Author Topic: ‘I GOT A LOT TO SAY’: Obama refers to himself 92 times during 38-min NV speech  (Read 6966 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
LOL - I thought you Trumptards worshiped arrogance

How dare Obama use the word "I" when making a speech.  

He should really be using the third person like when Trump refers to Trump

It seems some fucking idiots counted up the times Obama used "I" in a speech and think it's a sign of arrogance

For example - Obama said he believes in a fact based reality and telling the truth

How should he have done that without using the word "I"

Should he have said "Obama believes in a fact based reality"

For a bit of perspective here are just a few examples of actual arrogance and self absorption

Good post. Cracks me up when Trump supporters try and paint anyone else as being egotistical.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Good post. Cracks me up when Trump supporters try and paint anyone else as being egotistical.
This takes us full circle to...."it's ok for a democrat (Obama) to have a huge ego but not Trump"
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
what specifically made you cringe (just not sure what you're referring to)

Kwon3

That's not joke. They sent out a Fox News correspond to ask random groups of women under 45 in public places in NYC whether they'd date a guy who supports Trump or even just supporters Kavanaugh and they all said no. They wouldn't even entertain a counterargument or a reasoned, spirited discussion on the pros & cons of the Trump administration.

White women are such ignorant assholes. Is it any surprise all other races who don't care about politics or social justice are breeding us out of existence?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Do you ever recall Reagan or Bush Sr. or Clinton or Bush Jr. going out there stumping in the midterms right after they left office, making it all about themselves and making a complete ass out of themselves in the process?

Talk about a guy with a MASSIVE inferiority complex.

LOL - so your issue is that you don't think the former POTUS should be stumping in the midterms?
You can't be fucking serious?

I thought it was his arrogance that upset you so much?

Quick reminder - Reagan had Alzheimers,  Bush Jr was political poison

I have no idea if Bush Sr did any campaigning but I wouldn't be surprised if he made a few speeches.

Let's get back to the arrogance of Obama that you claim has made you cringe

Give us some examples from his speech that made you cringe the most.

Can you do that?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

it's unbelievably tone deaf but that's the Republicans for you.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
This takes us full circle to...."it's ok for a democrat (Obama) to have a huge ego but not Trump"

I recall an attempt a few years ago to do the same thing with an Obama speech. So I listened to the speech and it was similar. "I believe in a strong America. I believe we can come together" and the right was losing their mind over his "35 times he used the word "I". Some on the right can't seem to distinguish between "I hold the record for the biggest crowd" or Nobody knows more about Isis than me" and "I want to see America do better"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

give us some examples of Obama's "huge ego"'

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
To be fair, Reagan won 49 states in the 1984 re-election and didn't show mental decline until the very last part of his 2nd term.
GHW Bush ( Pres 41) got the UN and our allies to back the first 1st Iraq War in 1991 when Kuwait was liberated from Iraq.
GW Bush ( Pres 43) didn't become political poison until the 2007 recssion with the housing mortgage collapse.

Most mid terms were fought on state/local terms until recently.
Now, politics is tribal and national based party identity.
Trump has exploited this new brand of politics and holds pep rallys to gin up his base in the mid terms.

I don't think Trump will convert anyone to his side by doing this.
It's all about getting your base to show up and vote for your team.

to be fair go take a look a a calendar

If Reagan didn't start to decline until 1987 then it makes sense he wouldn't be out stumping for the 1990 midterms

If Bush Jr was political poison in 2007 then it makes sense he wouldn't be out stumping for the 2010 midterms

Again, not sure if Bush Sr did any campaigning or made any political speeches, did fundraising events, etc..during the 1994 midterms but I would not be surprised if he did

Try to avoid getting caught up in the deflection from poly on the topic at hand

chaos

• Getbig V
I recall an attempt a few years ago to do the same thing with an Obama speech. So I listened to the speech and it was similar. "I believe in a strong America. I believe we can come together" and the right was losing their mind over his "35 times he used the word "I". Some on the right can't seem to distinguish between "I hold the record for the biggest crowd" or Nobody knows more about Isis than me" and "I want to see America do better"
Go ahead and make a list so we can compare. I'll wait.

give us some examples of Obama's "huge ego"'

‘I GOT A LOT TO SAY’: Obama refers to himself 92 times during 38-minute NV speech
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
"Unlike some, I actually try to state facts," Obama said. "I believe in facts. I believe in a fact-based reality. Fact-based politics. I don’t believe in just making stuff up. I think you should actually say to people what’s true."

5 references to himself in that statement... I happen to agree with every one. I wish the current President did

Kwon3

"Unlike some, I actually try to state facts," Obama said. "I believe in facts. I believe in a fact-based reality. Fact-based politics. I don’t believe in just making stuff up. I think you should actually say to people what’s true."

5 references to himself in that statement... I happen to agree with every one. I wish the current President did

see you tomorrow night

chaos

• Getbig V

Any previous presidents ever come out and bash their replacement?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Any previous presidents ever come out and bash their replacement?

Any previous presidents have one so bad even his own party past presidents can't support him? Thats the right question

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
;D

Good non answer. The FACT is, Trump IS so bad his Republican past presidents shudder. When has that happened before?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
To be fair, Reagan won 49 states in the 1984 re-election and didn't show mental decline until the very last part of his 2nd term.
GHW Bush ( Pres 41) got the UN and our allies to back the first 1st Iraq War in 1991 when Kuwait was liberated from Iraq.
GW Bush ( Pres 43) didn't become political poison until the 2007 recssion with the housing mortgage collapse.

Most mid terms were fought on state/local terms until recently.
Now, politics is tribal and national based party identity.
Trump has exploited this new brand of politics and holds pep rallys to gin up his base in the mid terms.

I don't think Trump will convert anyone to his side by doing this.
It's all about getting your base to show up and vote for your team.

I would argue that "W" became poison in 2005 aka Hurricane Katrina.  Had that hurricane came one year sooner, John Kerry would have been POTUS, the recession wouldn't have been the calamity it was, it would have delayed Obama's ascension by 4 years and most importantly would have spared us the present day nightmare of trump.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Good non answer. The FACT is, Trump IS so bad his Republican past presidents shudder. When has that happened before?

::)

This thread is about Obama’s inflated ego.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Still as arrogant and self absorbed as ever.

‘I GOT A LOT TO SAY’: Obama refers to himself 92 times during 38-minute NV speech
OCTOBER 22, 2018
BY KYLE OLSON

Barack Obama was supposed to talk about Nevada Senate candidate Jacky Rosen in Las Vegas on Monday.

Appearing under the guise of speaking on behalf of Democrat candidates at a University of Nevada rally, the former president really just wanted to talk about himself.

“You guys go ahead and take a seat, I got a lot to say,” he confessed just moments into his remarks.

He wasn’t kidding.

“First of all, I have to say that uh, I miss you, too!” he told an adoring fan. “I do!”

After saying “I want” twice, Obama said, “This is the most important election I can remember in my lifetime and that includes when I was on the ballot.”

He couldn’t help but claim credit for the economy under the Trump administration.

“I do think it’s kind of interesting, I just hope people kind of notice,” he said.

“And that’s what I handed off to the next guy,” he continued, referring to Trump.

After a length amount of fearmongering and setting up strawmen about the Republicans’ plans, Obama said, “I’m just— unlike some, I actually try to state facts. I believe in facts.”

You Might Like

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
“I believe in a fact-based reality,” he continued. “I don’t believe in just making stuff up. I think you should, like, actually say to people what’s true.”

He even talked about himself in the third person.

“I see Obama’s doing pretty good,” he said of those he claims are benefiting from the tax cut.

Talking about the way the federal government really works, he said, “I mean, if, if, if, if, if all it took was being president, shoot, I would have solved everything.”

All told, Obama referred to himself 92 times during his 38-minute speech.

He said “I” 85 times, “Me” 4 times, “My,” “Obama” and “Barack” once each.

Obama couldn’t help but talk about himself an average of every 24.7 seconds.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/i-got-a-lot-to-say-obama-refers-to-himself-92-times-during-38-minute-nv-speech/

Yes, because while Trump's campaigning all over the country, he's being so incredibly modest....almost never focusing the attention on himself.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I would argue that "W" became poison in 2005 aka Hurricane Katrina.  Had that hurricane came one year sooner, John Kerry would have been POTUS, the recession wouldn't have been the calamity it was, it would have delayed Obama's ascension by 4 years and most importantly would have spared us the present day nightmare of trump.

Epic living in the past because your political party can't win elections.

Maybe you and Uncle Rico can link up and get that time machine figured out.

NEWSFLASH - There isn't a hurricane or unpopular war this time to save them. The Democrats are about to get their teeth kicked in yet again!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie

Guantanamo Bay still open for business?
a

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Obama said:  "First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctor, you like your plan - you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan."

chaos

• Getbig V
Epic living in the past because your political party can't win elections.

Maybe you and Uncle Rico can link up and get that time machine figured out.

NEWSFLASH - There isn't a hurricane or unpopular war this time to save them. The Democrats are about to get their teeth kicked in yet again!
Pipe bombs?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Obama said:  "First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctor, you like your plan - you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan."

Every single word out of Obamathefag is hilarious

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Pipe bombs?

Doesn't move the needle much.

10 years ago maybe a little bit but the mainstream media's ability to spin and influence has decreased so dramatically.

In 2018, these events are now dissected online via forums, social media or alternative media commentators on Twitter or YouTube.

The general consensus I've gathered is that this was likely some person connected or supportive of the Left so it really is a moot point in regards to hurting Republican candidates.

Besides, I think people have pretty well made up their minds at this point and the Democrats just are not getting their people out in early voting like they should. Look at that post Yamcha put up a few days ago. Out of 8 battleground Senate races, 7 of them were favoring Republicans and Democrats SHOULD be well ahead in early voting. It's just not happening. They are not mobilizing their potential constituents to the ballot boxes.

Even after 2 years of non stop assault towards Trump, they do not even have a prayer of retaking Congress. Total disaster for their party.