Author Topic: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?  (Read 124451 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
Milos wasn't the first to discover this corruption.  Many others have complained, and paid the price.   It is very likely that only a reputable outsider like Milos making public accusations would make it impossible for the executives in the IFBB to ignore the problem that had been going on for so many years.

Bullshit....if there was knowledge of such things they would have been addressed some time ago...they (IFBB) could have just as well done nothing, Milos was suspended, and they ultimately don't answer to anyone.

The fact that there has been a suspension of the entire ABBF as well as Paul Chua dictates that the accusations had merit

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
Bob, you take a lot of ribbing from critics of the IFBB. Can you tell us if you have a contract with the Pro League to act as the officially appointed rep? I mean, you of all people need to protect yourself from the machinations of that mysterious organization.

You always tell us how hard you have toiled for hapless athletes like Lee and Milos yet you achieved nothing at all for them. Surely you know how to be effective in your position. How come you failed completely to get any justice for those two blokes? All the bullshitting in the world can't erase your pathetic record at representing those two athletes.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
Bob, you take a lot of ribbing from critics of the IFBB. Can you tell us if you have a contract with the Pro League to act as the officially appointed rep? I mean, you of all people need to protect yourself from the machinations of that mysterious organization.

You always tell us how hard you have toiled for hapless athletes like Lee and Milos yet you achieved nothing at all for them. Surely you know how to be effective in your position. How come you failed completely to get any justice for those two blokes? All the bullshitting in the world can't erase your pathetic record at representing those two athletes.

I'm really starting to believe that you're senile, Basile...

I'll keep this real simple for you:

1. Lee left the IFBB and went to another federation...what did you want me to do for him?\

2. Milos made accusations against a official and failed to provide proof...what did you want me to do for him?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

...they (IFBB) could have just as well done nothing, Milos was suspended, and they ultimately don't answer to anyone.

Herein lies the problem of the IFBB. It is in no way a federation of bodybuilders. It is Ben's business to control bodybuilding and bodybuilders and he appointed most people to their positions. The bodybuilders have no say. The federation should be responsible to all bodybuilders. All positions in the IFBB should be elected ones. Unless this is so there can be no democracy and justice.

Lee Priest and all pros should be allowed to enter whatever few shows they can to try to earn some money. Milos's allegations should  have been investigated at least by the pro athletes rep to see if there was any merit. You did no such thing and clearly profess your complete ignorance of the whole Asian bodybuilding scene.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2009, 06:12:41 PM »
if there was knowledge of such things they would have been addressed some time ago

are you claiming that no one has ever brought accusations regarding Chua to the IFBB before?   lots of evidence to the contrary.

as I've mentioned before, people were telling me about Chua years ago.  but since the IFBB was a privately held company owned by Ben Weider, and the ABBF was a privately held company owned by Chua, and Ben and Chua are best friends, what are you going to do?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »
Herein lies the problem of the IFBB. It is in no way a federation of bodybuilders. It is Ben's business to control bodybuilding and bodybuilders and he appointed most people to their positions. The bodybuilders have no say. The federation should be responsible to all bodybuilders. All positions in the IFBB should be elected ones. Unless this is so there can be no democracy and justice.

Lee Priest and all pros should be allowed to enter whatever few shows they can to try to earn some money. Milos's allegations should  have been investigated at least by the pro athletes rep to see if there was any merit. You did no such thing and clearly profess your complete ignorance of the whole Asian bodybuilding scene.

Are those your answers?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
are you claiming that no one has ever brought accusations regarding Chua to the IFBB before?   lots of evidence to the contrary.

as I've mentioned before, people were telling me about Chua years ago.  but since the IFBB was a privately held company owned by Ben Weider, and the ABBF was a privately held company owned by Chua, and Ben and Chua are best friends, what are you going to do?

Could have been...I wouldn't know as I've never followed asian BB

Perhaps Ben trusted Chua?  Perhaps no one ever made mention of it to Ben..?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »
  Perhaps no one ever made mention of it to Ben..?
Maybe they didn't want to be suspended.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »

Maybe you need proof.   Simple as that.

It is so easy to accuse someone of something, anytime, anywhere.  Proof is a lot of difficult.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »
Maybe you need proof.   Simple as that.

It is so easy to accuse someone of something, anytime, anywhere.  Proof is a lot of difficult.

that's what commissions or investigations discover. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
that's what commissions or investigations discover. 

You mean like the one they just had?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »
You mean like the one they just had?
yes but dont sanction or fine the accuser until the investigation is concluded NOT BEFORE because that make your organization appear stupid.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
As Tim has pointed out,

Others have "gone through the proper channels" regarding Chua, and were silenced for their troubles.

Without Ben's protection, Chua is now out.

Milos was made the fall guy, but Bob chick looks out for his athletes.  ::)

The real question is why did Ben allow such corruption to exist??

What Milos did was take matters into his own hands....had he gone through me, or alerted Jim/ Ben/ Raphael or any other person that could have advised him of the proper way to go about it...he never would have been suspended and this matter might just as well been taken care of much faster and with just cause...

You need to know how the process works before making such statements....it's much like the law and due process. You cant levy charges without proof, plain and simple.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
yes but dont sanction or fine the accuser until the investigation is concluded NOT BEFORE because that make your organization appear stupid.
LOL, how dare you bring logic into this?!?! >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
The IFBB is not quite as ethical an organization as you portray it to be.

Milos is the first high profile person to point out the corruption in the ABBF, but not the first.

Bullshit....if there was knowledge of such things they would have been addressed some time ago...they (IFBB) could have just as well done nothing, Milos was suspended, and they ultimately don't answer to anyone.

The fact that there has been a suspension of the entire ABBF as well as Paul Chua dictates that the accusations had merit

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #390 on: April 21, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
I posted this (below) the other day. Just thought I might try again as none of you seem to get it.

You have a lot of patience Bob, none of these imbeciles have a clue as to how much you do behind the scenes for the pros that you represent.

Maybe the amateurs should get an athletes rep. Maybe Basile or his mate Frank could do it, they seem to know everything.

What is that you (collection of retards) don't understand.

Chick is the athletes rep for the IFBB Pro League.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the amateurs.

He does a good job, that is thankless, underrated and unpaid. Yet he still bothers to come on here and do his best to answer every single question and accusation you dellusionites have. He is able to represent every pro that asks for help, regardless of his like or dislike for them and is always even in his treatment of the pros he represents.

Keep up the good work Bob.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »
I posted this (below) the other day. Just thought I might try again as none of you seem to get it.

You have a lot of patience Bob, none of these imbeciles have a clue as to how much you do behind the scenes for the pros that you represent.

Maybe the amateurs should get an athletes rep. Maybe Basile or his mate Frank could do it, they seem to know everything.

and in business we say to shit remarks like yours:  thanks for nothing.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2009, 07:37:45 PM »

LOL, what does that have to do with him chodling The Powers That Be nuts?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »
agreed...
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »
As Tim has pointed out,

Others have "gone through the proper channels" regarding Chua, and were silenced for their troubles.

Without Ben's protection, Chua is now out.

Milos was made the fall guy, but Bob chick looks out for his athletes.  ::)

The real question is why did Ben allow such corruption to exist??

Tim didn't say anything of the sort....what he said was that Milos was not the first to raise the issue....he made no mention of having any insight that the proper channels were made, or any official complaint was made, etc...

Again, you're assuming Ben knew of any wrongdoing... we don't know that, and never will.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #395 on: April 21, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
Tim didn't say anything of the sort....what he said was that Milos was not the first to raise the issue....he made no mention of having any insight that the proper channels were made, or any official complaint was made, etc...

yes I think I did

Again, you're assuming Ben knew of any wrongdoing... we don't know that, and never will.

God that sounds so naïve

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »

Debussey! Goatboy! Come on floatsam! My bed is ready!

Fair dinkum!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: April 21, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »

Oh...my bad Tim...."People were telling YOU"

That certainly constitutes official

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »

Thank you Mr Businessman. You sound so important...

Maybe I could get you to run one of my businesses.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
Thank you Mr Businessman. You sound so important...

Maybe I could get you to run one of my businesses.

nah mine are all legit