Author Topic: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?  (Read 79154 times)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Re: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?
« Reply #475 on: January 22, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »
Best ever, and earned every yard, dude never had a line his entire career, Brady has all day to throw, every time he drops back he has at least 7 seconds, a lot of the so called greatest all had lines, same goes for Emmit Smith, that Dallas line created giant holes for him to run through, he might have broke Walters record, but no way was he better then Payton.

If you use that criteria, then Jim Brown or Barry Sanders would be the greatest running back of all time.

I don't want to diminish Payton's accomplishments, but for "best of all time" I feel Rice and Brady were more dominant in their respective positions against their peers.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #476 on: January 22, 2017, 11:44:34 PM »
They didn't play him, they didn't need him, my point is you can put any QB with talent and they would be able to take them to the SB, if Steve Young, Montana, Marino...had that much time to throw, their stats would be astronomical.

Your arguments are the same as any joe blow, "ifs" and "buts" lame, try a different angle

Ok buddy, "put any qb with talent" so now u are saying with "talent"

Shows u know nothing the min u said "put tebow in there"

That's why it's a team sport, u need a team back there, every single elite players had help

U don't just go to 7 sb's with anyone back there

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #477 on: January 22, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »
Best ever, and earned every yard, dude never had a line his entire career, Brady has all day to throw, every time he drops back he has at least 7 seconds, a lot of the so called greatest all had lines, same goes for Emmit Smith, that Dallas line created giant holes for him to run through, he might have broke Walters record, but no way was he better then Payton.

Yes emmitt had one of the best O-line but in his 15 yr career he only rushed less than 1000 yards his final 3 seasons 02/03/04 and it was still in the 900 yards

So u are saying he had a dominant O line for 15 yrs even through AZ??

How many RB's played as long as emmitt with his health? He's the dexter Jackson of football for a rb

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #478 on: January 23, 2017, 12:23:16 AM »
Marino doesn't hang with that list. You have to win the big one. Yeah I know highlight reels, etc. but get real.

Brady wins this one he's up there with Montana no doubt.

But Marino made due with what he had... And threw loooooong bombs that were accurate.

Sinum

• Getbig II
« Reply #479 on: January 23, 2017, 02:32:02 AM »
Not really.

Best football player ever is Lionel Messi.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2017, 03:38:26 AM »
Brady is one of the alltime greats. Its his mind and work ethic...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #481 on: January 23, 2017, 04:03:20 AM »

... And their dbag coach.

If I was a head coach and my team lost to their team and I went to shake Bill's hand and he blows me off, I'd punch him Square in the fuxking mouth on live TV... Andvstsrtca gonfundme thing to pay all head coaches fines for every time they punched bill in the mouth.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #482 on: January 23, 2017, 04:12:03 AM »

He's arguably the GOAT now. If he wins another SB, even the haters couldn't disagree.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #483 on: January 23, 2017, 04:13:52 AM »
He's arguably the GOAT now. If he wins another SB, even the haters couldn't disagree.

They were winning without him.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2017, 04:46:56 AM »
He's pretty fucking good.

X2.  Second to none

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2017, 07:00:22 AM »
This x2.

I forgot all about Okoye.even thurman thomas.

Emmit is probably my all-time favorite.

Was a huge Charles Haley fan as well. I remember play Iing madden 92-96? And having 130+ sacks with Haley on my Sega Genesis. Lol.

Played strong safety, so I was kinda partial to guys like Darren woodson & john lynch (even got to train with john lynch back in like '98 or '99, i forget)

Also Brock marion,& of course Dion... Ken Norton, even russle maryland. (Was never a rod woodson fan... I did like Rodney Harrington though, even though he played for New England... And I hate New England)

.. And of course moose johnston,& mike alatott from the bucs. I think derrick brooks was my fav LB aside from norton, and warren Sapp fav lineman aside from haley... Zach Thomas from miami (&.spikes from the bills n of course N.Y.'s LT goes w/onsaying, sameness Singletary)...and I can't remember the other dude from miami either a tightend or a a fb with enormous hands.. Would catch everything ...parmalee maybe?)

Take back the LB pick of Norton, I gotta go with Greg Lloyd from the steelers. I'd place him on par with L.T. (even though im a Cowboy fan, obviously, &, hwbcw hate the Steelers.).... Kev Greene as well and of course Harrison.

.........I'm getting off track going off on tangents. Running down memory lane.

One of the best defensive backfields ever - Woodson, Marion, Deion, Kevin Smith(although i think he got injured that year), Larry Brown(Super Bowl MVP), Bill Bates.

Darren Woodson should be in The Hall of Fame, no question.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
They were winning without him.
Yep, every quarterback they have put in has done well and the team has always done well with or without him.
Maybe he is but unfortunately the above is the case. I certainly don't think so.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2017, 07:12:45 AM »
Correct. They have won plenty of Super Bowl's without him. Errrr?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2017, 07:21:56 AM »
Greatest QB ever, no doubt about it at this point. He'll beat Atlanta. Best football player though? It's debatable. There's about ten in the "modern era" that could be put in that argument.

Ray Lewis
Jerry Rice
Ed Reed
Deion Sanders
Randy Moss
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders

I'm sure there are some more if I thought about it.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2017, 07:25:41 AM »
Correct. They have won plenty of Super Bowl's without him. Errrr?
Nope, but every other quarterback put in that is average/slightly below average has won for them. Brady has not won the superbowl every single year, so you expected Cassell to win it playing one year as the starter? Point being, those other quarterbacks have been mediocre and still they win so add a good/great quarterback (Brady) and they win more, but that doesn't point to him to necessarily being the greatest. That's the issue. He was also awful as a quarterback in their first superbowl and mediocre in several others.
He is given too much credit for what the coaching staff has done. No denying that they are a great combo, but I definitely do not see him as being the greatest just because of Super Bowls.

We are not going to agree obviously but I think the argument can be made.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Greatest QB ever, no doubt about it at this point. He'll beat Atlanta. Best football player though? It's debatable. There's about ten in the "modern era" that could be put in that argument.

Ray Lewis
Jerry Rice
Ed Reed
Deion Sanders
Randy Moss
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders

Glad you put Ed Reed in there.

Randy Moss is kind of like the Griffey Jr. of football to me (different reasons but same outcome). When at their best they were the best that I've seen, but Randy slacked off a lot and that affected his stats/longevity of greatness. Griffey had injuries.

I would put Adrian Peterson in there as well. He and Sanders have probably been the two best runningbacks that I remember clearly in my time.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2017, 07:32:41 AM »

Ray Lewis
Jerry Rice
Ed Reed
Deion Sanders
Randy Moss
Emmitt Smith
Barry Sanders

Ray Lewis over Dick Butkus?
Ed Reed over Ronnie Lott?
Deion Sanders over Charles Woodson and Kenny Easely?
Emmitt Smith?

Wow, I guess everyone has their favorites

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2017, 07:33:13 AM »
Nope, but every other quarterback put in that is average/slightly below average has won for them. Brady has not won the superbowl every single year, so you expected Cassell to win it playing one year as the starter? Point being, those other quarterbacks have been mediocre and still they win so add a good/great quarterback (Brady) and they win more, but that doesn't point to him to necessarily being the greatest. That's the issue. He was also awful as a quarterback in their first superbowl and mediocre in several others.
He is given too much credit for what the coaching staff has done. No denying that they are a great combo, but I definitely do not see him as being the greatest just because of Super Bowls.

Exactly, this was my point, with a line like that you can put any decent Qb in there and they will win, look what Jimmy Garoppolo did in the beginning of the season.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: January 23, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »

I looooove Ed Reed. That guy was awesome.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: January 23, 2017, 07:36:50 AM »
Exactly, this was my point, with a line like that you can put any decent Qb in there and they will win, look what Jimmy Garoppolo did in the beginning of the season.

Ask the Denver Broncos how that worked for them.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:58 AM »
Glad you put Ed Reed in there.

Randy Moss is kind of like the Griffey Jr. of football to me (different reasons but same outcome). When at their best they were the best that I've seen, but Randy slacked off a lot and that affected his stats/longevity of greatness. Griffey had injuries.

I would put Adrian Peterson in there as well. He and Sanders have probably been the two best runningbacks that I remember clearly in my time.

Having seen both, I don't think Adrian Peterson was better than Eric Dickerson in their respective primes.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: January 23, 2017, 07:45:36 AM »
But Marino made due with what he had... And threw loooooong bombs that were accurate.

Like I said lots of highlights but no rings. The Dominique Wilkins of the NFL.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #497 on: January 23, 2017, 07:48:32 AM »
Ray Lewis over Dick Butkus over LT?
Deion Sanders over Charles Woodson and Kenny Easely?
Emmitt Smith?

Fixed.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: January 23, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »
Fixed.

I could see LT as the greatest outside linebacker of all time.

He was the single most dominant defensive player of that generation, same way Earl Campbell was the most dominant offensive player on the field when he was healthy

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: January 23, 2017, 08:47:29 AM »

Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs...the team was 16-0 the previous year.

Lawrence Taylor was the most dominant defensive player I've ever seen.