Author Topic: VERNON GHOLSTON Appreciation thread  (Read 7270 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: VERNON GHOLSTON Appreciation thread
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 01:15:07 PM »
what i see is a bunch of armchair warriors who have never put on a set of pads talking shit about a first year rookie who will more than likely succeed with time.

body88

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
what i see is a bunch of armchair warriors who have never put on a set of pads talking shit about a first year rookie who will more than likely succeed with time.

I pled football at the NCAA level.  It was a small school and I was not even close to going pro, but I did watch Gholston play this season and barring a radical change, I don't think he will ever be more than a decent - average starter in the NFL.  I could be wrong.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »
I pled football at the NCAA level.  It was a small school and I was not even close to going pro, but I did watch Gholston play this season and barring a radical change, I don't think he will ever be more than a decent - average starter in the NFL.  I could be wrong.

bullshit.

body88

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »
I got no dog in this fight, but Mayo looked great from the beginning.  All thru camp, etc...

Gholston might turn it around, but everything I've read says the Jets are scared that he is going to be a bust.

I was a fan of Gholston coming out of OSU.  Check the sports board.  I am basing what I said on watching him play.  Just because a guy is jacked and looks great does not mean he is a good athlete.  Infact, to much muscle can hurt you as a lb.

body88

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2009, 01:19:20 PM »
bullshit.

Ok.  Arguing with you is pointless anyway.  I played at a small school in college and I watched Gholston all year.  You didn't even watch him play and I'm pretty sure you never played football in college.  Whatever though, it's not even worth bickering about.

Again, my school was not a major football program and I was not even close to being as good as the pro's.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »
Ok.  Arguing with you is pointless anyway.  I played at a small school in college and I watched Gholston all year.  You didn't even watch him play and I'm pretty sure you never played football in college.  Whatever though, it's not even worth bickering about.
can you prove that you played in college? any pictures?

body88

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »
can you prove that you played in college? any pictures?

Sure I do.  But, I will let you call me a fake and a fraud.  Getting into the pictures thing is not my style.  I will base my comments not on my football experience, I will base them on watching Gholston play this year and my best friend and college roomates (who is from NYC) opinion.  Gholston is going to be a bust, imo.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »

Sure I do.  But, I will let you call me a fake and a fraud.  Getting into the pictures thing is not my style.  I will base my comments not on my football experience, I will base them on watching Gholston play this year and my best friend and college roomates (who is from NYC) opinion.  Gholston is going to be a bust, imo.
sorry man but still have to call bullshit then.

body88

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:51 PM »
sorry man but still have to call bullshit then.

Thats ok.  We can just base my opinion on watching Gholston play.  That said I could be wrong, I am a lot.  Come check out the sports board some time for proof  :-\  Gholston =  bust.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »

I'll assume I'm not in that category, QO.... 8)