Author Topic: Breaking: UFC President Dana White to Make Major Announcement at 5 p.m. ET  (Read 1514 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
what could it be ???
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
UFC Announces Brock Lesnar Suffering From Diverticulitis Again, Junior dos Santos to Face Shane Carwin at UFC 131
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
UFC Announces Brock Lesnar Suffering From Diverticulitis Again, Junior dos Santos to Face Shane Carwin at UFC 131

Sweet.  Carwin will KO JDS, then get Cain. 

Honestly, I don't know much about diverticulitis other than what I can google, but sure seems like Brock wants out of these big fights after getting KO'd hard by Cain. 

James

Shane Carwin Comments On Stepping In For Lesnar:

“I was training and my phone was blowing up so I looked over and saw some missed calls from Dana and Joe Silva. I reached out to my manager to see what was going on and he informed me that we are taking Lesnar’s spot for 131,“ he wrote at ShaneCarwin.com

“Junior is a serious fight and not the type of fight that you would normally take on a 30 day notice but I have a dream to chase and I do not have a lot of time to chase it. This is an opportunity to put myself in contention for the title.

“I know my coaches will have me ready so I have everything to gain. My manager said, ‘This is where you belong’ and I am going to make sure I do everything I can to prove him right. Please help make UFC 131 one of the biggest cards in the year. I hope Brock is able to recover. I look forward to facing him again one day.”

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=6817

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Nice.

Gonna be a tough fight.  Idk.  JDS has much better striking..  but that power of Carwin's is unreal.  And those huge paws that guys got.  PUlling for Carwins, but can easily see JDS ko'ing him.   

JDS does lack wrestling skill.  Perhaps Carwin will wanna get him down.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
This is an awesome fight.  Way better than with Brock...
w

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
This is an awesome fight.  Way better than with Brock...

Wont sell half as many ppv's though.

Dana cant be happy.
MikeMatarazzo.com

Geo

• Getbig IV
Wont sell half as many ppv's though.

Dana cant be happy.

sure it will in fact it'll probably sell more,with Lesnar coming off a loss to Velaquez, the UFC really couldn't sell JDS/Lesnar as a title elimination fight, JDS/Carwin is going to be promoted as a "Winner gets Velaquez" fight....

this fight makes way more sense than possibly having Lesnar in there in line for another beating at the hands of Cain.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
sure it will in fact it'll probably sell more,with Lesnar coming off a loss to Velaquez, the UFC really couldn't sell JDS/Lesnar as a title elimination fight, JDS/Carwin is going to be promoted as a "Winner gets Velaquez" fight....

this fight makes way more sense than possibly having Lesnar in there in line for another beating at the hands of Cain.

agreed
w