Author Topic: The King of Kong Fistful Of Quarters  (Read 2079 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
The King of Kong Fistful Of Quarters
« on: August 27, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
For anyone who enjoys classic video games.  :)

Steve Webe gets laid off and decides to devote his free time to playing Donkey Kong.  He ends up becoming so good he makes the world record.  While video taping the world record his son is screaming Daddy wipe my bottom in the background.  

The tape is sent to Twin Galaxies resulting in two investigators being sent to his house.  They take apart his machine and invalidate his score.  

He goes to a video game convention to try to make the world record and compete with the current world record holders Billy Mitchell.  Billy never competes in person, but instead sends in a tape.  

Basically it's a bunch of people taking video games way to seriously, but the recent shootings in Jacksonville made me think of this movie.  There's a sceen in this movie where a guy walks out of the arcade and just throws a fit.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Re: The King of Kong Fistful Of Quarters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »
Well I Heard on the radio actually that since then Billy Mitchell has been found cheating to beat that record. And stripped of his Guinnes World record and all titles.

https://www.slashfilm.com/king-of-kong-cheating/

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »
Nice movie - Mitchell is cliche and an actor but the only really interesting character. A mix of nerd and Chuck Norris in sellout mode.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 03:53:45 PM »
Cliffs, not watching an hour and a half video on a 1980’s arcade game.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 04:02:54 PM »
Cliffs, not watching an hour and a half video on a 1980’s arcade game.
Don't remember much of the plot and I watched it like 10 years ago. A duckpond of nerds taking some game way too seriously trying to beat some record. Bad guy vs good guy as always in these docudramas. Not really worth a watch I just watch documentaries as sleeping pills before going to bed.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »
For anyone who enjoys classic video games.  :)

Steve Webe gets laid off and decides to devote his free time to playing Donkey Kong.  He ends up becoming so good he makes the world record.  While video taping the world record his son is screaming Daddy wipe my bottom in the background. 

The tape is sent to Twin Galaxies resulting in two investigators being sent to his house.  They take apart his machine and invalidate his score. 

He goes to a video game convention to try to make the world record and compete with the current world record holders Billy Mitchell.  Billy never competes in person, but instead sends in a tape. 

Basically it's a bunch of people taking video games way to seriously, but the recent shootings in Jacksonville made me think of this movie.  There's a seen in this movie where a guy walks out of the arcade and just throws a fit.

good movie to watch on a lazy rainy weekday when your cardio is done

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:45 AM »
Probably too much Kong Blend:

kong blend.

Pre-workout.

50mgs anadrol/50mgs Dianabol

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 04:31:22 AM »
So I watched the short video. Why doesn’t this guy just play in some sort of live tournement and shut everyone up? Surely if he’s hit over a million a few times he’s good enough to st least get close and shut everybody up. ??? Also, I thought this was from the 80’s but evidently it’s pretty new. Who the fuck still plays donkey Kong?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 05:18:33 AM »
So I watched the short video. Why doesn’t this guy just play in some sort of live tournement and shut everyone up? Surely if he’s hit over a million a few times he’s good enough to st least get close and shut everybody up. ??? Also, I thought this was from the 80’s but evidently it’s pretty new. Who the fuck still plays donkey Kong?
Take a look at the guy with the mullet and bad ties. And then ask yourself that question again.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 06:21:00 AM »
Who throws a fit over video games?  Isn't the appropriate response to just open fire?

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 06:30:20 AM »

The reason for that is that Billy Mitchell had never actually hit a million point score until very recently... around a few weeks ago actually.  If you watch this movie you'll see that Billy Mitchell shows a video of himself at the very end of the movie, getting over 1 million points.  Sadly that video was proven to have been played on Mame, and not on original arcade hardware, and that he was in fact cheating! 

I know retro game high scores are considered lame to getbiggers, as they would rather destroy lines of coke while crushing numerous vaginas, but to these guys, those high scores are as important as breathing! lol  The extent that some will go to cheat and get a world record(s) is honestly quite sad!