Author Topic: Racist Black teacher goes on rant: "Kill yourselves crackers"  (Read 5161 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Racist Black teacher goes on rant: "Kill yourselves crackers"
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:12:52 PM »

DUNCANVILLE — A Duncanville teacher who drew heat over a tweet has been placed on administrative leave without pay pending discharge, school officials say.

The promising "swift action" over the weekend following a tweet Friday night on a Twitter account belonging to teacher Vinita Hegwood.

"Who the [expletive] made you dumb duck ass crackers think I give a squat [expletive] about your opinions about my opinions RE: Ferguson? Kill yourselves," the tweet read.

A black teacher, Hegwood teaches English, according to the school's website.

A man who identified himself as Hegwood's husband at their home on Sunday night said she wasn't available but that there was more to the story. He wouldn't elaborate.

The school district confirmed it was aware of the Tweet, and issued this statement late Sunday:

"As an individual, Ms. Vinita Hegwood expressed an opinion on social media that is solely her own. She used her personal social media account to make remarks that are offensive. While everyone has the right to free speech, as a teacher in the district, we believe the comments that are alleged to be made by Ms. Hegwood are absolutely reprehensible and we do not condone it.
The district is taking swift action in this matter within the authority set forth by district policy. Duncanville ISD embraces diversity and is not defined by the personal opinion of one."
Hegwood's Twitter account has since been closed down, despite attempts by a growing number of folks to tag her in tweets and posts. It isn't clear if there was a tweet aimed directly at her that prompted the outburst on Friday night.

The district said more information might be available later this week

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Racist Black teacher goes on rant: "Kill yourselves crackers"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
correct - she should be suspended/fired. Teachers are held to a higher standard, and for good reason.

if she will write this publicly, she shows horrible judgment and probably talks like this to impressionable youth every day.

Freedom of speech in public forum doesn't exist in many jobs - cops can't post this either.  or judges. or CEOs of most companies.  If you work at McD, they could probably fire you for it, if anyone cared. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 04:28:45 PM »
Needs to be fired immediately and her certification taken.
A

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
She needs to get a refund on her college degree...assuming she paid for it.  That's the type of sentence structure an English teacher uses?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
Needs to be fired immediately and her certification taken.

Supposedly they are going to address what further disciplinary actions to take at their next community school meeting but I agree, this woman should never see the inside of a classroom again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »
it's not because I'm all that worried that people are suddenly going to mass suicide because she said kill yourself.  Nor does the 'cracker' offend me, because it really has to be the stupidest nickname in history.   I don't know a single white person that has ever broken down "OMG, I'm so upset, he called me that hurtful C-word, I'm so broken up".   I've lived in FL for 22 years now.  To be a cracker means you're tough, it means you know your guns, it means you work on casual time, it means you like girls with big country booty, it means you aren't prissy and soft and you shrug shit off.   The actual word is about rascal explorers that came to FL... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

she should be fired due to the reactionary way she'll respond, the flippant way she drops what she believes to be a hurtful slur, and just because she appears to be irritating as fck.   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 06:11:12 PM »
it's not because I'm all that worried that people are suddenly going to mass suicide because she said kill yourself.  Nor does the 'cracker' offend me, because it really has to be the stupidest nickname in history.   I don't know a single white person that has ever broken down "OMG, I'm so upset, he called me that hurtful C-word, I'm so broken up".   I've lived in FL for 22 years now.  To be a cracker means you're tough, it means you know your guns, it means you work on casual time, it means you like girls with big country booty, it means you aren't prissy and soft and you shrug shit off.   The actual word is about rascal explorers that came to FL... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

she should be fired due to the reactionary way she'll respond, the flippant way she drops what she believes to be a hurtful slur, and just because she appears to be irritating as fck.   

Its how and why she used the word.  Who cares how you feel about it.  You might like being called a bald pathetic retarded piece of shit but that doesnt mean its right to go around calling people that.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 04:41:38 AM »
correct - she should be suspended/fired. Teachers are held to a higher standard, and for good reason.

if she will write this publicly, she shows horrible judgment and probably talks like this to impressionable youth every day.

Freedom of speech in public forum doesn't exist in many jobs - cops can't post this either.  or judges. or CEOs of most companies.  If you work at McD, they could probably fire you for it, if anyone cared. 

She was suspended without pay pending discharge....case is closed on this
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 06:32:51 AM »
Now she will just collect kenyacare , go on welfare food stamps, pot coke and chooms, Yeti's school lunch program, get a free phone, etc.

Either way we pay for these worthless punks and savages. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »
Now she will just collect kenyacare , go on welfare food stamps, pot coke and chooms, Yeti's school lunch program, get a free phone, etc.

Either way we pay for these worthless punks and savages. 

how do people on welfare afford coke?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 07:30:19 AM »
how do people on welfare afford coke?   

Turn tricks, sell illegal cigs, deal crack, etc

How do you think Obama supported his habit?  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »
Turn tricks, sell illegal cigs, deal crack, etc

How do you think Obama supported his habit?  ;D

i always thought he worked as a state senator. 

then again, my congressman is/was trey radel, so...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »
i always thought he worked as a state senator. 

then again, my congressman is/was trey radel, so...

Obama was near broke most of his entire life due to his ghetto ways - that is why Yeti almost divorced him. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »

She is retaining too much water.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »
A black English teacher, lol, now I've heard everything.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
Duncanville ISD rejects resignation, unanimous decision to fire teacher over racist remarks.

Duncanville school district trustees rejected a teacher's letter of resignation, instead firing her for posting a racist, profanity-laced tweet.

Vinita Hegwood, an English teacher at Duncanville High School, released a statement Thursday saying that she wished to resign, but the district said it wasn't notified.

The Duncanville Independent School District Board of Trustees received the letter during a special meeting Friday morning, but still unanimously voted to terminate her teaching contract.

Hegwood came under fire last week for her comment on Twitter about the police shooting in Ferguson, Mo. She suggested used profanity and suggested white people should kill themselves.

"Who the f--- made you dumb duck a-- crackers think I give a squat f--- about your opinions on my opinions RE: #Ferguson. Kill yourselves!" the post on her personal Twitter account said.

Hegwood said she was responding to others who racial attacked her.

“I allowed myself to respond emotionally and impulsively. My reaction in no way reflects the standards to which I have held myself and my students for the last twenty years of teaching. I accept full responsibility for my actions,” she said.

The tweet was taken down, the account deleted and she was suspended without pay until the board could meet.

“Our focus at Duncanville ISD is educating our more than 13,000 students. Our 794 teachers have been and will continue to engage in the business of educating our students,” the district said after the meeting.

Last week it called Hegwood's actions “absolutely reprehensible.”