Author Topic: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?  (Read 79170 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Is Tom Brady The Best Football Player Ever?
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »
The team started 3-1 with a third string QB.  Not like they needed him.  Plus they're cheating with Mics in the WO helmets.  Watch games and see how Brady will throw it with the receivers backs turned and then at the last moment they turn around to catch the ball.  Either their have eyes in the back of their helmets or someone is telling them to turn around.  It happens way too often during games.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »
The team started 3-1 with a third string QB.  Not like they needed him.  Plus they're cheating with Mics in the WO helmets.  Watch games and see how Brady will throw it with the receivers backs turned and then at the last moment they turn around to catch the ball.  Either their have eyes in the back of their helmets or someone is telling them to turn around.  It happens way too often during games.

You mean some NFL quarterbacks can throw to receivers running timing patterns? What a cheater! ::)

You do know they practice all week before games right.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2017, 09:09:27 AM »
You mean some NFL quarterbacks can throw to receivers running timing patterns? What a cheater! ::)

Nah. there are times when he is focused on one receiver and has to change.  It's not a set route.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2017, 09:17:33 AM »
Nah. there are times when he is focused on one receiver and has to change.  It's not a set route.

I can't tell if you're serious...

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
Ray Lewis over Dick Butkus?
Ed Reed over Ronnie Lott?
Deion Sanders over Charles Woodson and Kenny Easely?
Emmitt Smith?

Wow, I guess everyone has their favorites

Yes
Yes
Maybe
Yes

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
i'd say no

it's easy to complete passes when the receivers are as wide open as they were against the steelers

the pats backup quarterbacks have won most games when he didn't play, so that hurts his case as the best ever

E
E

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »
i'd say no

it's easy to complete passes when the receivers are as wide open as they were against the steelers

the pats backup quarterbacks have won most games when he didn't play, so that hurts his case as the best ever

E

The 49ers won with Steve Young, does that mean Montana wasn't that good?

Matt Cassel won 11 games with the Kansas City Chiefs and made the pro bowl but only won 11 with one of the greatest rosters in NFL history (2007 Patriots).

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2017, 01:46:28 PM »

Matt Cassel won 11 games with the Kansas City Chiefs and made the pro bowl but only won 11 with one of the greatest rosters in NFL history (2007 Patriots).

never said he wasn't that good, i said he's not the best ever

i think both montana and young were great but they were successful because of the team around them, you could argue dan marino was better but he didn't have the team they had

jerry rice might be the best football player ever

E
E

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:19 PM »
Tom Brady is the best Qb ever.  Rice is the best overall player ever imo.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: January 23, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
never said he wasn't that good, i said he's not the best ever

i think both montana and young were great but they were successful because of the team around them, you could argue dan marino was better but he didn't have the team they had

jerry rice might be the best football player ever

E

I'm not saying the best ever either, it's too arbitrary. I just wouldn't discredit a guy because someone else played well in his absence.
Aside from Gronk and Moss (2 years), no great quarterback has  made short white receivers look better.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
Tom Brady is the best Qb ever.  Rice is the best overall player ever imo.

LT

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Exactly, this was my point, with a line like that you can put any decent Qb in there and they will win, look what Jimmy Garoppolo did in the beginning of the season.

How did that work out for the cowboys last season, they have the best O line in the league yet they had Cassell, weeden, and another 3rd string, and didn't do jack shit..

This yr they put mark Sanchez in there and he didn't do shit either

That whole saying u can put anyone back there is BS

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
One of the best defensive backfields ever - Woodson, Marion, Deion, Kevin Smith(although i think he got injured that year), Larry Brown(Super Bowl MVP), Bill Bates.

Darren Woodson should be in The Hall of Fame, no question.

I forgot all about bates! Wtf... Liked larry brown as well.  I was a def-backfield guy, so most my fav players were/are safeties and cornerbacks... And some outside linebackers. I was a huge fan of Dion as well, which kind of surprises me because if you played today I would likein him too the Kanye West of the NFL LOL.

I'm more of a fan of to Smash Mouth type defensive players life Lynch,Woodson, and Romanowski (hence my fractured c6 and degenerated c5-c6 &c6-c7 lol)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2017, 03:43:18 PM »

Interesting number to look at in 2008 when Cassel took over for an injured Brady. Cassel took 47 sacks that year. In all the years after he never came close to that number. Bill Belichick told him to hold on to the ball and take the sack if you have to. Do not throw the ball up for grabs. That and the fact that they basically had the 2007 roster is why Cassel got to 11 wins. Taking that many sacks help keep his INT rate down.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2017, 05:09:09 PM »
Cassel went 11-5 and missed the playoffs...the team was 16-0 the previous year.

Lawrence Taylor was the most dominant defensive player I've ever seen.

LT more dominant than Reggie White in his prime?

Anybody picking Ed Reed over Ronnie Lott or Darrell Green at DB just doesn't know football

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
LT more dominant than Reggie White in his prime?

Anybody picking Ed Reed over Ronnie Lott or Darrell Green at DB just doesn't know football

Obviously both great players but IMO LT could take over games from the defensive side of the ball.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »
Obviously both great players but IMO LT could take over games from the defensive side of the ball.

LT was the most dominant defensive player man on man that I remember.

On offense, with all respect to Jerry Rice and Anthony Munoz, I still think Brady is doing something we won't ever see again.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »
LT
No way.  Rice has records that'll never ever be touched.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2017, 06:21:35 PM »
Tom Brady bitches! Tom Brady. The best ever QB and Belichick is the best football coach of all time. Better than Walsh, that Green Bay guy ;D, Jimmy Johnson and everyone else.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2017, 07:48:20 PM »

Thanks for this, so I didn't have to respond to his statement.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2017, 08:03:47 PM »
Plus, can we really say Brady is better than Unitas or Staubauch? I mean, with the advent of technology, science and medicine, we are creating living robots on the field. With so many advances, it makes sense that the guys of today will look far superior to the guys of the 1950's.
X

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2017, 09:25:24 PM »
Plus, can we really say Brady is better than Unitas or Staubauch? I mean, with the advent of technology, science and medicine, we are creating living robots on the field. With so many advances, it makes sense that the guys of today will look far superior to the guys of the 1950's.

The thing with Brady is that he totally let Bill run the show. Never once called him out or bitched in public about play calling etc. I don't think in the history of the game any other elite QB would do that. Brady did and it payed off in spades. Remember Dan Marino. Some say if he had Bill B he would have won blah blah blah. Marino had one of the all time great coaches and wouldn't listen to him. He just wanted to the throw the ball all the time. History now tells us he was a major asshole who played all coked up. No way he could have lasted under Bill B. I don't think Peyton Manning would have lasted under Bill B. During the Colts run it was always Peyton's team. He had a pacifist coach had basically just let Peyton do his thing and run things. Peyton finally got another ring with Denver because he knew his arm was junk and just sat back and did what he was told. Prime Peyton wouldn't have been able to do that. Aaron Rodgers wouldn't last under Bill. Rodgers isn't a sceme guy at all and basically just plays by the seat of his pants like Farve did but without the INT's.  Constantly throwing off his back foot. No way he would be able to last under Bill B. Brady being a 6th round pick probably has alot to do with him just listening to his coach and being the best fundamental and technical QB that's ever played the game.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: January 24, 2017, 06:18:46 AM »
I forgot all about bates! Wtf... Liked larry brown as well.  I was a def-backfield guy, so most my fav players were/are safeties and cornerbacks... And some outside linebackers. I was a huge fan of Dion as well, which kind of surprises me because if you played today I would likein him too the Kanye West of the NFL LOL.

I'm more of a fan of to Smash Mouth type defensive players life Lynch,Woodson, and Romanowski (hence my fractured c6 and degenerated c5-c6 &c6-c7 lol)

Hey remember Erik Williams before his car crash?

Like back whenever he used to manhandle Reggie White??