Author Topic: Aleks Emelianenko Removed Due To Positive Hep B Test  (Read 797 times)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Aleks Emelianenko Removed Due To Positive Hep B Test
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
Wow.

This sucks.

His career is over.

This past weekend Aleksander Emelianenko was scheduled to face Paul Buentello in heavyweight action during the FSN portion of Affliction: Banned but due to medical complications the fight was cancelled.

A source close to the situation spoke to MMANews.com's Michael Moody on a condition of anonymity and explained that the blood tests came back right before Aleks and Buentello were scheduled to weigh in and that is why there was so much confusion around the stage and why the fighters did not weigh in. Gary Goodridge ended up stepping up on extremely short notice and filling in for the Russian heavyweight.

The tests were positive for Hepatitis B which resulted in the CSAC cancelling the fight. Hep B is the result of transmission from exposure to infectious blood or body fluids containing blood. Possible forms of transmission include (but are not limited to) unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusions, re-use of contaminated needles & syringes, and vertical transmission from mother to child during childbirth.

A positive Hepatitis B test is no laughing matter and this could spell the end of Aleks' fighting career as many of the people close to the situation pointed out. I can't imagine many fighters willing to step up to fight Aleks with the possibility of catching the disease. He most definitely will not fight in the United States again and it will be interesting to see if this positive test results in organizations from all over the world black listing the brother of heavyweigh king, Fedor Emelianenko.

Source- www.mmanews.com

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Aleks Emelianenko Removed Due To Positive Hep B Test
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
makes me wonder what the incubation period is for hep B is and if maybe he contracted it when he was gettin tatted up

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »
makes me wonder what the incubation period is for hep B is and if maybe he contracted it when he was gettin tatted up

Russian prison tat's, that's exactly what I was thinkin as well.
Predictions
 40/61

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
Well that sucks.. he was one bad mofo and his fights were really entertaining