Author Topic: Ouch: Obama sounds a little irked  (Read 1080 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Ouch: Obama sounds a little irked
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:26:52 AM »
Obama himself dodged the question about how to treat Palin, only the second woman nominated as a major party's vice presidential pick and the GOP's first.

"I think she's got a compelling story, but I assume that she wants to be treated the same way that guys want to be treated, which means that their records are under scrutiny," Obama told reporters in York. "I've been through this for 19 months. She has been through it — what — four days so far?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_obama_women

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Ouch: Obama sounds a little irked
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
Sounds pretty accurate to me.

You find a falsity in his statement?

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »
accurate. But his point is valid. Osama is irked.  Doesn't know how to react, but it's ok. His handelers will have a decent strategy by Sunday. Look for HIM and the liberal left journalists(and i use the term loosely) to come back in a couple of days. Prolly an attack on Palin. SURPRISE!!!!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:18:44 PM »
Sounds pretty accurate to me.

You find a falsity in his statement?

Never said anything about the statement.

Look at Obama on the O'Reilly show....he has no cool about him what so ever, he looked nervous, and mad, and was on the edge of his seat....one of the reasons the camera zoomed out

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:49:11 PM »
accurate. But his point is valid. Osama is irked.  Doesn't know how to react, but it's ok. His handelers will have a decent strategy by Sunday. Look for HIM and the liberal left journalists(and i use the term loosely) to come back in a couple of days. Prolly an attack on Palin. SURPRISE!!!!!!
Why is some black guy named barack hussein obama doing so well in this election?

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Why is some black guy named barack hussein obama doing so well in this election?

wait, aren't you a Liberal?

I retract what I said about you.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »
Because of liberal guilt and the short attention span of the American public. I don't condone the KKK and I have never belonged to a white supremacy; movement. I am proud of the accomplishments of my ancestors and of those of myself and this generation of my family. I'm ok with being white. But I will not vote for a black (looking) candidate just because he appears to be black. My hope lies in the fact that my party has chosen a war hero that is not afraid to waylay DC.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
Because of liberal guilt and the short attention span of the American public. I don't condone the KKK and I have never belonged to a white supremacy; movement. I am proud of the accomplishments of my ancestors and of those of myself and this generation of my family. I'm ok with being white. But I will not vote for a black (looking) candidate just because he appears to be black. My hope lies in the fact that my party has chosen a war hero that is not afraid to waylay DC.
I hate Al and Jesse, if that counts for something :D At some point in history every race has been on the shitty end of things.  I got no guilt.  You don't think the Bush years helped in Obama's success?  I guarantee they did.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
Hell I agree. Damn. Probably too much beer tonight, but Hugo makes sense. White people were slaves long before the North American slave trade of the 1800's. Yes every race has been on the shit end of things at some time or another. As I said, I agree, Bush has helped Obama's cause. But McCain is NOT McSame. You can scream 90% all ya want, but it isn't working.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »
Hell I agree. Damn. Probably too much beer tonight, but Hugo makes sense. White people were slaves long before the North American slave trade of the 1800's. Yes every race has been on the shit end of things at some time or another. As I said, I agree, Bush has helped Obama's cause. But McCain is NOT McSame. You can scream 90% all ya want, but it isn't working.

but it's true, and the fact that the neocons are banking on him to stay in power says all we need to know about the same thing.  Hell, had it not been for the neocons, Bush might have been a decent president.  The neocons have outright flustered the hell out of conservatives and unfortunately McCain has warmly embraced them. 

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 09:41:31 PM »
I disagree. This "Maverick shit" is for real. Look how flustered the base was when it appeared he was gonna win the nomination. Well he did. John McCain is not anywhere near the Republican you are used to. As President he will re-define the party as he heals this country. Sorry though, no free health care.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »
I disagree. This "Maverick shit" is for real. Look how flustered the base was when it appeared he was gonna win the nomination. Well he did. John McCain is not anywhere near the Republican you are used to. As President he will re-define the party as he heals this country. Sorry though, no free health care.
Watch how Maverick he gets with the neoconservatives...  Infact how "Maverick" has he gotten with them.  To my knowledge the only thing he's ever crossed a neocon on is the surge.  They wanted to get it done with less troops and fired people who got in the way of that idea.  But by the time the surge was in the working, it was obvious the neocons called that wrong.  My personal opinion not voiced in this part.  Just recently he engaged in more inappropriate pressuring on behalf of a lobbyist.  The kind of shit he told us all was in his past and he wouldn't do anymore...  The Maverick shit is bs.  All I know is as far as the neocons are concerned, he's McSame and they're happy as shit about it.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 10:03:50 PM »
You're wrong Hugo. Check the immigration thing.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
You're wrong Hugo. Check the immigration thing.
McCain has flipped on immigration and with the subject I'm being told I'm wrong on, Neocons, immigration is hardly at the top of the WTF priority list on neocons.  Immigration is a hot potato and a lousy gauge.  Go one way, piss off the company/corporate republicans, go the other way, piss of the redneck republicans.  I'm not wrong on the fact that McCain has embraced the neocons. The fact is, he's brought them into his inner circle and McCain is the neocon's candidate.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 10:22:16 PM »
Don't think so. In February you will be crying about the turn America has taken. In 2012 You will be claiming you voted McCain, as we bury Oprah and Michelle. Al Gore will be long gone. Meanwhile the USA will be inspiring less-than-us workers around indonesia.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:28:21 PM »
Don't think so. In February you will be crying about the turn America has taken. In 2012 You will be claiming you voted McCain, as we bury Oprah and Michelle. Al Gore will be long gone. Meanwhile the USA will be inspiring less-than-us workers around indonesia.
wait, how many beers have you had... I think you're way ahead of me.  Let me catch up.