Author Topic: glutamine and gear  (Read 880 times)

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
glutamine and gear
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
I read a thread on the supplement board saying that glutamine was a waste but if you are on on juice it's a different story....it confused the crap out of me. while on juice is gluatamine a waste or not???

StillTippin

• Getbig III
Re: glutamine and gear
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:57 AM »
Personally I don't think it's a waste ever.  I take 10 grams a day and always feel great when taking it.  Seems to fight off the colds and speed recovery a lil for me.  It's cheap too so even if it's all in my head it's still worth it to me.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:12:09 PM »
I read a thread on the supplement board saying that glutamine was a waste but if you are on on juice it's a different story....it confused the crap out of me. while on juice is gluatamine a waste or not???

I like glutamine, a lot of guys on this board think it is useless. I take post workout and before bed in a shake.

Great for gut health, immune support. Not sure why it would matter if you were on gear or not? That is new to me  ???

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »
I like glutamine, a lot of guys on this board think it is useless. I take post workout and before bed in a shake.

Great for gut health, immune support. Not sure why it would matter if you were on gear or not? That is new to me  ???

Maybe cause gear can mess with your immune system a little?  Just help to make sure that you don't get sick on cycle.  But then again if it can do that why stop taking it?

DirtyDirt

• Getbig II
  • 1 DiRty Dawg eat dawg world...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »
CHECK OUT THE OTHER BOARD, they were talking about glutamine then got into Aminos saying that the Aminos prevent your body from absorbing protein and glutmine is a waste and all this nonsense, i take glutamine, aminos and protein dailly, plus i'm on a little cycle so i was just curious what the thoughts were on this board. As i am sure this is no surprise, juice heads usually have a different outlook then the natural guys...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »
An extremely high amount of oral glutamine gets absorbed in the gut and doesn't pass into the system.  I can't recall the exact percentage but it was very high meaning you would have to consume 10+ grams just to get 2 grams into the system, or something like that.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
An extremely high amount of oral glutamine gets absorbed in the gut and doesn't pass into the system.  I can't recall the exact percentage but it was very high meaning you would have to consume 10+ grams just to get 2 grams into the system, or something like that.

Which is why I work up to 20 g day over the course of a few weeks.

Each week add another serving (5 g.), do it too quickly (20 g. a day, right away) and you will get the poops!