Author Topic: Your take on Greg V, ramblin freak?  (Read 10162 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Your take on Greg V, ramblin freak?
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 02:30:53 PM »
I have no prob with him selling anything on his site.  However, it does perpetuate the rumors that his arms contain synthol.  I actually believe him that it is the scarring and buildup of whatever he's been shooting up for years.  But selling synthol on his site definitely puts his stamp of approval and therefore his endorsement upon the product.  So he doesn't have to answer to us, but any bitching about it will fall on deaf or mocking ears.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 02:37:44 PM »
I think his arms look horrendous but I have talked to the guy over emails and he seems nice.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 02:40:59 PM »

Hedge.. why are you so passionate about it? what he does.. doesn't hurt or effect you.. It's his body he's free to f**k it up in whatever way he chooses.

Yeah but he is a liar. He said he had 21" muscular arms cold NATURAL. Sergio Oliva's arms were less than 21" cold. He said he grew his 27" arms from steroids. How come nobody else has attained 27" arms? Including Ronnie Coleman. Why are his forearms puny? Why is his chest puny? Because it is all one big lie.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 02:47:57 PM »
GV is alright in my book....he likes to bang skanky, latin ghetto pigs!!   

The guy is probably fucking impotent.
The House that Ruth built

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »
I don't wish bad fortune on Valvolino.

Of course not.

But the fcuker is pimping Synthol. It's not illegal to sell Synthol. But sometimes you have to stand up for something. He's pimping the Synthol because it's easy money, and he gets away with it, because it's for "topical use only".

People will get their bodies ruined thanks to shit bought at Valvolino's place.

He can argue all he wants to about how he only supplies, he doesn't force any needle into the arms of anyone.

But the fact remains. There are people with his oil in their arms.

And some people here think he's a good guy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »
People will get their bodies ruined thanks to shit bought at Valvolino's place.
But the fact remains. There are people with his oil in their arms.
And some people here think he's a good guy.

Knowingly selling something that hurts ppl- That would put him on the level of a drug dealer.  I am pretty sure he isn't the type of guy to sell drugs, though.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »

I would seriously doubt that people looking at Greg's arms would rush out to buy the oil, they are no way worth having ... if anything seeing his arms would put you off getting oil.  ;)

Yes. I think you're right.

There are some few whackos though. You have to see the pic of that kid pulling a trailer. His arm is getting blue, looking about to fall off...  8)

Crazy. Just crazy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
greg v would be great for this board, what with all the trash talking on here ;D
forget what you know

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »

I like Greg...he was a gentleman the time I met him at The ASC, he hooked me up with a shout-out a couple years back and even remembered my name the day after I seen him at The Arnold...thats a big plus and also a compliment...to have your name remembered.

I USED to love his collumn but now...its so slapsticky and the humor is so potty...its very borning. The jokes, the b.s. about his ghetto piggy latina whore and the credit card thing with the get bit by a spider for a goth girl and his dick and shit blasts is so so old. You can tell in his writing style its 90% fictional...he just feels a obligation to 'entertain'. The whole 'woof, its getting hot in here...let me go jerk off...woof...did I say that? I was kidding....okay maybe not...woof...yes I was...okay maybe I wasnt...woof...I was in my car singing today...Oops I did it again, I played w/ your heart...oh no wait, I mean I was singing Metallica...yea...ummm.. Metallica...I wasnt singing Britney Spears no way...just kidding...maybe not...yes I was...woof let me take a jekyll/hyde pill...okay Im back...where was I...woof..."

Otherwise...Greg walked the line for years and years. He seen everything there is in the deep heart of the BB subculture of NY City...

No different than alot of us...train, talks mostly to people in the BB comunity or circles of your area...gets involved w/ gym politics...make pick-ups and drop-offs...use gear...go to all the shows blah blah blah. We all got skeletons in our closet...I see no reason to throw stones at him...DA is something els, though. Adam Reiche to!
?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 05:46:44 PM »
Blockhead, I also see no reason to cast ill will, personal insults or throw stones at GV.
Obviously, the man has struck a cord with the underground , get swole, freak lover ,side of this sport.
I suspect MD editor Steeve Blechman knows this as well.
Once again, I believe most when they claim he is  a nice guy and fun to be around with, etc.
I sincerely believe the man has some level of body dysmorphic disorder  and a tad self absorbed.
Instead of being "one of many" with a good state level body he opted to go for the complete freak look.
In the process he abandoned his chance to actually compete as an actual bodybuilder.

I just can't fathom why anyone would follow or think this guy is representaitive of bodybuilding but obviously he must be to some around the sport. THAT, I just can't comprehend???Why would anyone think that a complete disotortion of ones' physiue is cool?
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 06:13:13 PM »
He said in an interview that he sells synthol because everyone ask him about it so he figured he would sell it. He said he hasn't sold much at all though. His arms are due to site-injection steroids he said. "You think oil is going to make your arms that big?" He said it's solid.
"Shut the F up and train"

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »
He said in an interview that he sells synthol because everyone ask him about it so he figured he would sell it. He said he hasn't sold much at all though. His arms are due to site-injection steroids he said. "You think oil is going to make your arms that big?" He said it's solid.

I for one could care less  what actual artificial extreme method the man used to build his exploding guns.
The bigger issue is why anyone would consider him representative of bodybuilding.Look, the guy is not nuts, dangerous or a bad guy, etc. However, it seems that he has some sort of disorder when it comes to how he views his body, that is obvious. THAT should be the key focus when you look at GV.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »
That's why he's popular. He's not looked at as a "representative" or anything like that. The only reason we are talking about him is because he's a freak.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2006, 07:19:45 PM »
That's why he's popular. He's not looked at as a "representative" or anything like that. The only reason we are talking about him is because he's a freak.
Kinda like the bearded lady at the sideshow??? Ok  I get it now.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2006, 07:35:16 PM »
Kinda like the bearded lady at the sideshow??? Ok  I get it now.

YEp.

And he's not the reason bodybuilding isn't popular with the mainstream. Most people have never seen or heard of him. Guys like Ronnie Coleman are. The pros on the cover of Flex and MD. People see that physique and they just think "omg imagine all the steroids he takes." And they are right lol. It's just ugly to the average person. Arnold had a personality, he promoted the sport, and he maintained a build that was huge yet still "aesthetic" whatever that means. That generated interest because people wanted to look like him and it seemed like it was attainable.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »
YEp.

And he's not the reason bodybuilding isn't popular with the mainstream. Most people have never seen or heard of him. Guys like Ronnie Coleman are. The pros on the cover of Flex and MD. People see that physique and they just think "omg imagine all the steroids he takes." And they are right lol. It's just ugly to the average person. Arnold had a personality, he promoted the sport, and he maintained a build that was huge yet still "aesthetic" whatever that means. That generated interest because people wanted to look like him and it seemed like it was attainable.

I agree 100%, and until the sport becomes a PHYSIQUE contest instead of a massive freak show, we will be losers in the eyes of the media

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2006, 08:05:58 PM »
I enjoy watching the "FREAKS" lol as much as any other hardcore fan. I think if it went back to a smaller more attainable look the die-hard core wouldn't like it. Does anyone really want to go back to the 70s? The can of worms has been opened and there may be no going back. Blame it on DORIAN.  ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006, 08:11:35 PM »
I enjoy watching the "FREAKS" lol as much as any other hardcore fan. I think if it went back to a smaller more attainable look the die-hard core wouldn't like it. Does anyone really want to go back to the 70s? The can of worms has been opened and there may be no going back. Blame it on DORIAN.  ;D

As the pro sport caters to the taste and desires of the hardcore freak lovers, what has happened?
I am not saying make it  male model contest, no way. But a more ideal MR O would be Heath or DEXTER