Author Topic: Open letter / apology to true adonis - a calorie is a calorie  (Read 42468 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Open letter / apology to true adonis - a calorie is a calorie
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:01 AM »
The brain is the mind right...

Sugar is not an essential nutrient, meaning we can survive without it. Cocaine is not needed to survive but at times people who get addicted feel like they can't survive without it.

And definitely bbing will give you eating disorders...we're not normal man lol. But it's the price you pay for achieving a certain look...just like those bulemic models.

this^^^^

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
Seems like a pretty good approach to me. Looks like you've worked in a caloric/macronutrient cycling that works for most people. Kind of priming your body by not keeping things constant with the typical bbing diet. Nutrients are going exactly where they need to with this approach...especially with gear.

Question about the training though, you say you train fasted. Do you train in the morning?

How long have you gone without a meal when you train?

typically I'll have gone without eating 10-12 hours before I train.

galienko and others- I think what you'll start to find us that you'll actually in the long run consume less calories from junk food like ice cream and sugars simply because you can eat them
when you want. you don't put such a high value in their consumption and therefor way less likely to binge when you know you can have it whenever you want.

this is the way my body goes. I've been starving for about 5 days now. couldn't eat enough. today I woke up and didnt even want the Karolyn. I had one scoop of xtend while I trained. since then I've had 1/4 pound of blueberries , 3 slices of pineapple and a coffee and it's 2pm. that's it. I'm just not hungry. in not going to eat cause 'conventional wisdom' says I should. conventional wisdom will make you fat. listen to your body. it's a remarkable mechanism. it'll let you know what it needs and when it needs it.

cheers.  
b

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »
typically I'll have gone without eating 10-12 hours before I train.

galienko and others- I think what you'll start to find us that you'll actually in the long run consume less calories from junk food like ice cream and sugars simply because you can eat them
when you want. you don't put such a high value in their consumption and therefor way less likely to binge when guy know you can have it whenever you want.

this is the way my body goes. I've been starving for about 5 days now. couldn't eat enough. today I woke up and didnt even want the Karolyn. I had one scoop of xtend while I trained. since then I've had 1/4 pound of blueberries , 3 slices of pineapple and a coffee and it's 2pm. that's it. I'm just not hungry. in not going to eat cause 'conventional wisdom' says I should. conventional wisdom will make you fat. listen to your body. it's a remarkable mechanism. it'll let you know what it needs and when it needs it.

cheers.  

Exactly!!

Its not like you're eating ice cream all day...you're still getting some good food in you. Plus, it's not like you're eating 7,000 plus calories day in and day out. Looks something like an intermittent fast with caloric cycling if someone where to put a label on what you're doing btw. Whatever it is its something you've found that is working for you from personal experience.

I don't know why you're getting so much shit over here. Never took you for a bullshitter..probably one of the few honest guys on here. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:00 AM »
noone, iactualy fully agree with not to eat by the clock, esp when not hungry.this is very very important.

i always used to have such portions so id be hungry after 2,3 or 4 hourse again anyway.

but yes, i see your points, and besides, if its muscles build over years, they wont just disappear into nowhere , esp on drugs.

however, what im convinced of, is, to get as lean as possible as quickly as possible, my approach always did the job very fast.

but in the way describe things, maintaiting the current bodyfat with your kind of approach should be possible.

you just didnt clarify in so much detaail first, so ppl would call bs.

ill give it more time, it should work ok, bc i just thought if i have this weekly monster cheat meal divided in portions throughout the week instead of one big go, why would anything be different.

and as im not competining, who even cares if im 5,6 or even 8% bodyfat.
THERE YA GO,,,WELL SPOKEN G..

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
so, very shortly after this eating, fingerthick veins are popping out everywhere, unflexed.

cant say i dislike that :D

Carb load. Feels awesome.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2012, 11:45:48 AM »
objection,lol,i feel like shit, tired, but theres veins everywhere, the legs look like spiderweb, veins from top all the way down to side abs.

body feels liks giving away alot of heat, like steam machine, and the hot humid weather doesnt help.

so yeah, feeling is soso, looking is great. :D

lower back feels somewhat soft, but think thats psychological :)

x2

it usually means a gassy coma for me.  ;D

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
i find it funny when someone whos been training for a while starts a thread cause there in a  rare growth spurt (which doesn't come often when you've been training for that long)...and some guys get super bitter and  jealous, cause what they're doing in the gym isn't fucking working :) 

kind of like when I found EQ and made that  thread a while back showing what it did to me in such a short amount of time from my old pictures and everyone got all pissed off. no different than the thread groink made when he leaned out, thread  bigbobs made when he transformed himself  that time from a soft 250 to a ripped stud. best off just worring about yourself and your own physique and take what you can....your stuck with your own body at the end of the day anyways when its all said and done
l

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »
Don't be fooled....There is a HUGE difference between "eating by the clock" and "eating whatever the fuck you want when you want with no limitations". There is a further difference between this all and the idea that a "calorie is a calorie".

No One's diet consists of tons of bad fats, cholesterol, Sodium, Sugar and excessive amounts of calories (unless he runs a marathon a day).

The argument "A calorie is a calorie" can be extended to the argument that "I can eat only snickers all day ever day, as long as I get enough calories and I can be huge and ripped." It doesn't work that way.

"No one" has moved the goalpost in the past several pages. The people who deny the fallacy that "a calorie is a calorie" don't all support the idea that bodybuilders should eat by the clock, hungry or not.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
Don't be fooled....There is a HUGE difference between "eating by the clock" and "eating whatever the fuck you want when you want with no limitations". There is a further difference between this all and the idea that a "calorie is a calorie".

No One's diet consists of tons of bad fats, cholesterol, Sodium, Sugar and excessive amounts of calories (unless he runs a marathon a day).

The argument "A calorie is a calorie" can be extended to the argument that "I can eat only snickers all day ever day, as long as I get enough calories and I can be huge and ripped." It doesn't work that way.

"No one" has moved the goalpost in the past several pages. The people who deny the fallacy that "a calorie is a calorie" don't all support the idea that bodybuilders should eat by the clock, hungry or not.

shut up, stupid.

your a Buddhist vegan college student, and undoubtedly homosexual.

who the fuck would listen to you? lol

beat it, nancy.
b

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »
Dick Lint coming back once again to take more pummeling as he hangs onto the ropes for dear life!

Rope a dope!  ;D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: August 10, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »
Dick Lint coming back once again to take more pummeling as he hangs onto the ropes for dear life!

Rope a dope!  ;D

lol! I can just imagine how much terrifying sheer mass a Buddhist vegan college student would have. :D

maybe someone should tell dicklint this is a bbing forum. nobody give a fuck about getting protein from hemp and organic peanut butter.
b

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
lol! I can just imagine how much terrifying sheer mass a Buddhist vegan college student would have. :D

maybe someone should tell dicklint this is a bbing forum. nobody give a fuck about getting protein from hemp and organic peanut butter.

LOL @ hemp!  ;D

Hemp sprinkled on bean sprouts is his main massbuilding secret!  :D

Funny stuff bro!  ;)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
 :D

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »

www.facebook.com/kentaro.rashie
b

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2012, 02:47:45 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »

ahahahahahahaha

this one is going to be brutal.
b

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
Doesn`t that look mouth wateringly delicious ?  ;D

Mass building food at its very best!

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »

'rashie' is not amused.
b

DKlent

• Getbig III
« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #319 on: August 21, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
Disgusted will now Meltdown.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: August 21, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
Disgusted will now Meltdown.

;D No you're actually right for once.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #321 on: August 21, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
;D No you're actually right for once.
About the Meltdown I assume.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2012, 09:39:39 PM »
About the Meltdown I assume.

The word "no" in the beginning of my response should have clued you in that I meant you are right about a calorie being a calorie.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »
i like to bust his balls in general but i do owe him an apology for running him into the ground over his 'a calorie is a calorie' stance.

for the past couple months i have not followed a bbing diet at all. i dont counts cals/ carbs/ protein or fat. i eat when im hungry and dont eat if im not. i have stopped taking in protein powder altogether- i might get if im really lucky 150 grams of protein a day.

i have never looked this good or have been this lean at a 'daily walking around' bodyfat level. im maybe a couple percent off contest right now.

BUT heres the disclaimer- i am using 4iu of gh a day and i know this is helping, but holy fuck to think i used to suffer thru not eating what i wanted to FOR YEARS.

the template is simple- eat when your hungry- not by the clock- but dont let yourself get to the point where you get so hungry you over eat. some days i eat only twice a day, others 4 or 5. if im not hungry i dont eat. do 20min high intensity cardio post workout. i also train fasted. forget about meal timings, anabolic windows and all that other bullshit supplement companies sell us. eat fruit- im eating a ton of fruit- the one thing your 'not supposed' to eat- a pound of pineapple a day, 2 pounds of grapes a day for example. eat what you want, when you want. the only thing i do do is avoid digesting fats within 2 hours of my workout, i stick to a pretty clean chicken- potato or lean ground beef potato meal. maybe thats not necessary but its the one habit i havent kicked yet.

so, adonis- you were right. i was wrong. im enjoying life cause i love to eat, my training is better, my energy is better.

cheers.

I doubted Adonis too!

I tried his diet and it worked.  I looked awesome.  I'm on my way back from the brink of fatness again using his principles.

It's the way it should be.  Getting into shape can be a great, enjoyable hobby.