Author Topic: Arnold Classic get Big "meet up"  (Read 2312 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Arnold Classic get Big "meet up"
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:20:44 AM »
I was curious if any of the Get Big regulars wanted to meet at some pt during the 2008 ASC comming up?
I have met a few folks from the board at various shows over the years, like Issac and Ron A, etc.
For some reason(s), it is tough meeting most of the get big crowd at a show?
Here I am for the 10000000 time, if ya see my ugly mug and fat body, say hey at the ASC.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: Arnold Classic get Big "meet up"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:21:37 AM »
Tell that woman to get a fuckin haircut

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:22:16 AM »
im gonna avoid you
Z

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:22:46 AM »
Tell that woman to get a fuckin haircut
Yeah she would look real sexy with a mohawk!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:31:56 AM »
This "meet up" thread is quickly starting to crash and burn. No biggy, I still make the offer to any interested. Here is my 2 cents on why so few get big people ever meet at shows:

1. I suspect most never even attend bodybuilding events , unless they are local.

2. Many here want to remain hidden behind the cpu screen for whatever reason and have no desire to meet and speak as themself  with anyone else on the board in real life.

Kinda sad really, it is always fun to meet other musclehedz.
Howard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:33:51 AM »
are you driving to Columbus or flying Howie?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »
Actually, I'll probably go to this. I will meet up for lunch or shooting the shit, drinks, whatever with any of you fuckers.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 08:52:36 AM »
I heard Dp is bringing some more of his crip bro's so watch your wallets.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 08:54:13 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM ;D
that hugepecs ???

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »
Attending an organised Getbig meet at The Arnold is almost like signing your own death warrant. 

Derek Antony will most likely get wind of the meeting, burst out of a nearby closet "AND SMASH ALL THOSE FUCKIN' HATERZ TO PIECES, BITCHES!!!!!!1"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 09:25:13 AM »
Attending an organised Getbig meet at The Arnold is almost like signing your own death warrant. 

Derek Antony will most likely get wind of the meeting, burst out of a nearby closet "AND SMASH ALL THOSE FUCKIN' HATERZ TO PIECES, BITCHES!!!!!!1"

DA won't do anything to anybody.  The only thing he has the balls to do is spit semen crusted saliva, and any real man would knock hip toupee off if he did that.( Besides Vince)

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 09:27:40 AM »
DA won't do anything to anybody.  The only thing he has the balls to do is spit semen crusted saliva, and any real man would knock hip toupee off if he did that.

Yeah that's what i thought, until I saw that vid of him punching a punch bag.  He's obviously not just a 'hardcore bodubuilder', but a boxer also. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »
Yeah that's what i thought, until I saw that vid of him punching a punch bag.  He's obviously not just a 'hardcore bodubuilder', but a boxer also. 

don't forget his threatening youtube videos from his double wide.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 09:30:21 AM »
This "meet up" thread is quickly starting to crash and burn. No biggy, I still make the offer to any interested. Here is my 2 cents on why so few get big people ever meet at shows:

1. I suspect most never even attend bodybuilding events , unless they are local.

2. Many here want to remain hidden behind the cpu screen for whatever reason and have no desire to meet and speak as themself  with anyone else on the board in real life.

Kinda sad really, it is always fun to meet other musclehedz.
Howard

1) No, Howie. Most on here never attended a BB event. show, tradeshow etc...because they don't compete, have friends who compete. Most on here don't even know about the local scene in their town. Most here don't even like bodybuilding or have anything to do with it. Most here say they DON'T go to shows because they aren't "gay".

2). True for the most part. I met a handful of getbig celebrities at the ASC last year such as, onlyme, Rhino, MattC, Hugepecs, columbusdude, derek anthony, natural al and other IFBB pros who used to post here.

It is sad but it's fun to put faces and handshakes behind the screenname. In town I talk to Jenny BEAST, Luv2hurt quite often and we never have a conversation without somehow bringing up this place.

Quite sad, actually.
?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »
1) No, Howie. Most on here never attended a BB event. show, tradeshow etc...because they don't compete, have friends who compete. Most on here don't even know about the local scene in their town. Most here don't even like bodybuilding or have anything to do with it. Most here say they DON'T go to shows because they aren't "gay".

2). True for the most part. I met a handful of getbig celebrities at the ASC last year such as, onlyme, Rhino, MattC, Hugepecs, columbusdude, derek anthony, natural al and other IFBB pros who used to post here.

It is sad but it's fun to put faces and handshakes behind the screenname. In town I talk to Jenny BEAST, Luv2hurt quite often and we never have a conversation without somehow bringing up this place.

Quite sad, actually.

So where are you guys meeting up?  Bar, restaurant, the venue?

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 04:32:06 AM »
DA won't do anything to anybody.  The only thing he has the balls to do is spit semen crusted saliva, and any real man would knock hip toupee off if he did that.( Besides Vince)

If it does happen video tape the event!!! :-X

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 05:44:15 AM »
are you driving to Columbus or flying Howie?
Most likely drive up  with my 2 dogs. Columbus is about 530 miles from my house and all major interstate. My sis leaves there now, it takes me about 8 hrs if I drive steady. The total time to fly is about 4-5 hrs, considering the drive the airport, security check, going to the rental car booth, etc.
Are you going?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 05:53:51 AM »

Quite sad, actually.

Besides the known folks ,like Ron Aviden and Issac (lift studios), I too have met a few from the board, like Jeremy at the Colorado Pro last summer. It is sad, as joking around and having fun meeting other musclehedz along with the pros is really a lot of fun.  Some here are really missing out in my opinion.
Howard

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »

Oh yea yea...I met Ron Himself at the ASC and ISSAC at JRNats along with TreNugga. It is fun. I agree. They hyennas here don't get that, though.

Most of them can't afford to go because they are too young and if they can go they don't out of fear and their lack of interest in BB trade shows and supporting the industry they are actually very much into...on here.

I used to know guys who always played hockey. They'd conduct their own shooting clinics, speed drills, stick drills, scrimmages etc... They'd all suscribe to Hockey Insider, collect NHL cards just all hockey'd-out. Then I'd say..."Let's get HAWKS tickets...the Redwings are in town". They'd show no interest and say "Naaaw man...fuck that!".

It was always strange to me.
?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 06:22:02 AM »
I'll be there.  I'd love to meet you.   :)

:)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »

In the 'Mens' Restroom I bet .. :-X
The Number 2 in Scranton

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 06:25:19 AM »

Sure...introduce yourself to me. If I like ya...maybe I'll slip you my account password here and for my 3 other gimmick accounts.
?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:27 AM »
Sure...introduce yourself to me. If I like ya...maybe I'll slip you my account password here and for my 3 other gimmick accounts.

;D

:)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 06:45:55 AM »
Oh yea yea...I met Ron Himself at the ASC and ISSAC at JRNats along with TreNugga. It is fun. I agree. They hyennas here don't get that, though.

Most of them can't afford to go because they are too young and if they can go they don't out of fear and their lack of interest in BB trade shows and supporting the industry they are actually very much into...on here.

I used to know guys who always played hockey. They'd conduct their own shooting clinics, speed drills, stick drills, scrimmages etc... They'd all suscribe to Hockey Insider, collect NHL cards just all hockey'd-out. Then I'd say..."Let's get HAWKS tickets...the Redwings are in town". They'd show no interest and say "Naaaw man...fuck that!".

It was always strange to me.
At least those guys actually played hockey LOL.
I think its has a lot to do with travel and finances, and age, etc.
Who would want to actually admit they are some broke young guy living with their parents LOL.

I have also noticed that the cyber world is one of major fantasy and virtual roles, etc.
Hard to really know who can bench over 400 or has some actual muscle, or size.
I have been in enough gyms to know most that claim to be the next Mr O, are delusional "wanna bees".
Sad really, because if you are a funny, decent person, most could care less how buffed you really are.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »
Most likely drive up  with my 2 dogs. Columbus is about 530 miles from my house and all major interstate. My sis leaves there now, it takes me about 8 hrs if I drive steady. The total time to fly is about 4-5 hrs, considering the drive the airport, security check, going to the rental car booth, etc.
Are you going?
might be, Columbus is a very nice city and underrated, drove throught here on my way to Youngstown last year.