Author Topic: Is there a single educated Christian on this board?  (Read 3491 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Is there a single educated Christian on this board?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »
I've avoided nothing from you. What you've done, to date, is go on emotional rants, claiming that, because there is evil in this world (i.e. children dying), there is no God. Or, people have no free will, because (perish the thought) they may actually be held responsible for their actions, one way or the other.

Then, there's your continued erroneous claims that because man has (finally) discovered certain scientific principles and, as a result, been able to manipulate them (to a degree) to achiever certain tasks, that man has somehow put God out of existence. Of course, you've yet to explain how those processes and those resources came to be, as man CANNOT create them.

As for your "no good reason......", spiel, that is but an opinion with which I (and a myriad of Christians) do not agree.

firstly you are avoiding arguing with me still.

also you are twisting my words and putting words in my mouth.

the problem of evil is a very strong argument against your all loving god. also i said free will doesnt exist if god has planned ones life as it wont matter what one does as the outcome is pre-determined. your intellectual dishonesty and misconceptions are very low ball tactics in debate.

adress my points with something rational.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 09:23:16 PM »
firstly you are avoiding arguing with me still.

also you are twisting my words and putting words in my mouth.

the problem of evil is a very strong argument against your all loving god. also i said free will doesnt exist if god has planned ones life as it wont matter what one does as the outcome is pre-determined. your intellectual dishonesty and misconceptions are very low ball tactics in debate.

adress my points with something rational.

I didn't twist your words nor have I put any words in your mouth, and I'll be more than willing to reprint them, if you like.

I've addressed your points. Whether they fit your subjective category of "rational" or not ain't my concern.

Plus, you claim that God isn't needed to explain anything. So, as I said beforehand, explain origin of life.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
I didn't twist your words nor have I put any words in your mouth, and I'll be more than willing to reprint them, if you like.

I've addressed your points. Whether they fit your subjective category of "rational" or not ain't my concern.

Plus, you claim that God isn't needed to explain anything. So, as I said beforehand, explain origin of life.

Ah...he can't explain the origin of life and neither can I. We don't know.

But you DO apparentlu. You know that the Judeo-Christian deity did it, huh? How did you come to possess this knowledge.

God of the Gaps MCWAY....
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:23 PM »
Ah...he can't explain the origin of life and neither can I. We don't know.

His claim was that God was not needed to explain the origin of life.

But you DO apparentlu. You know that the Judeo-Christian deity did it, huh? How did you come to possess this knowledge.

God of the Gaps MCWAY....

If "we" don't know, then the possibility of "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth....." is still in play. And, that's what I believe. But, in your case, and that of Pole, it's not about "not knowing"; it's about not wanting to acknowledge the divine, under any circumstances.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »
His claim was that God was not needed to explain the origin of life.

If "we" don't know, then the possibility of "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth....." is still in play. And, that's what I believe. But, in your case, and that of Pole, it's not about "not knowing"; it's about not wanting to acknowledge the divine, under any circumstances.

Why do you believe the Genesis story to be absolutely and perfectly true?
I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »

explain abiogenesis?

if i do and im right does that prove to you your god doesnt exist? or will you find another gap in knowledge to slide him in too.

so let me get this straight, god started life then left it to evolution a clumsy process which doesnt gurantee our existence and which takes billions of years. also, he is not needed for species to be created but thought it neccesary for him to start it off. He uses natural processes for star formation, evolution etc but couldnt think of one for abiogenesis so he skipped some steps and poped a cell on earth to start us off.

ya that makes sense.

i stand by my claims, i would debate you on anything, you make absolutely no sense.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 03:22:41 PM »
explain abiogenesis?

if i do and im right does that prove to you your god doesnt exist? or will you find another gap in knowledge to slide him in too.

so let me get this straight, god started life then left it to evolution a clumsy process which doesnt gurantee our existence and which takes billions of years. also, he is not needed for species to be created but thought it neccesary for him to start it off. He uses natural processes for star formation, evolution etc but couldnt think of one for abiogenesis so he skipped some steps and poped a cell on earth to start us off.

ya that makes sense.

i stand by my claims, i would debate you on anything, you make absolutely no sense.

MCWAY is more consistent than that. He doesn't believe in evolution, but rather that his desert deity created 'kinds' of all species with his awesome magical powers. According to him everything came into existence via magic.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »
MCWAY is more consistent than that. He doesn't believe in evolution, but rather that his desert deity created 'kinds' of all species with his awesome magical powers. According to him everything came into existence via magic.

He needs Gary Busey.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 03:42:48 PM »
He needs Gary Busey.

If he only knew the power of the Lord of Madness!

I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »
He needs Gary Busey.

well said. :D

let it be known that debussey df is mcmac's god.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
explain abiogenesis?

ya that makes sense.

I made no claim that God started life and left it to evolution. Or did you forget that I believe in Creation?

And, you'll fall by those same claims. As for your allegedly explaining abiogenesis, GOOD LUCK!!! The last guys that tried had their hearts broken by one Louis Pasteur. Based on that, and the futile attempts of others, I don't like your chance.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »
I made no claim that God started life and left it to evolution. Or did you forget that I believe in Creation?

And, you'll fall by those same claims. As for your allegedly explaining abiogenesis, GOOD LUCK!!! The last guys that tried had their hearts broken by one Louis Pasteur. Based on that, and the futile attempts of others, I don't like your chance.

Do you know the difference between a religious charlatan such as yourself and a scientist? When a scientist doesn't know something, he admits it. Scientists don't know exactly how abiogenesis occurred, but to put in the place of that ignorance ancient mythology (which is not even original), for which we have zero evidence, claiming it to be true, is intellectually dishonest in the most profound manner. I hope you realise that.
I hate the State.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »

i have no doubt you are insane.

how do you explain that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, and that this can be proven over and over?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
i have no doubt you are insane.

how do you explain that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, and that this can be proven over and over?

Proven by whom? MAN!!! Hence, there's no issue by my saying that MAN cannot created nor destroy energy.

What's been "proven over and over" is that he can't do it, NOT that it can't be done.

Do you know the difference between a religious charlatan such as yourself and a scientist? When a scientist doesn't know something, he admits it. Scientists don't know exactly how abiogenesis occurred, but to put in the place of that ignorance ancient mythology (which is not even original), for which we have zero evidence, claiming it to be true, is intellectually dishonest in the most profound manner. I hope you realise that.

Scientists don't know THAT abiogenesis has occured, and many (including the one, whose quote I included) have admitted as such. And, they've also admitted that the reason they still hold to evolution is because IF THEY DO NOT, THEY MUST CONCEDE TO THE CONCEPT OF SUPERNATURAL CREATION.

Therefore, to use Wald's words, it's a "philosophical necessity" that they believe in evolution.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 01:09:13 PM »
Proven by whom? MAN!!! Hence, there's no issue by my saying that MAN cannot created nor destroy energy.

What's been "proven over and over" is that he can't do it, NOT that it can't be done.

Scientists don't know THAT abiogenesis has occured, and many (including the one, whose quote I included) have admitted as such. And, they've also admitted that the reason they still hold to evolution is because IF THEY DO NOT, THEY MUST CONCEDE TO THE CONCEPT OF SUPERNATURAL CREATION.

Therefore, to use Wald's words, it's a "philosophical necessity" that they believe in evolution.

"Proven by whom? MAN!!! Hence, there's no issue by my saying that MAN cannot created nor destroy energy.

What's been "proven over and over" is that he can't do it, NOT that it can't be done."

is there something im missing. matter cannot be created nor destroyed hence it needs nothing to account for its existence since it has always existed. it was not created, it cannot be. IT IS ETERNAL, THIS IS A LAW, A PROVEN LAW.

offer me an alternative theory with some proof. if not, you have no point other then christian rhetoric disproven by science.

"What's been "proven over and over" is that he can't do it, NOT that it can't be done.

Therefore, to use Wald's words, it's a "philosophical necessity" that they believe in evolution. "

who are these idiots that would accept another hypothesis without evidence? so if evolution is wrong god did it why?