Author Topic: Trust me, the surge is working............  (Read 3196 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Trust me, the surge is working............
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »
americans need to get in line and listen to their strong president.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Trust me, the surge is working............
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »
Heil Bush!

Heil Bush!

Heil Bush!

Heil Bush!
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:01:35 PM »
BOHICA

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:06:53 PM »
Is he kidding?.....i go lift at lunch and I loose the bubble on everything.  >:(
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:15:41 PM »

just give it time. we're just seeing a snapshot of the beginning stages.

lets call it the first wave to democracy.

yes another 4 years and 3500 killed 20,000 wounded and 400 billion in debt and we will reassess then.   ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »
Is Enigma using this Neurotoxin gimmick?

As far as gimmick's go it's not that bad, some of the posts are even pretty funny.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:14 PM »
No i think we're getting somewhere but its a little late I guess. I'm willing to give ita bit of time.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
a drop in the bucket (in skeletal bones) compared to vietnam.

So then it's ok, everything is fine and there's no problem with 3500 killed because more were killed in Vietnam.

And if you think about it there's nothing wrong with Vietnam because more were killed in WW2

Your logic is sound.

Meanwhile, it's a good thing for things like body armor and modern battle field medicine becuase the 3500+ would be much higher....but even then it's all ok because there were more deaths in Vietnam.

I feel better now.

You should mail your thoughts to all the mothers who lost a son in this.  it will help them feel better too.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
In any decent sense..your right. However we have to make a stand now. Here's my point...if we walk away it will send the wrong message and invite more attacks. Thats based on historical evidence. Bin laden took our retreat from Somalia, coupled with our retreat from Beruit, coupled with the Air war in Kosovo and Bosnia along with everything Clinton did during his administration and figured we'd puss out. We cannot allow these guys to get a fooothold anywhere. They threaten the entire western world. Now I believe we have to pull back....and eventually pull out. I think it can be done gradually and we have to make sure the damm Iraqi Army can function.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
In any decent sense..your right. However we have to make a stand now. Here's my point...if we walk away it will send the wrong message and invite more attacks. Thats based on historical evidence. Bin laden took our retreat from Somalia, coupled with our retreat from Beruit, coupled with the Air war in Kosovo and Bosnia along with everything Clinton did during his administration and figured we'd puss out. We cannot allow these guys to get a fooothold anywhere. They threaten the entire western world. Now I believe we have to pull back....and eventually pull out. I think it can be done gradually and we have to make sure the damm Iraqi Army can function.

And you can our retreat from Afghanistan to that too.

I agree, you have good points there.  this whole thing is such a mess with little sight of a viable solution.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »
Yeah every time I say we gotta go..i have no idea how..except we gotta do something..the surge is something and I would giove it until Sept. I have a ton of respect for Petreus.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 01:06:06 PM »
I agree, you have good points there.  this whole thing is such a mess with little sight of a viable solution.

S

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 01:25:06 PM »
I would like to believe so.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
like in all good business', it's a numbers game. even if we double the 3500, we're still well below the american publics allowable death count.

if not, congress would have acted long ago.

the numbers aren't high enough........yet.

thank God the surge is working as planned.

We're already at an unacceptable death count, I think the polls show that. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't agree with this war anymore and don't like the job Bush is doing.

I don't think Congress cares one bit about our "acceptable death" limit. Clearly their actions or lack of action are not based on what the American people think. We're not close enough to a voting cycle for them to pander to the public. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 01:39:03 PM »
IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
like in all good business', it's a numbers game. even if we double the 3500, we're still well below the american publics allowable death count.

if not, congress would have acted long ago.

the numbers aren't high enough........yet.

thank God the surge is working as planned.

Congress is acting.  It's all part of a commy plot to overthrow our way of life by those who hate freedom and peace.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
We're already at an unacceptable death count, I think the polls show that. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't agree with this war anymore and don't like the job Bush is doing.

I don't think Congress cares one bit about our "acceptable death" limit. Clearly their actions or lack of action are not based on what the American people think. We're not close enough to a voting cycle for them to pander to the public. 

the question is, is what progress have we shown in the last 4 years to justify more death and expense?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 01:45:31 PM »
lf your statement was correct, congress would have acted.

don't believe the polls.

However, we must be united in the idea that polls are valid only when they serve our purposes. 

This is vital to the restoration of true freedom monitored of course by big brother.

For example:   "Time Magazine man of the year"  G.W. Bush is a solid indication of the man's wisdom and forsight.   

BUT, if you bring up former people who were also Time Magazine men of the year: such as Hitler, Carter, Clinton and Komeini then Time Magazine is a pink=o leftest liberally slanted rag.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 01:47:56 PM »
the question is, is what progress have we shown in the last 4 years to justify more death and expense?

None, we haven't shown any progress that would justify more death and expense. In fact we've had very little progress at all, I think your other thread proves that. The governmental system we put in place has failed miserably, and miserably is being kind.

From a purely financial viewpoint we're going to be feeling the effects of this war for a long long time. The death and injuries of our soldiers won't have any lasting impact, sadly we'll put them out of our mind in a relatively short period of time.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »
Based on the criteria...Everybody but Carter should be on that list..he's an idiot of the higest magnitude.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 01:50:15 PM »
None, we haven't shown any progress that would justify more death and expense. In fact we've had very little progress at all, I think your other thread proves that. The governmental system we put in place has failed miserably, and miserably is being kind.

From a purely financial viewpoint we're going to be feeling the effects of this war for a long long time. The death and injuries of our soldiers won't have any lasting impact, sadly we'll put them out of our mind in a relatively short period of time.

Point two......absofuckinglutl ey. NOBODY CARES UNLESS ITS ELECTION TIME
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 01:52:24 PM »

yeah when you think of what 400 billion can buy and how long it's going to affect our government and economy, our ability to give aid and fund support programs it seems like a monumental waste of money to me considering the perceived threat is thousand of miles away.  What if we  put 200 billion in homeland security?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
lf your statement was correct, congress would have acted.

don't believe the polls.

As I said in the previous post, we're not close enough to an election cycle for Congress to care what we think.

By your logic then we shouldn't believe that the American public is unhappy with Congress even though the polls say they are. And you know, in this instance I think the polls show what most people already know. At least in this part of the country I don't need a poll to know what people think, I hear it and see it everyday. I think that's the same with most people.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
In fairness to the rest of us...Cadio is in the People's Democratic Republic of Massachusetts where liberalism is like a religion. My relatives don't even understand me. They can't imagine serving in the military...this generation anyway. That despite having Mitt Romney as governor. The Coasts are polarized left.
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »
In fairness to the rest of us...Cadio is in the People's Democratic Republic of Massachusetts where liberalism is like a religion. My relatives don't even understand me. They can't imagine serving in the military...this generation anyway. That despite having Mitt Romney as governor. The Coasts are polarized left.

LOL, that's the line used for Cambridge. The People's Republic of Cambridge.

BTW, you're way overstating it, liberals aren't the powerhouse they once were here. In fact outside of Deval Patrick (crook) we've had Republican Governors for more than a decade and there are many powerful republicans in local and state Government. No offense but you're not up here anymore, there are a lot of Republicans and Independents in New England.

And if you're agreeing with Enigma Neurotoxin that means you can't use the negative polls for Congress to make a point.