Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 426691 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #1175 on: June 04, 2020, 05:09:11 AM »
Do your calves first in your workout.

It won't affect your thigh training much at all.

Trust me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1176 on: June 04, 2020, 01:22:49 PM »
... I remember a chubby guy in the gym saying heart disease and being heavy runs in his family. Heart disease and being fat runs in his family because nobody runs in his family is a more likely explanation....

Are people fat because they don't run or a do they not run because they are fat?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1177 on: June 04, 2020, 01:32:26 PM »
Are people fat because they don't run or a do they not run because they are fat?

The eternal question.

Maybe they just eat too much?

How far do you have to run to burn off these...OT would know.

OT?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1178 on: June 04, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »
The eternal question.

Maybe they just eat too much?

How far do you have to run to burn off these...OT would know.

OT?

I wouldn't know because I don't eat doughnuts. 

A hard lifting session burns off about 200 calories. I can cite sources. Running two miles is another 250 or so calories. Both burn calories after the immediate cost of the activity.  A pound  of fat is 3500 calories. Just using the immediate cost of the exercise activity for 5 days a week of will lead to a loss of of 2.5 pounds of fat a month. 30 pound of fat for the year if all is a constant. Of course nothing is rigid about calorie expenditures of exercise as it's fluid.  I just know I can make drastic changes in fat loss in three weeks using  additional cardio when I have a lay off. I know you don't like cardio because it's too much work and it leads me to believe you are chubby.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1179 on: June 04, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »
The AC broke in my house and it was about 85 degrees out. Today was the first day of officially using the pool for hours. I deviated from the usual big band swing singers to Motown.  Floated for hours having a few cocktails. Prior I ran two miles then I  did some heavy bag work. Also did some no weight free hand exercises.

The AC repairman came over and it took him awhile to fix the AC condenser. He was an Asian with a heavy accent. I offered him a chair and a pad to kneel on while he worked but he turned me down. After he fixed it he spent about 30 minutes talking to the wife and I. He explained AC and heating repair. It was an education but a little awkward talking to him while we were in the pool. Typing this freezing in my bedroom. I have to turn the AC down.

In the winter we make fires listening to music in dark watching the shimmering fires. In the summer it's all about the pool and ocean. This was the first time we spent hours in the pool. Life is good. My daughter and my grand daughter even dropped by.

Tomorrow is back day. Hope to kill it and do some cardio too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1180 on: June 04, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
Where is the plain old fashioned cake donut in this box? These are all too sugary for my liking.

Much better.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1181 on: June 05, 2020, 01:05:21 PM »
Back day:

Pulldowns with M.A.G. supinate bar 1 x 12 140lbs
Seated long pulls with a V handle 1 x 14 170lbs (all the way out and back)
Dumbbell row off a bench 1 x 12 85lbs (strict form)
Reverse grip pulldown 1 x 12

deadlifts 1 x 6 315lbs (slow on the negative. )

Weighted hyper extension 1 x 20 25lbs plate behind my head.
Floor crunches 1 x 50 10lbs plate behind my head
Pulley crunches 1 x 55

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1182 on: June 06, 2020, 04:37:20 AM »
I know you don't like cardio because it's too much work and it leads me to believe you are chubby.

I'll have to don my thong and show you how ripped I am.

;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1183 on: June 06, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »
Delts and triceps:

Dumbbell press 1 x 11
Dumbbell lateral raises 1 x 15
Rear delt lateral raises 1 x 14
Face pulls 1 x 17
Band rear delt work 1 x 12
Barbell shrugs 1 x 14

Narrow grip bench 1 x 9
Skull crushers: On the first rep I felt my tricep tendon hurt. Fuck this movement for me.
Single dumbbell two hands dumbbell behind my head 1 x 14
Tricep pushdowns 1 x 12
Weighted dips 1 x 11

weighted floor crunches 1 x 55
Pulley crunch 1 x 51

Ran two miles after.

I was thinking about putting up some video of me training. Then I came to my senses.  I put up a little on my facebook and it was well received but my facebook friends aren't assholes.  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1184 on: June 06, 2020, 12:49:50 PM »

I was thinking about putting up some video of me training. Then I came to my senses.  I put up a little on my facebook and it was well received but my facebook friends aren't assholes.  ;D

Good thinking.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: June 06, 2020, 01:47:19 PM »

Facebook is about 180 degrees away from Getbig. Whatsaap offers different levels of privacy. My granddaughter and daughter use Whatsapp to share pictures with family and invited friends only. So folks post training videos on their Youtube channel. There's a potential for making money from that if you get enough followers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: June 06, 2020, 02:02:50 PM »
I'll have to don my thong and show you how ripped I am.

;D

Oldtimer looks pretty lean in photos. He does a lot of cardio. Not sure that's the reason though. It could be genetics. I have to force myself to do cardio because it is so boring. At about 5'10" and 175 lbs. I wouldn't say I'm chubby but I am also not 'ripped'. I'll leave the thong show to you.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1187 on: June 06, 2020, 02:30:07 PM »
6'2" 218

I'm a double for Steve Reeves but better looking.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1188 on: June 06, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
6'2" 218

I envy you that!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1189 on: June 06, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1190 on: June 06, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
6'2" 218

Proof or it isn't true.  :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1191 on: June 06, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »
Like I wrote previously I posted a video of me training back on my Facebook. A facebook friend of mine who won the Most Muscular award and best legs in the AAU Mr. America contest said, I look in good shape.   :)  He's either blowing smoke up my ass or he means it. I choose the later, lol.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1192 on: June 09, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »
Trained back and chest:

Working out filming some stuff. Realized after viewing the video I wasn't going as deep as I thought with declines. Going to lighten the dumbbells so I can go deeper. Video is a good tool. I use it a lot when I'm practicing striking drills. I'm not getting in the ring anytime soon  8) but I just want to make sure I'm doing correct drills.

I eventually have to lighten the weights and increase the reps.  The tweaks keep adding up. Sprained my foot of all things deadlifting. No clue how that happened. I did 8 sets for lats and 8 sets for chest. Added some lower back work and abs.

Going to go into the pool and maybe do some laps.  86 and pure sun in Jersey today. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1193 on: June 09, 2020, 07:30:44 PM »
Trained back and chest:

Working out filming some stuff. Realized after viewing the video I wasn't going as deep as I thought with declines. Going to lighten the dumbbells so I can go deeper. Video is a good tool. I use it a lot when I'm practicing striking drills. I'm not getting in the ring anytime soon  8) but I just want to make sure I'm doing correct drills.

I eventually have to lighten the weights and increase the reps.  The tweaks keep adding up. Sprained my foot of all things deadlifting. No clue how that happened. I did 8 sets for lats and 8 sets for chest. Added some lower back work and abs.

Going to go into the pool and maybe do some laps.  86 and pure sun in Jersey today.

I did back and chest today but did a variation of H.I.T.  two pre-exhaust tri-sets of Stiff-Arm Lat pulldowns followed by cable rows and finally close-grip palms up pulldowns. 

Chest was over real quick as I went to failure and it happened FAST.  Pec-Deck superset with vertical machine bench press.  It hurt in a wrong way and so I stopped after the first superset.  But I am happy to be exercising again and your thread along with IroNat's keeps me motivated.

That and I just watched "Athena" from 1954 with Steve Reeves, Dick Dubois, Jane Powell, Debbie Reynolds, Edmund Purdom and Vic Damone.  Reeves and Dubois were great and I've always been a fan of everyone else in the film, especially Powell, Reynolds and Purdom.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1194 on: June 09, 2020, 08:13:53 PM »
Can't go wrong watching Reeves movies for motivation. Has there ever been a better movie star face on an amazing physique than Reeves? 

Regarding pre exhaust I haven't done real pre exhaust since about 1983. It was really effective and with youth I obtained my best ever physique of my life but I drifted away from it.

What hurt you with chest? Was it the pec flies? I think flies whether with dumbbells or machine are a young man's exercise. Some would say it should never be used as it puts a lot of leverage on your structure at the stretch position asking for an injury. Look at the physical therapist's site who is a gym rat youtube site called AthleanX.  He's  anti fly for the chest and he gives his reasons. He said a better method is to stand and get one pulley at chest height and to push out crossing mid body plane. I guess seeing the video is better than me using words. Kind of like punching motion with a pulley handle and I don't mean with speed.

So many accepted ways of doing bodybuilding exercises are just wrong and unhealthy. Just because with youth we got away with them doesn't mean it's a good exercise. On that youtube channel he hits a lot of exercises that are wrong for your joints and he always offers a better way to do them. Granted he has a doctor degree in physical therapy and was a trainer for the NY Mets I believe but I still never accept everything he says as gospel but he is on target more than he isn't.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1195 on: June 09, 2020, 08:22:39 PM »
The vertical bench press puts my wrists at in a very uncomfortable position and it's difficult to get positioned.  I may have to use ace bandages for support of my wrists but workarounds are to be expected for me!  I just didn't want to do the second set because my wrists really ached in a bad way. 

Oddly enough, regular DB Flyes on the bench feel good to me but I don't have a flat bench...Yet!  One day maybe.  I had to get rid of my flat bench and my seated calf machine as I didn't use them much and  my wife kept on me until I said, fine and got ride of them.   She said it would give me more room and then proceeded to fill the space with more Christmas, Halloween and assorted other holiday crap.   ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1196 on: June 10, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »
Ran two miles in the 90 degree heat on the boardwalk. Very few babes.  I was hoping for a bunch of bikini babes as usual. Covid is really keeping the crowds away. Only saw a few.  One really big girl was eyeing me like I was a pork chop covered in gravy. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1197 on: June 11, 2020, 03:56:13 AM »
Ocean City, NJ boardwalk and beach was very busy yesterday and packed on the weekend.

Hardly anyone masked.

Loads of people on the beaches and boardwalks but businesses still not allowed to open.  Ridiculous.

This is a neat site with cams on the shore.

http://attheshore.com/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1198 on: June 11, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »
The vertical bench press puts my wrists at in a very uncomfortable position and it's difficult to get positioned.  I may have to use ace bandages for support of my wrists but workarounds are to be expected for me!  I just didn't want to do the second set because my wrists really ached in a bad way. 

Oddly enough, regular DB Flyes on the bench feel good to me but I don't have a flat bench...Yet!  One day maybe.  I had to get rid of my flat bench and my seated calf machine as I didn't use them much and  my wife kept on me until I said, fine and got ride of them.   She said it would give me more room and then proceeded to fill the space with more Christmas, Halloween and assorted other holiday crap.   ;D

Next time she pulls this nonsense, tell her she's FIRED!  Be a man.  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1199 on: June 11, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »
Next time she pulls this nonsense, tell her she's FIRED!  Be a man.  ;D

;D