reason I left Catholisism. All that time going to Catholic schools and that's what they taught you?
Many people are positive that they are saved.  They base this on emotions.  They may make certain comments, such as, "I am a good person.  I do what is right.  I’m not as bad as that other person.  I had an experience with God.  I feel that I am saved.  I can feel God is with me.  I know the Holy Spirit is inside of me.  I am a preacher, or an elder, or a prophet.  I am a preacher’s wife.  I have prayed, and God answered my prayer.  I believe in God.  God did this or that for me.  I sing to God.  I sing in the choir.  I go to church.  I praise and worship God.  I give my money to the church.  I was baptized."   While all of this sounds very nice, it is not based upon biblical knowledge.   Many people, who are now in hell, have said such things.  The Pharisees in the New Testament also could have said many of these things, but Jesus showed them clearly they were not saved.
FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.  FOR WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS UNTO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM-Eph 2:8-10.

I was saved at that camp.  I accepted Him as my savior.  And I agree God is the one at the steering wheel as far as what happens next.  We control naught.  We can only do what we think is right in this confusing world, and know that He decides what happens.

It's funny though, that we as man, make such bold predictions as to KNOW what is next.  We simply do not.  We can follow rules, even though they are often vague and contradictory and all well-intentioned.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »
sorry pal, but conservatives are usually more wealthy then liberals like yourself. 95% of the wealthy people i know are conservative. they want to keep their money, not like liberals who demand want isnt theirs.

you have this concept wrong. conservative are contempt with what other choose. they do not believe life is unfair, like a liberal.

You keep using this word instead of content.  In your examples its appropiate.

Straw, keeps trying to point this out.... ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 01:10:32 PM »
man-defined flavor of religion.

Hit the nail on the head!
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »
Many people, who are now in hell, have said such things.

LOL Literally!!!
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
IMHO conservatives are 2X happier than liberals because they not only get to fvck their wives, they also get to fvck their boyfriends.  :-*

Some congressmen like Mark Foley (R) just like to hear about the physiques and misadventures of 16-year old soccor playing intern boys.

What's so bad about that?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2008, 02:16:37 PM »
IMHO conservatives are 2X happier than liberals because they not only get to fvck their wives, they also get to fvck their boyfriends.  :-*

NT
i havent been following are you saying you are bi

OneBigMan

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »
Some of you might not like me saying this in any type of revealing way, but I think conservatives live with their happy feelings of self empowerment because they have a better understanding of the american society and they have the sophisticated  background to know about all "the ins and outs" so to speak about earning a living inside a united states that does not always function according to all the slogans that promote the idea BUYING into and believing in the great AMERICAN DREAM.

I'm not saying that to leave the impression that I'm some type of VERY AMERICAN affluent type of pure person that lives based on only super suburban standards. The reason why I did is to let any of you regular message board posters to know that "complete conservatives" live with their FREEDOM and a special identity that gives them the status they have always had.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
Yeah, there are 2 flavors of 'conservative' - they need to be differntiated.

You have the neoconservatives, and you have the constitutional repubs.

Neo - loves patriot act.
Const - hates patriot act.

Neo - believes in US presence in many countries
Const - does not - and hates nationbuilding too.

Neo - loves big beaucratic organizations like homeland
Const- prefers small fed involvement, with more power at state/local level

neo- currently borrowing $1Tril per year
Const- wants to cut spending on many levels and stop borrowing.

I think most conservatives here will be a mixture.  You cannot just say "I'm a conservative!" without recognizing the 2 main flavors of republican/conservative that exist. 

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
RonPaulfan.....I thought that was pretty funny myself..LOL!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
RonPaulfan.....I thought that was pretty funny myself..LOL!!

joe, from the list above, would you consider yourself more neoconservative, or constitutionalist?  (Keep in mind it's perfectly normal for there to be two flavors of one party - the Dems also have the hawks and the anti-war divisions)

OneBigMan

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »

Neo - loves patriot act.

I think most conservatives here will be a mixture.  You cannot just say "I'm a conservative!" without recognizing the 2 main flavors of republican/conservative that exist. 

Sometimes I don't believe there is a perfect conservative or a perfect republican. Maybe some conservatives are a mixture of good and bad. The 2 flavors of "the conservative movement" are sophisticated and the difference isn't or is very substantial. They know themselves better than anyone who isn't one of them and that's what makes them want to be so patriotic and give off a very uneasy feeling to certain types of "Clinton-loving democrats".

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
joe, from the list above, would you consider yourself more neoconservative, or constitutionalist?  (Keep in mind it's perfectly normal for there to be two flavors of one party - the Dems also have the hawks and the anti-war divisions)

True. things arent so cut and dried anymore.  A third party could happen easily.  Certain conservatives and dems are not far apart.

Joes definitly a neo con.  He blindly follows as hes told and believes what hes told at all times........not a true republican at all.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 04:38:56 PM »

tell that to hollywood and wall street.  ???

NT

get the fuck out. you dont know shit if you think wall street isnt dominated by republicans.

hollywood? ok you can have those wack jobs

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »
get the fuck out. you dont know shit if you think wall street isnt dominated by republicans.

hollywood? ok you can have those wack jobs

Biggest Banks are owned by the Jews.  The market guys just work for them.  Think a little higher next time.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2008, 04:58:34 PM »

Biggest Banks are owned by the Jews. 

Who are predominantly liberal in this country..  sad but true.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »

Biggest Banks are owned by the Jews.  The market guys just work for them.  Think a little higher next time.

jews are as conservative as it gets whhen it comes to money. do you even know a jewish person?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »

Neo - loves patriot act.

There are also the social conservatives who vote Republican because they've been conditioned to believe that the Republicans share their beliefs on abortion and gays.   Large portions of this crowd are dumb as dirt and don't make much money.   

It's a big tent - all it requires is rationalization or even easier, ignorance.

OneBigMan

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »
Another large portion of this crowd is the type of people that watch C-SPAN all weekend long when the House and the Senate are not in session when the Capitol Hill cameras are turned off.

Try watching that network for one full weekend like you are pretending to enjoy watching a C-SPAN MARATHON.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »
Another large portion of this crowd is the type of people that watch C-SPAN all weekend long when the House and the Senate are not in session when the Capitol Hill cameras are turned off.

Try watching that network for one full weekend like you are pretending to enjoy watching a C-SPAN MARATHON.

If you're referring the social conservative crowd I think it's more likely that they would spend their weekend watching a Dukes of Hazard marathon

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
May 9, 2008
Why are conservatives happier than liberals?
Posted: 02:04 PM ET

FROM CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

Conservatives are happier than liberals.

A study published in the journal “Psychological Science” says it’s because conservatives are better at rationalizing inequalities.

Regardless of someone’s income, marital status or church attendance, people with right-wing ideologies report greater satisfaction with their lives than those with left-wing beliefs. Researchers found that conservatives also score highest when it comes to the ability to justify inequalities.

For example, a conservative might support the idea of a meritocracy – that if you work hard and perform well, you’ll move up the economic ladder… and if you don’t, you probably won’t. But the study shows liberals tend to be troubled by this. Inequalities take a greater psychological toll on liberals, apparently because they can’t rationalize away the gaps in society and thus end up more frustrated by them.

The study goes on to say that this research can be applied to areas other than economic inequalities. One example is that feminists may not be as happy in their marriages as more traditional women because they’re frustrated with the division of domestic chores.

These latest results go along with a Pew poll from 2006. It found 47% of conservative Republicans described themselves as “very happy”, compared to only 28% of liberal Democrats who felt that way.

This, then, is our burnt offering for a rainy Friday.

Here’s my question to you: A new study says conservatives are happier than liberals. Why?

Tune in to the Situation Room at 6pm to see if Jack reads your answer on air.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/09/why-are-conservatives-happier-than-liberals/

Ran across this story on the net (again) and recalled posted this story a while back.  I wonder if the results would be different if the study was done in today's climate? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2009, 02:10:40 PM »
Libs go around pretending to care about minorities and social injustice, while the rest of us either don't care (me) or worry only about what they can take care of.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »
Judging from the whining and crying by the conservatives here, I say the entire "study" is bunk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 10:22:21 AM »
I was listening to Rush yesterday in the car.  He cited a study saying Men of anger were often overweight.  he said that's why many repubs are "fat white guys", and many dems are the skinny, alan alda looking type.

hannity, Rush, both angry conservatives who are overweight.

Mathews and Olbermann, both lean and skinny liberals who aren't angry.

You can make your own determination. It was rush himself who said that's why many republicans are overweight - becuase they're angry and driven to somethign better than the handout mentality.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:25 AM »
Im still waiting for you to defend cap & trade and card check.