Author Topic: Ron Avidan wins the "Bodybuilding Media" Award!  (Read 11014 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ron Avidan wins the "Bodybuilding Media" Award!
« on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:44 PM »
On PBW they announced a new award called "Achievement in Bodybuilding Media".  

Here's a transcript from what they said on the show about this years winner, our very own RON AVIDAN!

"Were gonna do something we have never done here on this show….announcing a new award  – and this award was created to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions in the area of using “new media” to provide fans with more ways to follow the sport.  The individuals considered for the award are those of have paved the way and have helped create the model by which others have followed.  - These are the “game changers”…the people who helped create the blueprint, during the technological boom.  -- And guys, the inaugural winner of the award is a guy who created a website back in 1995 long before online bodybuilding communities were popular.  A guy who managed to build the online bodybuilding community that all others are compared to.  He is passionate about the sport….he cares deeply about its advancement….and his website “GetBig.com” remains one of the most visited online bodybuilding destinations in the world.  –The man who created the website and helped revolutionize the bodybuilding internet movement, Ron Avidan is the recipient of the 2011 “Achievement in Bodybuilding Media Award”

CONGRATS RON.  YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Audio of the recoring: www.flashrob.com/ron-award.mp3

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: RON AVIDAN WINS "BODYBUILDING MEDIA" AWARD!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
Congrats Ron. If only the majority represented bodybuilding as well as you do...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
Congrats Ron.  You are the pioneer of bodybuilding forums....well done! 

dustin

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 05:49:56 PM »
Ron is the man. 1000 fellatios to him for hosting the best internet boarding in existence.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »
Not to take anything away from Ron, but we all know 50% of that award goes to gh15.

;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 06:03:57 PM »
go ronaldo...  8)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
Can someone get this man an orange chicken pic?

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
does this make me famous

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »
Congrats Ron, well deserved ...
L

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
no ads, no bs videos, fairly loose reigns on forums, no pandering to 'pros',

god bless our great leader

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 06:36:44 PM »
Well done Ron, getbig was the first forum that I ever posted on around 1997. You have come a long way brother.  Much respect!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:46 PM »
Audio of the recoring: www.flashrob.com/ron-award.mp3

Stavios

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
Getbig is the numero uno board on the interwebz, thanks to Yaroni Avidan

8)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 07:11:56 PM »
Congratulaions,Ron
Getbig is CNN & TMZ of bodybuilding.

Impactedman

• Getbig II
  • youstinklikepoop
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 08:15:25 PM »
Congrats, Ron. Well deserved.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
Well deserved Ron!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

to the best administrator in history of bodybuilding internet era,, the first one who held freedom of speech as first priority,,

WELL DESERVED!

this is such good news,, he is so deserve of trhis ,, so deserve,, he change alot with this medium he created back in mid 90s,,im vbery hapy ,, very very happy

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ron Avidan wins the "Bodybuilding Media" Award!
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 11:27:53 PM »
Wow - I truly am honored.  Getbig was started as a place for information, discussion, and to meet a lot of interesting people who somehow enjoyed bodybuilding, the industry and wanted to know more about things.  At the time, there was no place to get contest information, contest results, magazine information and simple knowledge about bodybuilding and its history.  Tried to start that, with very little advertising, and still keep many parts, including the boards, advertisement free.  

Over the years, I have met a lot of people from the boards, from all over the world, and some of my very good friends too.  Getbig keeps me entertained, happy, sometimes riles me up, but in the end, I still like to come back and work on it, check out the latest happenings and see what is up.

Most important, without various personalities who come here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all. 

I have learned that in order to have balance in life, family, friends, work, play and getbig are all important.  With every negative there are usually a lot more positives.  

Thank you Dan for the award, it is very much appreciated.   As I like to, I stay behind the scenes when I can, but I am also a big fan of bodybuilding (and always bikini and figure).  As it should be.

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 11:55:47 PM »
congratulations mate !

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 07:28:21 AM »
Congrats, Ronaldo! Nice when these things happen to good people.    :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »
Congrats Ron! :D
R

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
congrats ron

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
Ron is the Eugene Sandow of modern bodybuilding media. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:08 AM »
Wow - I truly am honored.  Getbig was started as a place for information, discussion, and to meet a lot of interesting people who somehow enjoyed bodybuilding, the industry and wanted to know more about things.  At the time, there was no place to get contest information, contest results, magazine information and simple knowledge about bodybuilding and its history.  Tried to start that, with very little advertising, and still keep many parts, including the boards, advertisement free.  

Over the years, I have met a lot of people from the boards, from all over the world, and some of my very good friends too.  Getbig keeps me entertained, happy, sometimes riles me up, but in the end, I still like to come back and work on it, check out the latest happenings and see what is up.

Most important, without various personalities who come here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all. 

I have learned that in order to have balance in life, family, friends, work, play and getbig are all important.  With every negative there are usually a lot more positives.  

Thank you Dan for the award, it is very much appreciated.   As I like to, I stay behind the scenes when I can, but I am also a big fan of bodybuilding (and always bikini and figure).  As it should be.

Congrats Big Ron

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »

Most important, without various personalities GH15 who comes here and post,  it wouldnt be Getbig. Without many of you, some new, some very old from years past, there wouldnt be a place to visit.  And it wouldnt have let me take pictures, write articles, and meet some of you who are in the supplement industry or not.  I thank you all. 

Well done Ron, & thanks for not banning me  ;)

PT
Growth/noob loves me