Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 284206 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #2600 on: January 17, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »
He should be able to play if his not in pain, depends if cuban still would want him.
I like dirk. BTW what happen to Ray Allen?? I will lose so much repsect if he signs to cleveland after the allstar break.

Dirk is like Troy Aikman, Mike Modano, Roger Staubach "Big" in Dallas...i.e. One of the all time Dallas sports legends.

I couldn't imagine a scenario where Cuban would not want Dirk to be a part of the team.

Guys like all the ones listed above pretty much leave on their own terms which is extremely rare in sports history.

And people might say "well Aikman left because of concussions" and that is true BUT if Aikman had wanted to come back, they would have let him.

That is what makes the Kobe thing so difficult in LA. He IS Mr. Laker. An all time great. It's just hard to cut bait with those guys after the legacy they have left.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2601 on: January 17, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »
Poly,

How about Jordan? is it true chicago told him to fuck off when he asked to come back?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2602 on: January 17, 2015, 04:13:44 PM »
Poly,

How about Jordan? is it true chicago told him to fuck off when he asked to come back?

I can't really say for sure. For a few years there in the early 90's where I was a avid league wide follower but since then I pretty much just narrowed my watching to the Mavs. I did read "The Jordan Rules"but again that was 20 years ago. Seems like general manager Jerry Krause had some friction with the players and Phil Jackson but beyond that I can't remember much.

I just remember that last season where he signed the one year 30 million dollar contract with Chicago and hit the big shot against the Jazz and just seemed to disappear until popping up a few years later with The Wizards.

If the Jordan Rules bears any truth though it seems Jordan could be a bit abrasive as a teammate and perhaps that hurt his prospects of coming back with the team?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2603 on: January 17, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
In Japanese, Kobe means black man with HUGE COCK.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2604 on: January 17, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »
Me too.  Two years ago when he was scoring 25 ppg still on his highest FG% in like 10 years he was basically a shoe-in to break the record if he felt like playing long enough.  It's too bad he'll never approach it now.

d'antoni playing him all those minutes killed him ( I get that father time remains undefeated but after 4 consecutive seasons of decreasing minutes D'antoni pushed over 3000; if he was at more conservative number, say 2600 MAYBE  his achilles doesn't go; but we'd still have the playoffs that year so....).
The all time scoring leaders in the NBA is by and large a tall man's fraternity.

Being around the 7 foot mark just allows you to hang around for a few more seasons and ultimately the scoring record is a longevity record.

Just look at a guy like Dirk Nowitski...nobody would ever say he is near the scorer Michael Jordan was but he could conceivably pass or at the very least approach Jordan on the all time scoring list because he is an effective 7 footer who can get his shot off and teams will always have a place on their roster for guys like that.

http://espn.go.com/nba/history/leaders

Not trying to be an argumentative know it all but that list is surprising with the amount of modern/current players on it, and over half of them are 6"8 and under wing players.

That said Dirk has a realistic shot at the record during to the fact that his game is based on his skill set and not on his athleticism. 

Amazing hoe many greats are playing today.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2605 on: January 17, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »
Dirk doesn't really have ot kill himself playing hard either.  He just takes it easy, scores his points, and like shaq, he'll get an extra 5 years of playing in by taking it easy.  Kobe's running thru screens and breaking his ankles trying to trot down steph Curry... Dirk just jogging down court and leaning on the big man.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2606 on: January 17, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »
Great points, the longevity is in Dirks favor.   He can spend his last seasons as sixth man scorer,  I'm assuming this wouldn't happen but I think he'd be willing to sacrifice his ego for the sake of the team; not the same type of alpha as Kobe or Iverson (AI at the end was sad, that Piston run with Micheal Curry was the casket closing early).

I wonder how much Dirk was influenced by guys like Stackhouse,  Jamison, Finley, VC, even Walker; guys who were stars or big number guys who sacrificed their game to win.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #2607 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:04 PM »
Dirk has a slim shot at the record but I don't see it happening.  As of today he's almost 11,000 points away still.  He'd have to average 20 pts/g for another six seasons after this one, if he plays all 82 games.

Kobe on the other hand would only have needed about two more 20 ppg seasons after this one.  It's not unheard of that he could still do it but the way he's talking this year I can't see him playing 300 more games.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2608 on: January 18, 2015, 09:04:31 AM »

Not trying to be an argumentative know it all but that list is surprising with the amount of modern/current players on it, and over half of them are 6"8 and under wing players.

That said Dirk has a realistic shot at the record during to the fact that his game is based on his skill set and not on his athleticism. 

Amazing hoe many greats are playing today.

True there are alot of wingmen in the top 30 or so but if you look at the top 10 it's basically 8 guys who were around 6'9 and taller and a couple of just amazing big guards who were just exceptional scorers (Jordan and Bryant). It's that height that allowed those other guys to stick around a few more seasons into their late 30s and accumulate more total points where as the talented 6'4 guy had to call it a career a little earlier.

Great points, the longevity is in Dirks favor.   He can spend his last seasons as sixth man scorer,  I'm assuming this wouldn't happen but I think he'd be willing to sacrifice his ego for the sake of the team; not the same type of alpha as Kobe or Iverson (AI at the end was sad, that Piston run with Micheal Curry was the casket closing early).

I wonder how much Dirk was influenced by guys like Stackhouse,  Jamison, Finley, VC, even Walker; guys who were stars or big number guys who sacrificed their game to win.

I'm certain Finley definitely had the biggest impact out of all those guys on Dirk's career. When Dirk was just the skinny, dorky looking Euro that some people thought was going to be a bust Finley was already well established as "the man" on the Dallas roster. But Finley was always a true professional and after about 3 seasons in when Dirk got into 25 points per game mode, Finley gracefully stepped back and sort of handed the reins of the team to Dirk. Nothing but good things to say about Michael Finley. A class act and the consummate teammate.

I kind of miss that old trio of Dirk, Finley and Nash. They were the group who pulled the Mavs out of the pit of NBA laughingstocks to that of one of the most successful NBA franchises over the past 15 years.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2609 on: January 21, 2015, 07:21:11 AM »
I'm going to be the FIRST to predict LBJ blows up again.  by the time the playoffs arrive, and Love is happy, coach blatt is popular, the Cavs are 2nd or 3rd in the East, and the idiot announcers are talking about how lebron decided to add more red meat to his diet to blow up 20 pounds again lol.

The timing of the break is too suspect, waiting until the 1st, as he might see from a doctor for legal or long-term rest reasons.  "Bron, you take 6 months off, and I'll put you back on it, the first of the year..."  Then LBJ suddenly takes off two week.   Cavs should have won game 1, and they took games 2 and 3 already. 

I predicted LBJ was going back to CAVS during the playoffs, before anyone even thought it.
I'm predicting, in mid-Jan, that LBJ just got back on the GH and he's about to blow up and start smashing people again.

Here it is - Bleacher Report says LeBron is "healthy" again and that he looks like a different player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2336175-bad-news-nba-positive-healthy-lebron-james-looking-like-a-different-player

And Colin cowherd talking about how many guys in the NBA are getting back on gh this year, blood doping. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2610 on: January 21, 2015, 08:39:31 AM »
Poly,

Jordan was a greedy selfish guy.  Total dick.  They didn't want him back because near the end he wasn't worth $30 million a year

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2611 on: January 21, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
Here it is - Bleacher Report says LeBron is "healthy" again and that he looks like a different player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2336175-bad-news-nba-positive-healthy-lebron-james-looking-like-a-different-player

And Colin cowherd talking about how many guys in the NBA are getting back on gh this year, blood doping. 
Everything you said was spot on.
Lebron has been a different person in the last week, he has been dunking on
Teams, kudos to his doctor.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #2612 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »
LeBron's been back for 5 games.  

They barely lost game 1.  They have been 4-0 since then.    

"LeBron is terrifying again"
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/19/7852877/lebron-james-stats-highlights-injury-nba-cleveland-cavaliers

So what will be his "public" stance on why he's getting jacked again, why the shoulders (we all know delts and quads blow up first on gear) are big again.   "I'm eating more" or "I started a weightlifting program?"  LOL...

He's not "miami" big yet, but he's sure as shit not Cleveland skinny anymore.  Three weeks back on the gas... its shows.  Dunking nonstop after lacking that power all year.  He's back ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2613 on: January 21, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »
PEDS

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2614 on: January 22, 2015, 01:21:46 AM »

They barely lost game 1.  They have been 4-0 since then.    

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/19/7852877/lebron-james-stats-highlights-injury-nba-cleveland-cavaliers

So what will be his "public" stance on why he's getting jacked again, why the shoulders (we all know delts and quads blow up first on gear) are big again.   "I'm eating more" or "I started a weightlifting program?"  LOL...

He's not "miami" big yet, but he's sure as shit not Cleveland skinny anymore.  Three weeks back on the gas... its shows.  Dunking nonstop after lacking that power all year.  He's back ;)

The public do know its HGH, if you go to ESPN comments  you will see that many believe his on PED'S and they all know since "Rehab" in Miami he has come backed jacked and with "Swag".

240 You called this my man. I am glad his on HGH, his worth watching when his on it, and i will never hold it against him.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2615 on: January 22, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »

They barely lost game 1.  They have been 4-0 since then.   

So what will be his "public" stance on why he's getting jacked again, why the shoulders (we all know delts and quads blow up first on gear) are big again.   "I'm eating more" or "I started a weightlifting program?"  LOL...

GH15 is laughing in his grave

GH is GODs serum,, it takes average BronLe baseketball player and make in superstra,, yes lebonr is aberage,, GH make him a star,,Jordan had best cadavar GH,,Jordan would eat baby pituitary gland ever day,, lebron lucky to be 5 feet 5 inches tall but good GH like kigtopina make him 6 feet 10 ichnes tall and dunk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2616 on: January 22, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
The public do know its HGH, if you go to ESPN comments  you will see that many believe his on PED'S and they all know since "Rehab" in Miami he has come backed jacked and with "Swag".

240 You called this my man. I am glad his on HGH, his worth watching when his on it, and i will never hold it against him.

agreed!  LeBron showed us exactly what we get if we want sports without drugs.   Anytime anyone complains about PED in sports, ask them which LeBron they want to watch. 

We look back to the 90s... the best players like Jordan, David Robinson... they were ripped to ribbons muscular. The athletes willing to get on the drugs are going to be 10% better than everyone else out there. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2617 on: January 22, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »
agreed!  LeBron showed us exactly what we get if we want sports without drugs.   Anytime anyone complains about PED in sports, ask them which LeBron they want to watch. 

We look back to the 90s... the best players like Jordan, David Robinson... they were ripped to ribbons muscular. The athletes willing to get on the drugs are going to be 10% better than everyone else out there. 

Don't forget about Karl Malone who was a linebacker who played basketball

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2618 on: January 22, 2015, 09:35:19 AM »
Don't forget about Karl Malone who was a linebacker who played basketball

:o
Yeah, the best dudes of the 90s were on steroids.  The best dudes of today are on GH.  LeBron is crushing fools now. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2619 on: January 22, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
Jordan was a greedy selfish guy.  Total dick.  They didn't want him back because near the end he wasn't worth $30 million a year

Yep i agree Jordan is a dickhead but he is worth the 30M/year, the bulls make that in a few days/weeks in ticket, merchandise sale.

I think it got to the point where they just couldn't stand him anymore and were happy to let him go, even if it cost them money.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2620 on: January 22, 2015, 02:03:52 PM »

I kind of miss that old trio of Dirk, Finley and Nash. They were the group who pulled the Mavs out of the pit of NBA laughingstocks to that of one of the most successful NBA franchises over the past 15 years.

I remember Michael Finley, amazing guy, he always showed up to play.
When Dirk retires it will be sad. Dirk travelled to Australia after Miami beat them in 06. He regrouped and came back stronger.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2621 on: January 22, 2015, 02:06:35 PM »

if NBA wasnt on drugs then I believe it would be pathetic.

Lebron looked terrible when his clean, but his a beast when his on it. This guy is unstoppable.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2622 on: January 22, 2015, 02:17:03 PM »
Kobe is out with a torn rotator cuff.

Shut it down and prepare for the last season.

Its been a horrible 2 years for Kobe and his team. I am not sure when the last time Kobe was in the playoffs.

I hope he sits down and does not try aim for the all star game. I fucken hate the allstar game.

Kobe has taken games off, he is not practicing, this is normal, I read that Phil Jackson had Jordan sit out practices also so that's OK.

Kobe is beat up now, physically his struggling, if the Lakers get the 1st pick and a great free agent, Kobe will be refreshed mentally. I think it will be great to see this guy end his career in the playoffs and not in a regular season game.

It is hard to be motivated with Robert Sacre, Jeremy Lin and everyone else on that roster.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2623 on: January 22, 2015, 02:26:37 PM »
Kobe is out with a torn rotator cuff.

Shut it down and prepare for the last season.

Its been a horrible 2 years for Kobe and his team. I am not sure when the last time Kobe was in the playoffs.

I hope he sits down and does not try aim for the all star game. I fucken hate the allstar game.

Kobe has taken games off, he is not practicing, this is normal, i read that Phil Jackson had Jordan sit out practices also so that's OK.

Kobe is beat up now, physically his struggling, if the lakers get the 1st pick and a great free agent, kobe will be refreshed mentally.

It is hard to be motivated with Robert Sacre Jeremy Lin and everyone else on that roster.

Was just about to post this. We all knew it was coming.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2624 on: January 22, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
I was telling arce via text before the season began that kobe is a savvy veteran, high NBA IQ
physically he cannot compete with the 23 yr olds now, a 36-37 yr old body is not able to sustain a NBA schedule.

I believe kobe hates his wife and will try everything in his power to stay away from her.