Author Topic: Made a bet, need to add 60 lbs to my bench in 5 months  (Read 2497 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Made a bet, need to add 60 lbs to my bench in 5 months
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 08:23:02 AM »
if the bet isn't alot of many, don't go crazy over it! anyway, i think in my opinion that it is a very do-able thing. you are a big guy physically, and you can psych yourself up enough to bench that much in 6 months time! YOU CAN DO IT!  BLOW THE M'ER F'ER AWAY! before i really got into lifting, i was in a benching competition to raise $ for a fraternity. you got 3 attemps, and your best one was the one you were to go with. i was a scrawney 125lbs at that time, and only 5'6. i was afraid i couldn't even bench my own bodyweight! well...I BENCHED 175LBS! even the guys that were all bigger than me were shitten' in their drawers. when i went to collect my $, one of the dudes nearly went ape shit that i benched that much! (he wanted to know what i was on!)he didn't believe i benched that much so i proved it to him, and we went to the gym again and i benched it with him looking at me. he really had respect for me after that!  i'm 5'6, 190lbs now, and am 39. i have no idea what i can bench now, but i will keep you posted!  KEEP US POSTED!   8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Made a bet, need to add 60 lbs to my bench in 5 months
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 09:50:40 PM »
The funny thing about benching is that so many people lie about their poundages that no one knows for sure what the average non-juicer should be able to bench...I've heard that a person should be able to bench their own weight but I am not sure if that's true or not...I am benching 245 for 6-8 reps x 5 sets with a 1 rep max of 255...from what I have seen in my gym there are very few people who can bench two 45lb plates on each side of the bar (total of four)...some can do it, including me, and I have only seen two guys bench 315 lbs (three 45lb plates on each side of the bar)...again this does not include juicers...If a non juicer can bench 315, he is truly a badass...I am working my way toward that mark and also I am benching 80 lb dumbbells and working my way toward 100 pounders...it's hard, but psychologically I keep pushing myself....I think some of us don't lift as much weight as we shouold because we are embarrassed and afraid others in the gym are watching/laughing at us.