Author Topic: UFC 74 fights and rumours  (Read 1709 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
UFC 74 fights and rumours
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »
GSP looks like he will be up for a good fight as he will be going against Josh Koscheck, IMO look for the winner to face the champion at UFC 76

Couture vs. Gonzaga is the main event for the HW title, Gonzaga had really surprised me after his Cro-cop demolition and nothing he does will surprise me again. Could be a new champion and a mangled randy after it

Tim Sylvia looks like hes got a chance of redemption against a very average and disappointing Frank Mir, seriously why does Dana still hand him fights? No doubt that the winner will face Andre/Nog for the number 1 contendership

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino should be a good fight, im picking Joe to win
Scouser on Tour

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: UFC 74 fights and rumours
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »
Tim & Frank ::)  That's so fooking weak!  They should let Cro-cop unleash on Tim or even Vera.

GSP will demolish "Kos".
w

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »
Tim & Frank ::)  That's so fooking weak!  They should let Cro-cop unleash on Tim or even Vera.

GSP will demolish "Kos".

You honestly think that Dana would let Crocop just kill Tim.. I think Dana likes that fag or something. Randy I hope keeps his belt.. Shit I don't want Gonzaga to be champ.. He isnt a very exciting champ in my opinion. But we shall see what happens..

I just hope that both Mir and Tim both knock each other out... I cant stand either one of those guys..

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:37:14 AM »
I actually liked the old Frank.  Anyone who snaps Tim's arm in half is a stud in my book.  He just hasn't been the same since the accident...
w

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »
agreed, Tim was a big fish in a small pond but now he will be relegated way down the rankings in UFC. You have Nog, Randy, Gonzaga, Crocop (im still shocked at how he lost!), Werdum (if he comes to fight) above him already. I dont see him beating any of those guys any time soon. If the Texas Crazy Horse can recapture his old self and stay injury free he could even push the top 3 guys for a good fight

Frank is finished, has been a wash up since his crash. I give him huge props for getting back in the ring but he should have stayed retired. hes lazy, fat, out of sorts and has no gameplan in the ring. The golden boy of old has long died

:'(
Scouser on Tour

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:43 AM »
agreed, Tim was a big fish in a small pond but now he will be relegated way down the rankings in UFC. You have Nog, Randy, Gonzaga, Crocop (im still shocked at how he lost!), Werdum (if he comes to fight) above him already. I dont see him beating any of those guys any time soon. If the Texas Crazy Horse can recapture his old self and stay injury free he could even push the top 3 guys for a good fight

Frank is finished, has been a wash up since his crash. I give him huge props for getting back in the ring but he should have stayed retired. hes lazy, fat, out of sorts and has no gameplan in the ring. The golden boy of old has long died

Agreed a 100%

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »
Dana kills me with Vera!  Why the hell won't he let him fight someone good.  IMO, the guy has skills and I think he takes Tim's head off and probably beats Andre'!  Am i out of line?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 06:20:24 AM »

It is a shame about Mir.  Its hard to remember but at one time he looked pretty good.  He had power and was fairly mobile.  After the accident he was never the same.  He lumbers around the ring and appears to be out of shape.  I hope he wins though.  Slyvia is such a douche. 

As far as GSP goes, i hope he beats kos.  The problem is that Kos likes to avoid any kind of direct actions so the fight has the potential to be pretty boring. Like all of Kos's fights in my opinion.  It might be fifteen minutes of kos with his arms at his side, launching his terrible jab then running away.
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:27:20 AM »
It is a shame about Mir.  Its hard to remember but at one time he looked pretty good.  He had power and was fairly mobile.  After the accident he was never the same.  He lumbers around the ring and appears to be out of shape.  I hope he wins though.  Slyvia is such a douche. 

As far as GSP goes, i hope he beats kos.  The problem is that Kos likes to avoid any kind of direct actions so the fight has the potential to be pretty boring. Like all of Kos's fights in my opinion.  It might be fifteen minutes of kos with his arms at his side, launching his terrible jab then running away.

I agree...Kos is boring and should be bumped of the UFC.

Dana kills me with Vera!  Why the hell won't he let him fight someone good.  IMO, the guy has skills and I think he takes Tim's head off and probably beats Andre'!  Am i out of line?

Not at all.  I'd love to see him go head to head with Silvia.  Arlovski has turned into a big dud just like Kos...fighting not to loose instead of fighting to win.
w

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 09:10:42 AM »
I agree...Kos is boring and should be bumped of the UFC.

Not at all.  I'd love to see him go head to head with Silvia.  Arlovski has turned into a big dud just like Kos...fighting not to loose instead of fighting to win.

Arlovski looked horrible in his last fight, he is scared Sylvia knocking him out has changed him.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:24:39 PM »
i dont know what it is with Andre, its not like he hadnt been knocked out before. Infact i would say the Pedro KO was more vicious, but he came back stronger. I guess he believed his press and when he did eventually lose it was too much for his ego to cope with
Scouser on Tour