Author Topic: Got blood work done Monday and test low  (Read 2686 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Got blood work done Monday and test low
« on: April 13, 2022, 07:15:05 AM »
Total test is 264 so today they prescribed me test shots, picking up in a few hours. Question for you vets, been a long time since I did any juice and I’m kid of excited and not at the same time. I’m plenty strong and have good size so should I even bother? Also my cock is hard all the time.

I asked for complete hormone panel and all they did was total.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
Re: Got blood work done Monday and test low
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 07:22:38 AM »
Your gonna get a lot answers on this one

Free test, E2, shbg

How much did they prescribe you?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 07:24:07 AM »
Your gonna get a lot answers on this one

Free test, E2, shbg

How much did they prescribe you?

I asked for all that and all they did was total test with regular blood work. So they called today and said it’s low there range is 250-850 and it’s 264 total so they said gel or shot and I said shot and she said ok be ready in a few hours and we will see you in 3 months.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
Its a choice you need to make based on how you feel, qaulity of life, etc.

It seems you are fine Rob, so do you want to pin for the rest of your life? (I find it no big deal honestly).

From age 40 to age 50 I went from 767 total, to 253 total in 10 years.
(Age, binge-drinking, statins, etc).

I've been doing 1/2-cc a week for the last 5 years (125 mg) and test back up around 600-650 total again.
The 5x dose thing seems to add up to me and many others. (5x 125 = 625).

Ive gained no muscle or strength, but mood, libido, and body-comp seemed to have improved. (real TRT dose is really not a muscle-building compound).
It will however hold on to what you have as you age.

Might want to look into an aspirin a day for thinner blood, and seek out red yeast rice (from other countries) that contains monocolin-k (10 mg) if you have lipid-issues.
Monocolin-K is natural "Lovastatin", (low dose).

But if your bloods are fine with lipids and hematocrit you may not need any of that extra stuff, just something to keep in mind if you do...

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 07:58:57 AM »
Total test is 264 so today they prescribed me test shots, picking up in a few hours. Question for you vets, been a long time since I did any juice and I’m kid of excited and not at the same time. I’m plenty strong and have good size so should I even bother? Also my cock is hard all the time.

The shots get old....I stopped back in October or November.  I feel like shit though, so I will be back on it soon.

If you feel good, and your libido is fine, I personally wouldn't bother.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 09:01:34 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate those answers, I’m on the fence. I do tons of walking and my workouts are going great but the rest of the day I’m dragging, not sure if cause if so much cardio. I was hoping for some boost in training, maybe skin tighten up a bit, little more muscle but I guess that’s out the window. So if I do 150 maybe I get some muscle building effects? Haha.

My hemocrit is 46
My total cholesterol is 216 so want me to start a statin, I said I wasn’t interested and they said they would give me the lowest dose possible. Triglycerides 76, good cholesterol 51, bad cholesterol 167.
Also I do take a baby aspirin daily and have for a long time.

All I eat is fruit, veggiez, egg whites, Atkins shakes and nuts. So it’s genetic.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 09:04:05 AM »

as long as that doesnt include sharing a sauna with other men you will be fine

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 09:34:09 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate those answers, I’m on the fence. I do tons of walking and my workouts are going great but the rest of the day I’m dragging, not sure if cause if so much cardio. I was hoping for some boost in training, maybe skin tighten up a bit, little more muscle but I guess that’s out the window. So if I do 150 maybe I get some muscle building effects? Haha.

My hemocrit is 46
My total cholesterol is 216 so want me to start a statin, I said I wasn’t interested and they said they would give me the lowest dose possible. Triglycerides 76, good cholesterol 51, bad cholesterol 167.

All I eat is fruit, veggiez, egg whites, Atkins shakes and nuts. So it’s genetic.

Blood markers look good. TRT "may" affect them a bit (lower HDL, higher hematocrit) but you can keep an eye on that stuff with bloodwork.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »
Get a script to have phlebotomy done once a month just for the hematocrit levels.

You can use privatemd for getting readings on the rest of the things they seem to have left off. 

But you eat no meat at all?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 09:42:42 AM »
Only you can decide mate

Personally best thing I ever did jumping on test at 30 take a bit more that trt at 250mg a week been on this 8 years now and feel great but I felt like shit before getting on diagnosed with low t but uk hard to get prescribed test decision is harder if you already feeling good it will do no harm to try for a few months or so see how you feel mate if test already low got. I thing to loose really as no risk of crashing it 

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 10:17:05 AM »
Only you can decide mate

Personally best thing I ever did jumping on test at 30 take a bit more that trt at 250mg a week been on this 8 years now and feel great but I felt like shit before getting on diagnosed with low t but uk hard to get prescribed test decision is harder if you already feeling good it will do no harm to try for a few months or so see how you feel mate if test already low got. I thing to loose really as no risk of crashing it

Besides cardio and lifting I feel like shit most the day. How is blood work at 250mgs a week? And what is test level now?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 10:25:22 AM »
Get a script to have phlebotomy done once a month just for the hematocrit levels.

You can use privatemd for getting readings on the rest of the things they seem to have left off. 

But you eat no meat at all?

I have a New York strip once a month and that’s it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2022, 10:43:05 AM »

If you feel good why bother with it?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 11:10:20 AM »
Besides cardio and lifting I feel like shit most the day. How is blood work at 250mgs a week? And what is test level now?

If feel like shit it might help a fair bit mate I just felt like was dragging through day when mine was low no enthusiasm for working or achieving anything. Honest mate blood work I don’t know never had any i know that’s reckless but I truly only give a shit about living long enough to see my kids reach adulthood and they 13 and 15 this year so nearly there haha after that I don’t care don’t ever want to be old and fucked life for enjoying now

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 11:13:45 AM »
If feel like shit it might help a fair bit mate I just felt like was dragging through day when mine was low no enthusiasm for working or achieving anything. Honest mate blood work I don’t know never had any i know that’s reckless but I truly only give a shit about living long enough to see my kids reach adulthood and they 13 and 15 this year so nearly there haha after that I don’t care don’t ever want to be old and fucked life for enjoying now

Hahaha I get it completely, this was my first blood work done in 10-12 years they said.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 11:48:10 AM »

My hemocrit is 46

I would not mess with the statin.  Your blood work is fine.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 11:52:06 AM »

Agree. Statins are bad news.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 12:29:29 PM »
I do tons of walking and my workouts are going great but the rest of the day I’m dragging, not sure if cause if so much cardio. I was hoping for some boost in training, maybe skin tighten up a bit, little more muscle but I guess that’s out the window. So if I do 150 maybe I get some muscle building effects? Haha.

Do you do a physically demanding job? I think someone mentioned construction a while back but it might have been someone else. I don't know about others but when I've done those types of jobs I basically just lifted on the weekends because I was always stiff as a board and in some kind of pain at the end of the day. Plus mood-vice I was just not into doing hard training at all at the end of the day.

Had you been in my country they'd have put you on an anti-depressant since you were just barely within normal range.

A couple of iu growth would have been wonderful at our age.  :D I do think 125mg could add a pound or two of new muscle... somehow the injected stuff works different and I have a few ideas about that.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 12:51:44 PM »
Agree. Statins are bad news.
I take Rosuvastatin and am gonna` ask my doctor if I can come off of it.

Cleaned up my diet bigtime since I started back training again so I`ll bet things are in order now......hopefully.

Rob,you probably feel tired and listless from all that walking you do.....that`s a lot of fucking walking bro.  ;D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 01:22:28 PM »
Hard to tell, you need to judge if you think it will improve your life.

I've been pinning myself so long i barely think about it anymore.

If you decide to try it, start with real recommended TRT for 2-3 months.

I think you will enjoy the benefits it provides at your age.

100mg or so of Test per week isn't going to blow you up, but it will make you feel more energetic and you will get slightly stronger.

Just keep it a low dose and enjoy life.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
Hard to tell, you need to judge if you think it will improve your life.

I've been pinning myself so long i barely think about it anymore.

If you decide to try it, start with real recommended TRT for 2-3 months.

I think you will enjoy the benefits it provides at your age.

100mg or so of Test per week isn't going to blow you up, but it will make you feel more energetic and you will get slightly stronger.

Just keep it a low dose and enjoy life.
That`s my plan....got my Test just haven`t started yet.....feeling good and still a lt of progress to make.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 01:29:10 PM »
That`s my plan....got my Test just haven`t started yet.....feeling good and still a lt of progress to make.

Yeah if you are feeling good and making gains i'd just keep doing what you are doing.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 01:37:01 PM »
I will be getting my test levels checked next week, unless my doctor cancels my appointment to get the requisition form. My test is normally mid-range.

I suspect it has dropped lately, just from being down. I think it may go back to normal, now that Canada itself is going back to normal, after this insane period we just had.

Is there a test level or age [or both] where a person would benefit from TRT?

Rob - what is your body weight? Is your higher hematocrit just from being bigger/more muscular than average?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2022, 02:19:07 PM »

I said I didn’t want it at all cause I’ve heard they suck and the dr said they are not as bad as you think and are worth the risks as the benefits definitely outweigh the bad. I’m still on the fence though definitely leading to not take it.

Do you do a physically demanding job? I think someone mentioned construction a while back but it might have been someone else. I don't know about others but when I've done those types of jobs I basically just lifted on the weekends because I was always stiff as a board and in some kind of pain at the end of the day. Plus mood-vice I was just not into doing hard training at all at the end of the day.

Had you been in my country they'd have put you on an anti-depressant since you were just barely within normal range.

A couple of iu growth would have been wonderful at our age.  :D I do think 125mg could add a pound or two of new muscle... somehow the injected stuff works different and I have a few ideas about that.

Yeah I have a small construction company and when I’m busy I’m working 10-12 hour days. I was researching a lot today as I’ve been out of the game a long time and 125mgs does seem to be pretty good for adding a couple pounds and some strength.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2022, 02:22:12 PM »
I take Rosuvastatin and am gonna` ask my doctor if I can come off of it.

Cleaned up my diet bigtime since I started back training again so I`ll bet things are in order now......hopefully.

Rob,you probably feel tired and listless from all that walking you do.....that`s a lot of fucking walking bro.  ;D

Haha I do walk quite a bit. Thought that would help my cholesterol, I guess it did just not the bad cholesterol.