Author Topic: Insulin -- Apidra  (Read 4641 times)

bigunit10

• Getbig I
Insulin -- Apidra
« on: November 27, 2019, 02:50:59 AM »
Hey Guys,

Anyone have any experience with Apidra??

If so please share, and how it compares to Humalog/Novorapid

Cheers

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
Re: Insulin -- Apidra
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
Hey Guys,

Anyone have any experience with Apidra??

If so please share, and how it compares to Humalog/Novorapid

Cheers

Apidra acts faster than Humalog and scales down quicker. In other words, the spike hits faster and comes down at a more general curve.
So, where Humalog really peaks in around 40-45 minutes.... Apidra peaks in in around 30-35 minutes. total duration around 5 hours
Both are fast-acting - onset in about 15 minutes generally.

You do not state how you intend to use the insulin and I truely hope you know what the hell you are doing.
insulin PreWorkOut is just flat out stupid and not necessary. Insulin PostWorkOut does have benefits, but you need to understand things like the above and how you respond to determine when to pre-bolus.

If you are not diabetic and think pinning humalog with each meal will make you huge, you are flat out wrong. So, dont do it.

If you are on high levels of HGH and find that your fasted BG levels are high, then a fast-acting insulin will do nothing for protecting your pancreas. You'll need an insulin like Lantus or Tresiba for that.

PizzaTrenSlin

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »
Then why all ifbb pros use Humalog with every meal?
I am on 6iu Saizen Ed and 5iu Humalog 4 meals a day and growing fine....

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 06:44:53 PM »
Then why all ifbb pros use Humalog with every meal?
I am on 6iu Saizen Ed and 5iu Humalog 4 meals a day and growing fine....

First of all... you dont know that ALLL pros do that... and if they do and arent diabetic, well thats just stupid! Pure stupidity. The pros i know dont do that and only a few use Humalog PostWO only.
If you think you are doing yourself ANY good by taking a pre-bolos of insulin before each meal then you are foolish. If you think you are somehow miraculously getting more nutrients into the cells due to this, then you dont have a clue as to what insulin does and what it should be used for in bodybuilding. Again.... if you ARE NOT diabetic, taking pre-meal insulin at each meal will do more damage than any good.
I will say this one more time, if you ARE NOT diabetic and you are taking a pre-bolos insulin dose prior to each meal, then you are a complete fool. You are not doing anything for growth and you are essentially killing you pancreas because now it wont have to do the job it normally does at each meal time and afterwords in terms of insulin production. Good luck with that buddy!

Oh and at 6u/day of real HGH your FBG levels should be outta wack.... do you even check that? If you are above 110 FBG in the morning then you better forget about the pre-meal Humalog and stat getting some Lantus in you! Your pancreas will thank you!