Author Topic: ‘How-to’ Manual Found in Al Qaeda Safe House Shows Disturbing Torture Methods  (Read 9525 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I missed this one too..Europeans should not point any fingers at the US in anyway shape or form......Africa from about 1815-1971 or so. You guys are up to ur asses in blood. U guys wrote the book on crushing indiginous peoples.

Why shouldn't Europeans point fingers?

Just like Americans can point fingers at their own government?

Even though Sweden were never involved in the recent colonial crimes, we have been a few hundred years ago.

Also, there are other aspects not to be so proud of, eg how Sweden didn't stood up against Nazi Germany, and even some Swedish pseudo-scientists believing that Swedes were a "pure" breed of a man, playing into the Nazi racial hogwash.

Still, every individual, all over the world, is entitled to point out the wrongs of our political leaders. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

On the contrary, it's something very right.

Problem occurs when small-minded individuals claims a whole country is to blame for the flaws of persons coming from that country.

I would be a total idiot if I stated that Americans were incompetent, only because I believe George Bush to be incompetent.

I really like USA. I think George W Bush has proved himself to be incompetent however.

As far as Guantanamo: Yes. I think it's been proven that the conditions are terrible, and I also think it's very telling that these prisoners have yet to be charged with anything.

I don't dislike USA because of it. I question the Bush Administration, those who are responsible for it.

My ethics and values leads me to question the action on Guantanamo Bay.

It's not because I am "European".

FWIW, I always think of USA and Europe as playing on the same team.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

seauantea

• Getbig II
"Problem occurs when small-minded individuals claims a whole country is to blame for the flaws of persons coming from that country."

The "persons" are elected representatives acting on behalf and for the benefit of a "whole country". Care to rethink your position?

Regarding the topic of this thread, torture manuals you say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_the_Americas

America may not publicly partake in extreme torture, but she has no problems sub contracting others to torture for her benefit :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
"Problem occurs when small-minded individuals claims a whole country is to blame for the flaws of persons coming from that country."

The "persons" are elected representatives acting on behalf and for the benefit of a "whole country". Care to rethink your position?

Regarding the topic of this thread, torture manuals you say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_the_Americas

America may not publicly partake in extreme torture, but she has no problems sub contracting others to torture for her benefit :)

I am critical of the elected representative.

Not of USA as a whole.

And of course believe it is wrong to sub contracting torture to Egypt and other countries.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Hedge....what ur saying is correct..however,  there are many Europeans with short memories that come on the board and lecture us, the US, on how to behave. Bush will be gone ion a few years and the next bunch, whether they be Dems or Repubs will have to work to fix his many misteps. As far as the School of the America's...so what. They kept communism at bay in Latin America. The bottom line is that nobody..nobody plays nice. The government of the US is not on a crusade to liberate the world,(yeah i know it seems like it) It exists to make sure its people are safe and we remain economically viable. We do this, usually by breaking a few egss, but overall serving as a force for good. I make no apologies for US foreign policy as a whole..Bush as screwed up Iraq and we need to leave. The war on terror and preemption is not a bad idea, but u need to execute the stategy better.  
L